• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Power to do Evil v. Power to do Good

Didums

The power to do evil is greater than the power to do good.

OR

The power to do good is greater than the power to do evil.

Discuss.

(If there is a thread like this, I apologize, but I could not find it.)

Good and Evil themselves are only adjectives that are applied to things as you suit them. What is "Good" to Bob might actually be "Evil" to Jill so the terms are very arbitrary. I know what you mean but I just thought that that had to be pointed out.

I'd say that the power to do Evil is alot easier to do in a physical sense but harder in an emotional sense (unless you are insane of course). The power to do Good may be easy in both ways depending on what kind of "Good" it is, it may be a simple wrapped gift or a new technology that will benefit society, "Good" is much more broadly defined that "Evil".

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Evil = easier, Good = more potential to change things, I would say.

I agree with this, except I would say that the power to do good has more potential to change things in a positive way. That, to me, makes the power to do good greater.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
If good is described only as that which changes then actions often deemed evil would actually be the most efficient methods of doing good.