• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there a certain type that is attracted to religion and serving religious causes?

What types favor religion? Are there some that get really religious?

• Total voters

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is to some. They worship the god of Science. And man, can they be fanatical about it.

If science cannot prove something, it is philosophy and not worthy of basing any real trust in it. Anything disproven by the scientific method is objectively false.

I

Infinite Bubble

If science cannot prove something, it is philosophy and not worthy of basing any real trust in it. Anything disproven by the scientific method is objectively false.

Hey, don't degrade philosophy like that. Where do you think it starts?

I

Infinite Bubble

At worst, it is wishful thinking, at best it is philosophy. Philosophy is more aesthetics than anything.

Philosophy is being curious. It is asking questions. Philosophy sets us apart from other animals.

The irony is aesthetics is a branch of philosophy.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Philosophy is being curious. It is asking questions. Philosophy sets us apart from other animals.

The irony is aesthetics is a branch of philosophy.

Then what would be the word for making things up and passing it along as truth?

I

Infinite Bubble

there we go...

No because it's in the intent. Philosophy doesn't aim to lie, and science doesn't get everything right. Science flails about going off new findings and past mistakes.

From your reasoning more of science is a lie than it is truth. Science is not exempt if philosophy is not. Both were one even, until the 19th century or so, being referred to as "natural philosophy". I think what you say is a lie should simply be thought of as being incorrect.

There is a more subjective nature to philosophy, it isn't as conclusive as science, but it's not so much the result as it is the exploration of thought, ideas and concepts.

(Don't think I'm against science btw, I have passion for both, just trying to make a point. :))

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No because it's in the intent. Philosophy doesn't aim to lie, and science doesn't get everything right. Science flails about going off new findings and past mistakes.

From your reasoning more of science is a lie than it is truth. Science is not exempt if philosophy is not. Both were one even, until the 19th century or so, being referred to as "natural philosophy". I think what you say is a lie should simply be thought of as being incorrect.

There is a more subjective nature to philosophy, it isn't as conclusive as science, but it's not so much the result as it is the exploration of thought, ideas and concepts.

(Don't think I'm against science btw, I have passion for both, just trying to make a point. :))

Ok, you got me. You win. I have confirmed science and philosophy were once the same and are still close enough to be both acceptable. Religion is still pretty bad though due to its overreliance on faith [though due to the probing, inquisitive nature of Unitarian Universalism, I make an exception for them.].

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ESTP 8w7 sx/so here.

Considering I'm probably one of the most openly religious people I know, neither ESTP nor 8 have any votes. So I'm going to go ahead and say that poll results are iffy at best.

Matter of fact many of the people I've met who claim to be 8's also claim to be religious.

the idea that E6 is the most religious... bollocks. If anything they're the most militant atheist because WAAAH SANTA CLAUS ISN'T GIVING ME THINGS. As for enneagram 1, its unfortunate but yes, everyone has bumped into that enneagram 1 who is ultimately scared of having their beliefs challenged who gets defensive. In fact these people seem to be the brunt of most religious stereotypes. A buncha prudent perfectionistic cookie baking xenophobes. Meet a real christian some day and they will know exactly what they are talking about and their beliefs won't be challenged. (this is an open invite to challenges mine if you have any questions)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Submissive people?

I specifically got angry while reading the bible when it said "we are slaves to god." I then pretty much said, "wtf god? you know me. I can't become submissive if I tried. So how the hell am I supposed to be your 'slave'?"

His answer to me was that I am to be his friend. Crack open a bible sometime and this statement is confirmed in what was said to moses and what jesus said of his disciples.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Otherwise I believe there are some types more than others who are more inclined to brainwashing themselves into believing something out of fear.

1's being the biggest candidates. Its funny how acting out the fear of being corrupt leads to the person corrupting their own rationale.

Mane

Permabanned
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't 84% of the word's population religious? Shouldn't the default assumption be that the vast majority of any type are likely to be religious, and it's counter the reverse question: Which types are less inclined to be religious then the norm?

I am non religious. I've explored spiritual systems for fun, but I can't fathom why would anyone feel the need to just pick one.... And I will gladly help in contributing my own to that type statistic as soon as I determine my own (With this shameless type me thread promotion).

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I’m very religious because I didn’t choose this religion unless I questioned it from every corner.​