• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

your beliefs don't matter when it comes to the truth

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I believe this statement. Like you can believe what you want, but at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is the truth. and I don't buy your reality is what's true. That's bullshit. Science has advanced too far for that to have validity. I could say I believe the sky is chartruse, it doesn't make it true. it fact it makes it false therefore you are wrong.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
1aquote-tyson-science.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think my beliefs are important and everyone should respect them and tell me I'm awesome for having them, or else they're immoral poseurs. But yours are lame, Chad. I care about you, so I want you to have less lame beliefs, Chad. Like you could try accounting for individual choice and freedom, for a start, and letting people be themselves. God, Chad, you're so judgmental, like all the losers with your lame stupid beliefs. I know my beliefs are true because I feel that they are, and that's all that I need. If you my make me doubt myself, you hate goodness and beauty and are an intolerant, narrow-minded prick.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I think my beliefs are important and everyone should respect them and tell me I'm awesome for having them, or else they're immoral poseurs. But yours are lame, Chad. I care about you, so I want you to have less lame beliefs, Chad. Like you could try accounting for individual choice and freedom, for a start, and letting people be themselves. God, Chad, you're so judgmental, like all the losers with your lame stupid beliefs.

Aware @ Chad.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Chad needs to learn how to start respecting other people and stop acting like a subhuman. He's got to work out his anger issues. Look at me, I never get angry or dislike anyone. I've evolved beyond it.

Chad needs to stop being selfish and start thinking about something that's more in line with my values and vision for the world.

Chad should also realize that being passive-aggressive is more moral than more overt verbal hostility. But, I don't engage in passive-aggression ever, so it's a moot point.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Only being right only rarely transfers to everything else you need out of life. Other things need to go along with it, like being persuasive, diplomatic, manipulative. You know, those things that use the truth.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't believe in being manipulative. If I want someone to do something, I just try and convince them that it's really in their best interests, even if it isn't, and try to make it seem like I have no stake in the matter. In fact, if they ask me if I have a stake in the outcome, I'll deny it and tell them it's really their choice and is up to them.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't believe in being manipulative. If I want someone to do something, I just try and convince them that it's really in their best interests, even if it isn't, and try to make it seem like I have no stake in the matter.

You have not passed the Vulcan measure of Truth.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't go with the Vulcan because Vulcans aren't known for sarcasm.

G

garbage

Yup. I often face the question of whether to simply listen to 'untruth' or to jump in and 'correct' it. I figure--to each his own; who am I to try to convince others, and, moreover, can I even assume that they'd listen?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This brings to mind that macabre shit in the news lately about a brain-dead girl's parents feeding her corpse & keeping it on a ventilator.
Their belief that a diety will miraculously reanimate their kid isn't going to slow the natural process of decomposition- it's already occurring.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
btw my op is in lieu of who came up with the concept of time. I know we don't know, but I want to know the truth and I hope one day it's figured out. And I don't mean religious beliefs, I mean stuff that can be quantified.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:shrug: The truth is often overrated and a matter of perception in the end. The only reason we perceive the sky being blue is coz we agreed to call the human perception of that sky blue (I doubt that birds with their UV vision would agree if they could talk, and I doubt dogs would believe us since they just perceive black and white). In truth it is made up of all colours; what we agreed to call blue just happens to be the ones that shines through due to the way the light hits our atmosphere.

To me personally, there are more important things in the world than arguing the colour of the sky and fighting over whose perception is more accurate.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I don't expect theology to tell me much about electron energy states.

I don't expect hard science to tell me much about spiritual issues.

W

WALMART

:shrug: The truth is often overrated and a matter of perception in the end. The only reason we perceive the sky being blue is coz we agreed to call the human perception of that sky blue (I doubt that birds with their UV vision would agree if they could talk, and I doubt dogs would believe us since they just perceive black and white). In truth it is made up of all colours; what we agreed to call blue just happens to be the ones that shines through due to the way the light hits our atmosphere.

To me personally, there are more important things in the world than arguing the colour of the sky and fighting over whose perception is more accurate.

There is a physical phenomenon irrespective of perception that generates a sensory experience of "blue" across a wide spectrum of peoples. Yes, that we call it "blue" is subject to experience, but this does not undermine the physical phenomenon itself.

There is nothing more important to ensuring the freedom and happiness of all peoples than challenging held beliefs.

krypton1te

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The hues you see in the sky can be distinct from the hues another person sees. Truth is not perception (nor is it the senses), it can't be. If it is, you will always be deceived and in conflict because the data will always vary.

Truth is consistent. In the end, truth is located within itself and can only be found in itself.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is a physical phenomenon irrespective of perception that generates a sensory experience of "blue" across a wide spectrum of peoples. Yes, that we call it "blue" is subject to experience, but this does not undermine the physical phenomenon itself.

There is nothing more important to ensuring the freedom and happiness of all peoples than challenging held beliefs.

The same is true for perceptions. They get often heralded as 'The Truth' just as often as someone's beliefs.

:offtobed: Time to stop annoying off T-users, I suppose.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I still wonder if we all see the same blue, if we have our own individual blues