• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The GOD Thread~

Mole

Permabanned
I am honoured to be created. Indeed.

Out of curiosity: did God create you, and all the flora and fauna; or did each specie arrive through Natural Selection?

So is each specie dependent on God, or is each specie dependent on all the other species?

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Out of curiosity: did God create you, and all the flora and fauna; or did each specie arrive through Natural Selection?

So is each specie dependent on God, or is each specie dependent on all the other species?

Don’t talk to me about nature and survival..
I don’t even know how much oxygen I am breathing, ..
I mean parts of my own brain are not under my control, so how come I’ve survived without a gif of God? without a will of God?
How come I haven’t been created? I had a start!
So what about the time before my start? Other people, yeah, other creatures.
I worship anyone who’s better than me because I’m obviously weak, ..
At least I cannot live forever and not die.
So who’s better and more intelligent than me?
A LOT.
Then I’ll worship the best and most intelligent.
The creator. ;)

Mole

Permabanned

I mean parts of my own brain are not under my control, so how come I’ve survived without a gif of God? without a will of God?
A LOT.
The creator. ;)

I admire your brio.

And remembering we become what we worship, and as you worship the best and most intelligent, then you are becoming the best and most intelligent.

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS

A LOT.
The creator. ;)

This doesn't make sense.

Mole

Permabanned
Idealisation and Worship

We become what we worship. And almost universally we idealise God. And as we become what we worship, when we worship an idealised God, we idealise ourselves.

Does this explain our epidemic of narcissism, does this explain why we present our best selfies on the internet?

Is our narcissism of selfies actually a religious act of worship?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reposted from another forum I occasionally frequent. It is a small discussion about God sanctioned polyamory...

What do y'all think or believe?

Thank you so much for your response.

It has given me much to think about. I believe fully that the Bible of old is still relevant and wonderful today, in all of its aspects, old testament and new.

You have corroborated for me, and brought to light something I knew but could not yet see, that polygyny is condoned by God but polyandry really is not. It is also interesting to note that God has not expressly forbidden women sleeping with women, only men with men. So polygyny might provide ample opportunities for women to practice 'poly' in a God-sanctioned marriage with their co-wives. Whereas polyandry would lead to temptation and sin as men might become sexual partners. Plus, anecdotally, men usually state one of their primitive and deep desires is to see two women together. I suspect this ties in with polygyny being the Godly choice.

Indeed, I am recalling something about Celtic cultures being the ones most likely to practice polyandry? That would not surprise me as Celtic cultures are pagan and paganism is as far removed from God as it gets, and is actually a precursor to devil-worship.

God points us in the right direction if we but listen, but He does not make us choose the right way. It is actually self-righteous Christians who have made monogamy the moral code, and enforced that with man-made law. It bears mentioning that it is not God doing that!

It is important to note that Adam, Noah, Job, and Isaac only had one wife and they were highly esteemed men who walked with God. God does not favor polygyny for all men nor women, yet He does not make it a sin within the realm of marriage. Also, some men have terrible problems associated with their polygamy, such as Jacob, whose sons sold their own brother into slavery due to jealousy!

Also, you must not do much Bible study because God obviously loves women and sets them apart. Again, if women have been treated as chattel, it has been men over the millenia who have decided on their own to do that. God made women to be men's help-mate and equal. Jesus reinforced that and made it right where Moses and men had gotten it wrong (like in divorcing your wife without real thought as to her well-being). God gave the gift of life to women, not men. God loves women. Just because sinful and hateful men have denigrated God's word and intent, that has nothing to do with the sovereignty or beneficence of monotheism or God.

Nicodemus

Plus, anecdotally, men usually state one of their primitive and deep desires is to see two women together. I suspect this ties in with polygyny being the Godly choice.
How peculiar. It happens to tie in with another popular hypothesis as well, namely that the biblical texts were written by men.

Passacaglia

We become what we worship. And almost universally we idealise God. And as we become what we worship, when we worship an idealised God, we idealise ourselves.

Does this explain our epidemic of narcissism, does this explain why we present our best selfies on the internet?

Is our narcissism of selfies actually a religious act of worship?
...Is that you, Gaias Baltar?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where to start?

Reposted from another forum I occasionally frequent. It is a small discussion about God sanctioned polyamory...

What do y'all think or believe?
I actually don't believe God gets down to this level of detail in spelling out what humans should do. Love God and Love others; we must come up with the recipes ourselves.

Indeed, I am recalling something about Celtic cultures being the ones most likely to practice polyandry? That would not surprise me as Celtic cultures are pagan and paganism is as far removed from God as it gets, and is actually a precursor to devil-worship.
This is fallacious and ignorant. Some might say Paganism is as close to God as it gets, since so few intermediaries are needed/used. Pagans deal with the primary source material: the creator's creation. Most Pagans don't even believe in the devil. How many people worship something they don't even believe in?

