• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The GOD Thread~

Beorn

Permabanned
I am not sure about that.

It's a good point. Worth pondering.

A lot of people smarter than you and me have pondered it. and they did it hundreds of years ago.

And as far as I'm aware almost the entirety of Christian thinking since then has unequivocally not ascribed sin to people who are victims of rape and sexual abuse.

Edit: to clarify that I'm not specifically attacking your intelligence.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Homosexuality is not of God. Sexuality period is not of God.

God brings love to one's life, and sex is a manifestation of that love between two people.

In our culture we define ourselves by SEX, who we want to sex (homo/hetero), how we sex (demi/pan), and how much we sex (nympho/asexual).

If we only spent as much time focused on LOVE this world would be such a better place.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Admin hat on: Just a reminder that hostility and name-calling is against the rules. Please keep it civil, even if you disagree vehemently with someone's point of view.

á´…eparted

passages
Sounds fairly anecdotal and difficult to prove.

People who are gay swear they are 'made' that way as well. But there is no proof of that being organic either. However, you can usually identify a dysfunctional relationship with the parent of the same gender.

No matter. The important thing is that God is TOLERANT OF OUR CHOICES.

It's just that you are probably not going to live up to your fullest potential breaking His Law and ignoring His guidance. He made us, and He knows what is best for us.

Science IS working on proving it. In fact, they just recently published a study showing a genetic commonality between gay men. Evidence! It works! So, yet again, you're wrong. And again, DOES IT MATTER? Does it matter what causes it? It doesn't change a goddam thing. Sexuality is really really really complex. How it manifests, is meaningless.

And yes, I was made to be gay. You're going to tell me I was not?

You're religion is a fucking farce. You can't use it to bolster unbackable ideas in regards to how people live their life.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A lot of people smarter than you and me have pondered it. and they did it hundreds of years ago.

And as far as I'm aware almost the entirety of Christian thinking since then has unequivocally not ascribed sin to people who are victims of rape and sexual abuse.

Edit: to clarify that I'm not specifically attacking your intelligence.

I'd be interested in references, if you can find some.

I think. In the case of abuse, the victim could be innocent, yet still be forced to sin.

Which, when you think about it, is what makes it so heinous, and difficult to assimilate.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Science IS working on proving it. In fact, they just recently published a study showing a genetic commonality between gay men. Evidence! It works! So, yet again, you're wrong. And again, DOES IT MATTER? Does it matter what causes it? It doesn't change a goddam thing. Sexuality is really really really complex. How it manifests, is meaningless.

You're religion is a fucking farce. You can't use it to bolster unbackable ideas in regards to how people live their life.

Since you are bringing it up, I'd be interested to know how the relationship with your father is/was. Especially growing up.

á´…eparted

passages
Since you are bringing it up, I'd be interested to know how the relationship with your father is/was. Especially growing up.

It was a mixed bag. He was very loving, cared about my well being. Spent lots of time with me, did many things to have fun and build a relationship. He was, and is a fantastic father. However, did not always go about it in the right way. In many ways we are very similar, in other's it's like night and day. My parents divorced when I was 3, and my mother held strong contempt against him, and influenced me unfairly into disliking and distrusting him more than I should have, so I saw him a in a negative light starting around 6 years old.

If you're going to think this is the "reason" I am gay, then don't, because it's not. It's biological. Earliest childhood memories I have show signs of me being gay. Even as a toddler I played with both genders toys by my own will, and there are family videos to show it.

Again, it doesn't matter, at all, why I am gay. What matters is, that I am, I am a healthy well functioning person, and I am allowed to live my life as a homosexual free of condemnation and direction from those who dissapprove for baseless reasons.

Beorn

Permabanned
I'd be interested in references, if you can find some.

I think. In the case of abuse, the victim could be innocent, yet still be forced to sin.

Which, when you think about it, is what makes it so heinous, and difficult to assimilate.

I gave you augustine. He discusses it in the City of God. I pretty much think he settles it, but it was only a tangential issue as the main problem was that pagan Romans were killing themselves over the dishonor of rape and he was trying to stop it. I'm not aware of any serious argument against Augustine's view since then.

I have no idea where you're views come from.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you're somehow stuck on the idea that causing sin somehow makes the sin of rape worse. But, you're really not thinking this through.

If it is sin on the victim's part then that comes with certain obligations like confession and seeking forgiveness from the ones you sin against.

This means that if it is sin then the victim has to seek forgiveness from the attacker.

