• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there a certain type that is attracted to religion and serving religious causes?

What types favor religion? Are there some that get really religious?

• Total voters

josephineestrela

I think that it is impossible to single out a certain type of people who follow a religion. It can be completely different people, this is the main point. For example, I live in Iraq, and I got the education faculty najaf university. We had a strong emphasis on religion and taught the position of Islam and Christians in general. What I want to say is that religion definitely has a place to be, and it helps a lot of people. But religion is not for everyone. I think that it depends on the type of thinking of a person and on his upbringing. There is faith, and there is atheism. If one of these positions were exactly correct, and it could be proved, while the other wasn't, then it would be logical to assume that one of these positions would have long ago gone into oblivion. And if both positions live to this day, they both have a place to be and the type of people in them is completely different.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Are there certain types that favor religion more than others (MBTI, Enneagram, Instinctual Subtype)? I think age is a factor as well. How does that factor in?
I don’t have the statistics. I know from Professor Keirsey that generally speaking the SJ are very rule oriented. They are civic minded, go to church and obey authority.

JunClip

MBTI Type
intr
Enneagram
non
Religion gives you the power to go straight away through your life’s road, so I think that religion empowers your soul and improves your real potential. For example, I observed one of my aunts who is very kind to everyone. It doesn’t matter what the situation is or the gravity of this situation; she is always powerful. She always gives us all the reasons to be happy. I had a discussion with her. She told me about the importance of her religion and, in general, about a group of people who help her a lot https://firstchurchlove.com/.

Last edited:

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I think N types, perhaps. S types prefer concrete, factual. Belief in something unproven is more abstract in nature.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Religion vs. Science by Neil deGrasse Tyson

90% Religious
60% Masters Degree and above with education
40% Scientists
7% Elite scientists National Academy
1% < philosophers

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Religion vs. Science by Neil deGrasse Tyson

90% Religious
60% Masters Degree and above with education
40% Scientists
7% Elite scientists National Academy
1% < philosophers
So basically the % of the population that knows how to think for themselves. :ROFLMAO:
Joking.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My post showed it’s not as much as Myers type as it is education and critical thinking. I’ve advocated for cognitive mindfulness, empathy and active listening skills be introduced earlier in education.

I like Buddha’s saying that one to question everything, to not accept anything even from him unless it meets our own judicious discernment.

Secondly that only we can walk the path.

Third that only we can save ourselves. The Western religions are looking for a savior outside of themselves.

I’ve watched documentaries. The scientists say the human species is wired to have supernatural thinking. Our brains filter in and out information on a daily basis.

There is a plus side in evolutionary terms. There is a downside in the form of blind spots. When human beings don’t have answers for the inexplicable, cognitive dissonance occurs to offset anxiety and fear.

I like Joseph Campbell quote that half the world take scripture only as being metaphorical. While the other half take scripture to be literal truth.

Education and critical thinking is the key. That’s why America would have been better served to help educate the people of Afghanistan. This, instead of going to war with a price tag of over a trillion dollars.

Secondly America would have better served that instead of going to war, to put money into education in our own country.

A more enlightened society would encourage people to have a masters degree.

Those people who have higher degrees in these areas do not take seriously that when a man dies he goes to paradise and have virgins feeding them grapes.

Last edited:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think N types, perhaps. S types prefer concrete, factual. Belief in something unproven is more abstract in nature.
I think religion is more S.

There are probably more Ns into spiritual topics eg new age.

INFJ probably shows up in organised religion as well. Jesus was probably an INFJ.

Edit: but note that Jesus was against the religious authorities of the day. Ni is often against the prevailing culture which is more Si.

DeanDelfin

MBTI Type
intr
Enneagram
Per
I don't think there is an official statistic about that. And there shouldn't be because it does not matter where you come from, your occupation, or any other matter. The only thing that matters is that you believe. Getting that direct personal experience of God through baptism with the Holy Spirit at a pentecostal church is what makes me understand that I'm serving religious causes. And I know that I'm not alone. We are a global force with the distinction of being the fastest-growing major religious movement with eight of the world's largest congregations. I feel this unity every single time I need a connection with God. It is alive, available, and experienced.

Last edited: