User Tag List

View Poll Results: What types favor religion? Are there some that get really religious?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

19 25.00%
  • ISTJ

24 31.58%
  • INTJ

6 7.89%
  • ENTJ

3 3.95%
  • ESFP

7 9.21%
  • ISFP

12 15.79%
  • ESTP

2 2.63%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INFJ

30 39.47%
  • INFP

20 26.32%
  • ENFP

6 7.89%
  • ENFJ

19 25.00%
  • ISFJ

34 44.74%
  • ESFJ

32 42.11%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • INTP

1 1.32%

16 21.05%

13 17.11%

1 1.32%

7 9.21%

0 0%

14 18.42%

2 2.63%

2 2.63%

7 9.21%
  • SO

20 26.32%
  • SX

3 3.95%
  • SP

9 11.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 4121314

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    487 sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I think another thing. Pessimistic types (468's) are those who're the most able to select the "sacred" things. They see the most beautiful things and are very sensitive to the least evil.
    I often say "psychological impact" because it's a central concept to me.

The following data is sourced from CAPT, which promotes MBTI research. Take note of two things before taking this data as gospel: one, the statistics are sourced from the USA, which is a fairly religious country as opposed to a highly irreligious country such as Estonia, and two, there's a considerable difference between saying you are religious and actually making religion the central focus of your life.

The top ranking types who said they definitely did not believe in a higher power were:
    INTJ (23.1%)
    ENTJ (14.6%)
    INTP (11.1%)
    ISTP (9.9%)

The top ranking types who said they were "not sure" were:
    ISTP (19.2%)
    INTP (16.2%)
    ENTP (14.6%)
    ENTJ (14.6%)

The top ranking types who said they did believe in a higher power were:
    ENFJ (91.4%)
    ESFJ (90.2%)
    ENFP (89.8%)
    ISFJ (89.7%)

So, it seems that F and J contribute the most to religiosity, while N and T contribute the most to irreligiosity. Between the NTs, the NTJs were more decisive about not believing in a higher power, whereas the NTPs tended more towards agnosticism.

As for the FJs, religious occupations were ranked highest on preferred occupations for INFJ, followed by ENFJ.

I think NFPs would have an above average tendency towards religious beliefs, but unlike NFJs, their beliefs would tend more towards a looser spiritual framework that doesn't necessarily view one religion as more true than the other. There would be a greater emphasis on "personal truths". A lot of the new age crowd would fall under the NFP label.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ✨ Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Play View Post
    The following data is sourced from CAPT, which promotes MBTI research. Take note of two things before taking this data as gospel: one, the statistics are sourced from the USA, which is a fairly religious country as opposed to a highly irreligious country such as Estonia, and two, there's a considerable difference between saying you are religious and actually making religion the central focus of your life.

The top ranking types who said they definitely did not believe in a higher power were:
    INTJ (23.1%)
    ENTJ (14.6%)
    INTP (11.1%)
    ISTP (9.9%)

The top ranking types who said they were "not sure" were:
    ISTP (19.2%)
    INTP (16.2%)
    ENTP (14.6%)
    ENTJ (14.6%)

The top ranking types who said they did believe in a higher power were:
    ENFJ (91.4%)
    ESFJ (90.2%)
    ENFP (89.8%)
    ISFJ (89.7%)

So, it seems that F and J contribute the most to religiosity, while N and T contribute the most to irreligiosity. Between the NTs, the NTJs were more decisive about not believing in a higher power, whereas the NTPs tended more towards agnosticism.

As for the FJs, religious occupations were ranked highest on preferred occupations for INFJ, followed by ENFJ.

I think NFPs would have an above average tendency towards religious beliefs, but unlike the NFJs, their beliefs would tend more towards a looser spiritual framework that doesn't necessarily view one religion as more true than the other. There would be a greater emphasis on "personal truths". A lot of the new age crowd would fall under the NFP label.
    Religiosity is not equal to belief in god(s).
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★・゚ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ・゚ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ・゚ ᴛʜᴇ ・゚ᴇᴇʟꜱ・゚★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Religiosity is not equal to belief in god(s).
    Religiosity is assumed to be a belief in a higher power (such as a god or gods) for statistical purposes. That's the framework I'm working with here.
    Last edited by Shadow Play; 06-01-2019 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Clarifying something.

Most of the NPs in my life seem to be in the same boat with with me- being very against religion.

I think it has to do with conformity, and it's tough to generalize MBTI with religiosity, because we're all developing in our own ways, and some people are so conditioned by their own environments, it's hard for them to truly express their full potential, so matters of critical thinking go out the door, as it's discouraged to question religion.

They only religion that encourages one to question even its very own premises (if you can call it a religion, and in some instances people have tried to make it a religion when it's generally more secular, overall, as a whole) is Buddhism.

Personally, I'm not very religious at all, and experienced serious indoctrination from the time I was born up until Catechism in high school. Forced Sunday schools still did not convince me, nor did it help me to gain more respect for religion, and actually worked in reverse. I believe in a higher power, if you call it spirituality or something 'out there' we cannot fathom within our own 5 senses, but intuitively, there is something much greater than what humans can pin point as the meaning of our existence. It doesn't require a religion to be felt, and it's not like a supreme being out there, but more of a collective unconsciousness that unifies us all, as we're just tiny droplets in a vast expansive ocean of mystery.