That's just a deplorably heinous outcome.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

post a link or it didn't happen

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It was a mixed bag. He was very loving, cared about my well being. Spent lots of time with me, did many things to have fun and build a relationship. He was, and is a fantastic father. However, did not always go about it in the right way. In many ways we are very similar, in other's it's like night and day. My parents divorced when I was 3, and my mother held strong contempt against him, and influenced me unfairly into disliking and distrusting him more than I should have, so I saw him a in a negative light starting around 6 years old.

If you're going to think this is the "reason" I am gay, then don't, because it's not. It's biological. Earliest childhood memories I have show signs of me being gay. Even as a toddler I played with both genders toys by my own will, and there are family videos to show it.

Again, it doesn't matter, at all, why I am gay. What matters is, that I am, I am a healthy well functioning person, and I am allowed to live my life as a homosexual free of condemnation and direction from those who dissapprove for baseless reasons.

My friend, why do you infer that I would in any way imply you cannot choose to live how you want to, and choose to?

I am interested in origins of causality, and how that lines out with God's Word and Divine Will. I will always seek to know the Truth. Knowing the Truth, and encouraging others to know and seek the Truth doesn't have anything to do with how each of us manifests our life, and how we live.

The Truth about homosexuality, and hypersexuality, and asexuality seems to point in the direction of nurture, not nature. But that does not mean one cannot choose to live how one decides to. As I said God is COMPLETELY TOLERANT OF OUR CHOICES. Jesus is too. They are both gentlemen. That does not mean that you won't face Him someday and have to explain your choices, but if He allows you to choose, who are mere humans to tell you that you cannot?

Having said that, Christians have a responsibility to 'rebuke' their brethren when they see them committing sin (as homosexuality and sexual immorality is sin), but then to step back and leave them alone.

I think you most definitely have a sound basis for your desire to bond with men to stem from your lack of bonding with a consistent male role model, especially in your formative years. Playing with certain toys makes little difference ultimately in one's psychosocial and sexual well-being. A boy can love pink, love dress-up, love his fingernails painted, love girl toys, but still turn out being a boy, and able to love the woman God made for him.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Sadly, there is no video of me coming out of the womb. Though I can tell you I came out with much glitter and I sneered at the cooch saying "...never again. that's the only time you'll ever see me coming out of one of those".

You coming out of the womb has nothing to do with you making up facts. Post a link or stop saying things you have no hope in justifying.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:popc1:

á´…eparted

passages
You coming out of the womb has nothing to do with you making up facts. Post a link or stop saying things you have no hope in justifying.

...I did? It contains a link explaining a recent study showing a link between genetics and sexuality. That's why I thought you were referring to something else in jest.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
They day someone can prove to me scientific research that hints that homosexuals have no hope of being straight, is the day I second guess the bible.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
...I did? It contains a link explaining a recent study showing a link between genetics and sexuality. That's why I thought you were referring to something else in jest.

Quit playing dumb and trying to cover up your own bullshit.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I gave you augustine. He discusses it in the City of God. I pretty much think he settles it, but it was only a tangential issue as the main problem was that pagan Romans were killing themselves over the dishonor of rape and he was trying to stop it. I'm not aware of any serious argument against Augustine's view since then.

I have no idea where you're views come from.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you're somehow stuck on the idea that causing sin somehow makes the sin of rape worse. But, you're really not thinking this through.

If it is sin on the victim's part then that comes with certain obligations like confession and seeking forgiveness from the ones you sin against.

This means that if it is sin then the victim has to seek forgiveness from the attacker.

That's just a deplorably heinous outcome.

Yes, but I am purporting that in the case of victims, God allows more grace through Jesus, for forgiving those sins. Especially in the case of children who might not know better or be able to prevent it.

But yeah, it does mean that forgiveness needs to happen. But how is that any different than all of us being imperfect and needing forgiveness for merely existing?

MBTI Type
INTJ
You cannot sin and be innocent at the same time. That's irrational.

You'll only drive yourself crazy trying to make rational sense of this position. This is the same person that spent an entire thread accusing the Freemasons of orchestrating mass child abuse and then asserted that the lack of evidence or chatter about it was even more damning than if there were evidence because it showed the capability of the Freemasons to cover it up.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Quit playing dumb and trying to cover up your own bullshit.

Um, what? He really did post a link to the study... Go back to the original post you quoted. It's been there the whole time.

Alea_iacta_est

I feel that this is an adequate representation of my faith in humanity now from simply reading this thread for the past 4-7 pages.

(Hint: The ship is my faith in humanity)