• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The GOD Thread~

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Him being the son of God? or him being the Church Priest in your Church community (who is supposed to be the teacher)?

In John it says:

1Jn 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

and as I explained before, the only thing that you can live through (is not believing on other people), but reliance on a fully realized heart of understanding: and so, one must find the true Gospel, and which church actually has it. Its the gift of the brother and sister in the church that will heal.

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
You can start to understand the way of righteousness like this: (as my priest said)

There can be no peace without joy and no joy without righteousness.

scripture: Rom_14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

So one can see clearly that he understands how to convey truth.

Him being the Father. Though knowledge of the Son is a necessary part as well.

Alea_iacta_est

I am an old earth creationist, which means I believe in the likelihood of the Big Bang, but that God created everything. I have a unique belief that Time came before God, but that is just an educated guess on my part. The Big Bang Theory actually ties in amazingly well with Genesis Chapter 1. I believe God created man, as we exist and as the ancient Hebrews existed, as separate from animals, including apes. There is a missing link because there is no link.

I capitalize LORD because that is how the Bible does it in reference to God. Otherwise Lord usually refers to Jesus. God is only all caps when I mean it more fully, as in the title of this thread.

Many people don't know this, but the Big Bang was founded by a Christian Fundamentalist (Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître) attempting to steer science back onto course with Christianity because physicists and astronomers at the time were supporting cyclical models (i.e. there is no beginning, and there isn't an end (but there is an end to dynamic energy in an event called "Heat Death" approximately a googol years from now, but that's a different story)), which are beginning to gain speed again today after the decline of the Big Bang.

Mole

Permabanned
Many people don't know this, but the Big Bang was founded by a Christian Fundamentalist (Monseigneur Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître) attempting to steer science back onto course with Christianity because physicists and astronomers at the time were supporting cyclical models (i.e. there is no beginning, and there isn't an end (but there is an end to dynamic energy in an event called "Heat Death" approximately a googol years from now, but that's a different story)), which are beginning to gain speed again today after the decline of the Big Bang.

Yes the Big Bang Theory was an attempt to shore up Christianity.

However rather than suffering a heat death, the universe is on a runaway accelerating expansion, which will see the universe around the Milky Way disappear forever, and finally the accelerating expansion will pull apart even the atoms of the Milky Way.

Alea_iacta_est

Yes the Big Bang Theory was an attempt to shore up Christianity.

However rather than suffering a heat death, the universe is on a runaway accelerating expansion, which will see the universe around the Milky Way disappear forever, and finally the accelerating expansion will pull apart even the atoms of the Milky Way.

That requires the proven existence of Dark Energy however, and I've seen some mixed views on it despite its feasibility.

A

A window to the soul

jdgj.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
That requires the proven existence of Dark Energy however, and I've seen some mixed views on it despite its feasibility.

We know that the distance between galaxies is increasing at an accelerating rate. And we can say it is not the galaxies which are accelerating away from us, rather it is time/space that is expanding at an accelerating rate.

And it is true we haven't isolated Dark Energy in the laboratory, so we don't know much about it, and its existence may be doubted. But the fact of the expansion of time/space is not in doubt.

Alea_iacta_est

We know that the distance between galaxies is increasing at an accelerating rate. And we can say it is not the galaxies which are accelerating away from us, rather it is time/space that is expanding at an accelerating rate.

And it is true we haven't isolated Dark Energy in the laboratory, so we don't know much about it, and its existence may be doubted. But the fact of the expansion of time/space is not in doubt.

What is called into question however is the universe's expansion, not the acceleration of galaxies's departures from each other. I've seen a few theories that talk of an equilibrium between the universe's sheer gravitational weight and the acceleration of dark energy. They hypothesized, through some measures I don't recall, that space-time is stretching from the acceleration of dark energy but the universe is not expanding because of its own gravity (don't ask me to explain that one, I'm simply the messenger in this situation). I'm not a big supporter of this theory, but it is still an alternative view nonetheless.

Mole

Permabanned
What is called into question however is the universe's expansion, not the acceleration of galaxies's departures from each other. I've seen a few theories that talk of an equilibrium between the universe's sheer gravitational weight and the acceleration of dark energy. They hypothesized, through some measures I don't recall, that space-time is stretching from the acceleration of dark energy but the universe is not expanding because of its own gravity (don't ask me to explain that one, I'm simply the messenger in this situation). I'm not a big supporter of this theory, but it is still an alternative view nonetheless.

It's totally fascinating no matter what the result. We live in extraordinary times when we are discovering the very nature of the universe.

sorenx7

Lord is a medieval term and Jesus didn't live in the medieval period.

The word "lord" isn't just a medieval term. "Lord" can be traced back to the Anglo-Saxon word hlaford, which referred to the chieftain of a tribe. Through the years, the word has gained multiple meanings, including being used to refer to members of the peerage in the UK. It can also be used to refer to a feudal ruler, a god, etc.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Don't be silly. Our poets, artists, musicians, choreographers, describe the colours and textures of the skies and the seas you see in your dreams. In fact it is likely you see the colours and textures of he skies and seas already depicted by our poets, artists, musicians, choreographers.

Perhaps you should think about paying them royalties.

God bless them for trying.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Beatitudes

I believe God is intimately related to Dark Energy. Might even be dark energy. Even scientists think this as they call it "the God particle." From what I've read, at this point it looks like the universe can keep expanding, can stop expanding, or can even begin shrinking! Obviously, God is in charge.

After praying about what God wanted me to write about today, I opened right to the Beatitudes. So here goes. It is one of the most beautiful prayers in the Bible, and is originally from Jesus. Jesus oft quoted the Prophets in the things He said, but this was very original to Jesus:

The Beatitudes

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you,
and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. ~Matthew 5:3-11

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think it's just another variation on Poe's Law.

I don't know I grew up in the bible belt and very little about extreme fundamental christian beliefs surprise me, plus she's made similar threads. :shrug: I don't agree with 98% of what she's saying in this thread though. I've just learned to nod a smile politely, and when someone says they'll pray for you, even especially when you don't want it, just say "thank you"

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know what Poe's Law is.

I know all about thinking God and Jesus lovers are crazy though. I know both sides as I was an atheist for so long.

Sometimes God calls you to Him, and you actually hear Him. That is when you are most blessed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know I grew up in the bible belt and very little about extreme fundamental christian beliefs surprise me, plus she's made similar threads.

That was exactly my point, Prpl. I don't think she's a troll either, she believes all this. Poe's Law has one noted application that one can mistake a sincere person for a troll if the behavior is extreme enough.

I just find it annoying that the thread is called "The 'GOD' thread" but it's really not about "god" in general, since the name "God" is used by various religions to descrivbe a variance of divine personas; it should really just be "The [particular sect] Christian Thread."

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I don't think she's a troll, she just has her own beliefs, and those beliefs comfort her, and make her happy, and she's trying to make people feel the way her God makes her feel.

And while I don't exactly share her beliefs, I commend her for this because I'm sure she knows very few people care and some are even offended by what she has to say.

You don't have to listen to her, you know, and you especially don't have to insult her.

Like prpl said, if you don't like what she's selling, just nod, say no, thank you, and go on your own way. Find your own way to make sense of it all.

Last edited: