• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The GOD Thread~

á´…eparted

passages
Truth by majority rule? I agree with you on this thread, but not with this statement. Quite often it is the minority, even a small minority, that is right.

I've said it elsewhere, but I fully acknowledge I am not that good at debating and I know it, and this shows it.

What I was implying, was that if she is that outnumbered, with little support herself, that others pointed out, that she really really should reconsider her stance and see where it is coming from. Not to imply that the majority is correct because it is the majority.

I have read studies on brain physiology, specifically looking at the parts of the brain involved in sexual attraction. In gay men, these areas look more like women's brains than straight mens'. Similarly, in lesbians they look more like men's brains than straight womens'. So the difference is definitely physiological.

Yes indeed, thank you :D.

Though, brain develops up until around late 20's if memory serves correctly, so that could pop up at any time effectively without knowing when.

What would be a really cool study, is if they studied the brains of people starting from infancy to adulthood, then look at the differences. If they get even just 100 participants, it could give some really interesting results. Sadly it will take a generation.

á´…eparted

passages
My point is that having a link between gay men (or women) does not likely mean they were born being gay. Though it does mean that switch is probably more likely to be flipped with the 'right' or wrong, environment.

Meaning, some men need to bond more than others with their male counterparts. If those guys don't have a male role model or loving figure, it makes sense that they will be more likely to need to seek it out.

If you can provide some support for this argument I'll take it a bit more seriously. Up to this point though, you have largely made claims with no backup so I am not inclined to assume its based on more than your internal interpretations of what you see in the world.

Also, in a way you have desexualized this. It's not just about companionship, but physical attraction. I am sexually aroused by males, and not at all by females. Granted, sexual attraction and romantic attraction are separate (but often mutually exclusive), so it's only looking at one part of it. It's less about a bond with a male, but I just find them sexy. Many gay men feel this way if you were to ask them.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I wouldn't be surprised if personality type had something to do with homosexuality.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION]

The argument is futile on both sides due to a lack of conclusive, unbiased evidence that suggests one way over the other completely. For all we know, it could be a combination of physiological and environmental factors. There simply isn't enough evidence at the time being to disprove one side of the coin or the other entirely. (religious arguments are exactly the same way)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no I do. I'm full blown christian. But perhaps my perception of things may differ slightly from yours.

Calling me foolish, or whatever name you used, for liking and quoting the Bible, isn't what I would call full blown Christian.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I hang out on several gay oriented forum-style sites. One of the biggest is /r/gaybros. They pretty much runs the gambit of personality types. If there is a link I suspect it is pretty weak.

to be more precise, I believe each personality can have its own reason for turning gay. I don't know what that is but I'm certain its there. If I were to turn gay it would probably be because I lost hope in females and looked for someone just as desperate as myself for love. But I'm sure other personalities may have their reasons.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Calling me foolish, or whatever name you used, for liking and quoting the Bible, isn't what I would call full blown Christian.

Sure it is. Maybe god gave me a bit of knowledge that you don't have yet, that he wants you to understand, so that you can put up a good argument against people who don't know anything about faith.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you can provide some support for this argument I'll take it a bit more seriously. Up to this point though, you have largely made claims with no backup so I am not inclined to assume its based on more than your internal interpretations of what you see in the world.

Also, in a way you have desexualized this. It's not just about companionship, but physical attraction. I am sexually aroused by males, and not at all by females. Granted, sexual attraction and romantic attraction are separate (but often mutually exclusive), so it's only looking at one part of it. It's less about a bond with a male, but I just find them sexy. Many gay men feel this way if you were to ask them.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by calling it sexual loving.

Anyone can sex with anyone or anything!!!!!!!!!!!! Who you are aroused by is NOT a reason for whom you should or could LOVE! If that were the case, I'd indentify as a Poly Demi bi-sexual into kink and D/s. That is the fleshly side of me, not the spiritual side. Feeding the flesh will not lead me to a higher spiritual plane, or glorify God, which I (and you) are made for.