God points us in the right direction if we but listen, but He does not make us choose the right way. It is actually self-righteous Christians who have made monogamy the moral code, and enforced that with man-made law. It bears mentioning that it is not God doing that!
Self-righteous Christians have been prolific in making moral codes and attributing them to God.

Also, you must not do much Bible study because God obviously loves women and sets them apart.
This does women no favors, as it undercuts their fundamental humanity. We need theology (and everything else) that brings people together.

How peculiar. It happens to tie in with another popular hypothesis as well, namely that the biblical texts were written by men.
A problem right there.

Last edited:

Beorn

Permabanned
It's not the Godly choice. This is a descriptive/prescriptive issue. It wasn't glorified, it wasn't forbidden, it was tolerated. Yet, time and time again you can see those that had multiple wives getting nothing but trouble out of it.

The ideal for humanity in general is to return to the garden and in the garden it was one man and one woman.

Last edited:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not the Godly choice. This is a descriptive/prescriptive issue. It wasn't glorified, it wasn't forbidden, it was tolerated. Yet, time and time again you can see those that had multiple wives getting nothing but trouble out of it.

The ideal for humanity in general is to return to the garden and in the garden it was one man and one woman.

Agreed.

But we don't live in the garden here...

Beorn

Permabanned
Agreed.

But we don't live in the garden here...

But, we're on the journey to the garden, at least that's my eschatological view.

We don't live in a society that benefits from the (possible) political stability of a king or tribe leader having dozens of sons to run his country for him and protect his ass. We have the (christian) western legal tradition to help us maintain political stability and it works a hell of lot better. Moreover, we live in a society with a much more fair distribution of wealth which is good in itself, but also makes multiple wives a nightmare as it would cause a scarcity of women available to men of means. Multiple wives can only work in a hierarchal society and even then the same thing happens to a large portion of men; they are condemned to a life without the joys of having a family. We have moved beyond that.

There's just no reason for it and every reason not to sanction it in our society.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But, we're on the journey to the garden, at least that's my eschatological view.

We don't live in a society that benefits from the (possible) political stability of a king or tribe leader having dozens of sons to run his country for him and protect his ass. We have the (christian) western legal tradition to help us maintain political stability and it works a hell of lot better. Moreover, we live in a society with a much more fair distribution of wealth which is good in itself, but also makes multiple wives a nightmare as it would cause a scarcity of women available to men of means. Multiple wives can only work in a hierarchal society and even then the same thing happens to a large portion of men; they are condemned to a life without the joys of having a family. We have moved beyond that.

There's just no reason for it and every reason not to sanction it in our society.

Meh. Mental masturbation.

Making it legal for people to marry more than one person would probably just cut down on the divorce rate, if anything. And mean less trauma for families torn asunder.

Really, should the government have say in how many people we choose to live our life with, or share love with? Especially when God's own Law does not forbid it?

Why did we give the government rights over our private lives in this way?

Permabanned
Meh. Mental masturbation.

Making it legal for people to marry more than one person would probably just cut down on the divorce rate, if anything. And mean less trauma for families torn asunder.

Really, should the government have say in how many people we choose to live our life with, or share love with? Especially when God's own Law does not forbid it?

Why did we give the government rights over our private lives in this way?
Where is this law written?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Where is this law written?

In the Bible. There are shalt nots and there are shalts. There is neither regarding polygamy. Only that two men may not sleep together, and more along sexual sin lines.

The Jews state that only polygyny is allowed but I cannot find anything about polyandry being a sin...

Permabanned
In the Bible. There are shalt nots and there are shalts. There is neither regarding polygamy. Only that two men may not sleep together, and more along sexual sin lines.

The Jews state that only polygyny is allowed but I cannot find anything about polyandry being a sin...

Where did this bible come from and who wrote it?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Bible began long, long ago. At a time when man was passing along stories orally. Certain men became inspired by God, and imbued with the spirit of God, and the story took shape that way. Abraham was credited with being the father of monotheism, and he was born around 2000 BC. The Bible was not actually written down until 547 BC, when the Israelite nation was forced into captivity in Babylon, and felt the drive to commit their story to paper/papyrus.

Moses is credited with writing the early Bible, but it was not likely he that actually wrote it, as he lived around 1200 BC. Various prophets and men of God passed along wisdom and words granted to them by God. It all gelled together into the Bible.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You can probably tell by my signature (nearly every aspect of it) that I believe none of that nonsense (sorry if I offended anyone). After all, it is a faith, and I try to keep the amount of faith I hold in my life at a minimum, because it is unreasonable. I see the belief in God as an emotional crutch, most people find it hard to contemplate reality as it is, they think there's "got to be something more than this". It's an illusion propagated by the mystical tendencies of an uneducated human mind, in most cases that is.

Beorn

Permabanned

So does this mean you're down with slavery?