I could be aroused by pretty much any sexual scenario you can imagine, with pretty much any gender or probably even animal. But I'm not about to define myself thus!! I'm not an animal. I'm a higher-minded human being. God made me for more than that. He made me to spiritually love Him and possibly my Divine partner. And to unconditionally love all humans.

Let's stop letting our sex drive us. It debases you and makes you commit sexual immorality by living by the desires of your flesh.

á´…eparted

passages

The argument is futile on both sides due to a lack of conclusive, unbiased evidence that suggests one way over the other completely. For all we know, it could be a combination of physiological and environmental factors. There simply isn't enough evidence at the time being to disprove one side of the coin or the other entirely. (religious arguments are exactly the same way)

No I agree with you. I was more concerned with other things, which is why I kept/keep pressing. Based off the stuff I have read over the years, the general consensus from research in this field is that there is likely multiple factors, and multiple ways in which sexuality manifests. Many also seem to believe that a single mechanism in which it occurs will ever be found, due to the inherient complexity of it all.

Beorn

Permabanned

As far as I can tell homosexuality and heterosexuality are just recently invented social constructs with little scientific basis. The only reason why people are even bothering to prove this stuff scientifically is because the LGBT movement currently finds such a divide in sexuality to be politically helpful towards their aims.

Alea_iacta_est

As far as I can tell homosexuality and heterosexuality are just recently invented social constructs with little scientific basis. The only reason why people are even bothering to prove this stuff scientifically is because the LGBT movement currently finds such a divide in sexuality to be politically helpful towards their aims.

And just think, the ancient Greek city-states valued homosexuality and made it part of their culture.

Alea_iacta_est

Anyone can sex with anyone or anything!!!!!!!!!!!! Who you are aroused by is NOT a reason for whom you should or could LOVE! If that were the case, I'd indentify as a Poly Demi bi-sexual into kink and D/s. That is the fleshly side of me, not the spiritual side. Feeding the flesh will not lead me to a higher spiritual plane, or glorify God, which I (and you) are made for.

I could be aroused by pretty much any sexual scenario you can imagine, with pretty much any gender or probably even animal. But I'm not about to define myself thus!! I'm not an animal. I'm a higher-minded human being. God made me for more than that. He made me to spiritually love Him and possibly my Divine partner. And to unconditionally love all humans.

Let's stop letting our sex drive us. It debases you and makes you commit sexual immorality by living by the desires of your flesh.

And what if God's divine partner for others is indeed of the same gender?

á´…eparted

passages
to be more precise, I believe each personality can have its own reason for turning gay. I don't know what that is but I'm certain its there. If I were to turn gay it would probably be because I lost hope in females and looked for someone just as desperate as myself for love. But I'm sure other personalities may have their reasons.

That's fair. I have actually met a guy before who identified as straight until his 30's, then realized that women just weren't doing it. Experimented with some guys, and it was like he had an epiphany and suddenly realized that is what he was looking for after all this time, then came to the conclusion that he was bi, but leaning more strongly gay. Interesting note that stuck me, is he did not seem like a very self-aware person at all, so it fit. As I said, sexuality can be really really complex. I have to remind myself of that from time to time since I identify as exclusively homsexual so I am always on the other end of the spectrum.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

Yeah, ancient greek men used to have sex with boys at parties... They were without christianity. Hmm... I wonder if that was before the birth of christ? assuming they didn't have an opportunity to meet christ.

Beorn

Permabanned
And just think, the ancient Greek city-states valued homosexuality and made it part of their culture.

No. They didn't. They engaged in male on male sodomy and pederasty, but they didn't use such activity as a means of personal identity.

á´…eparted

passages

So you're just condmning sex in general? *sigh*. I'm not going to discuss this with god in place, as I said in the past you can' not prove he exists, so I have no reason to take it seriously. Thus I won't.

And, actually. We are by scientific definition, an animal. Human, but still animal with animal urges.

And I am going to quote this in highlight:

If that were the case, I'd indentify as a Poly Demi bi-sexual into kink and D/s.

Why would you suppress that? Sexual kinks and release are completely normal and healthy. They are things we should express and release. Assuming of course it's with a partner(s) that are mutually receptive to it.