• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in time?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you do, do you believe the present your conscious state is in is subjective? As in, does your present awareness you hold differ on a timeline to other people?

If you don't do you believe in dimensional planes beyond our own 3D?

Alea_iacta_est

I believe in decay, which is essentially what time is. Everything has a half-life, everything is slowly decomposing into smaller and smaller bits. I think time/decay is actually the fourth dimension in the fourth dimension along with width, height, and length and the reason we experience time/decay is because it is in the higher dimensional level than us and trickles downwards but we experience it as the situational motion of an object rather than an actual dimension of an object in the third dimension and that it also trickles down into the second dimension and first dimension due to a bleeding effect created by much higher level mathematics than I have at the present.

An interesting thought: Prove that you aren't the only person truly here in the present and that everyone is in the present together with you from a subjective standpoint (you only truly experience your own point of view).

Also: interesting video that covers the first ten dimensions.

The first four dimensions are good explanations but past that is philosophical and spiritual explanations.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i believe it's subjective.

Alea_iacta_est

Time is actually objective, our sense of time is subjective.

Time is only objective in the 4th dimension, where it is an actual dimension (of an object). We merely perceive it as situational motion in the third dimension because it is in a higher dimensional plane than we are, we don't even exist in the same dimension that time/decay actually exists in; therefore, we can only perceive time through the bleeding effect and it could be interpreted in several different ways as it already has been with many theories about the universe across the ages, meaning that there is no obvious, provable truth and is thus actually subjective until somebody can accurately understand the 4th dimension in all of its entirety, which is physiologically impossible because we can only think in 3 dimensions and are forced to represent the 4th dimension in 3 dimensional illusions and impossibilities like a Tesseract.

Speaking of Tesseract: this gif is mesmerizing.
Glass_tesseract_animation.gif

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
time is a mental construct, that is always attached to location.

So I think 'mental space' is a better way of describing where you are in the spectrum of things*. Or what do you think (the) time (construct) offers that 'space' cannot adequately account for?

Be aware I might express harsh feelings of disapproval toward ideas I think are harmful to a full and proper spiritual understanding of how to operate so we can be fruitful and our fruit will remain; so if you are cool with this, let us discuss whatever might follow...

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Time is only objective in the 4th dimension, where it is an actual dimension (of an object). We merely perceive it as situational motion in the third dimension because it is in a higher dimensional plane than we are, we don't even exist in the same dimension that time/decay actually exists in; therefore, we can only perceive time through the bleeding effect and it could be interpreted in several different ways as it already has been with many theories about the universe across the ages, meaning that there is no obvious, provable truth and is thus actually subjective until somebody can accurately understand the 4th dimension in all of its entirety, which is physiologically impossible because we can only think in 3 dimensions and are forced to represent the 4th dimension in 3 dimensional illusions and impossibilities like a Tesseract.

Speaking of Tesseract: this gif is mesmerizing.
View attachment 11013

Ok so, objective in the sense of temporality, subjective in terms of nearness or proximity. : P

W

WhoCares

I think its a part of popular culture that has endured throughout ages. Something people rigidly adhere to just because other people have adhered to it and agreed amoung themselves it exists. The fear of being ostracised is so huge that people will uphold any concept just to be accepted.

Me? Bahhumbug! Tme doesn't exist except where we insist it does. Clocks ticking in synchronised harmony is just machinery it doesn't measure anything.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no, but I believed in Oakysage

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think it's more complicated than yes or no. On the one hand it was us humans who coined terms for time, and the hours and days and years are a construct. like new years really isn't that important as it's a man made thing. on the other hand we do move forward, we do age, progress is made so in that sense it does exists.there's no point in history where nothing moved forward. But i was wondering if time was coined to describe the progression of things, and the other constructs followed.

blurry

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
On the one hand it was us humans who coined terms for time

Interesting point to bring up - it's thought that animals don't perceive time as such. Since they are purely instinctive beings (we think) they are in a state of constant present moment awareness. So if an eagle could talk, you could say 'Do you know such a thing as a past and a future?' and they wouldn't know what you were talking about - they live only now. As least that's a certain theory..

It's also what the Buddhists say too: 'There is only Now'...

As for what I think: time is a mental construct, it doesn't actually exist, because we only know the present moment in our actual experience - the past and the future are fictional projections of the mind.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Interesting point to bring up - it's thought that animals don't perceive time as such. Since they are purely instinctive beings (we think) they are in a state of constant present moment awareness. So if an eagle could talk, you could say 'Do you know such a thing as a past and a future?' and they wouldn't know what you were talking about - they live only now. As least that's a certain theory..

It's also what the Buddhists say too: 'There is only Now'...

As for what I think: time is a mental construct, it doesn't actually exist, because we only know the present moment in our actual experience - the past and the future are fictional projections of the mind.

I think animals do perceive time, think about examples of dogs waiting for their owns to come home or cats knowing what day they get wet food and refusing dry food on those days.

blurry

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I think animals do perceive time, think about examples of dogs waiting for their owns to come home or cats knowing what day they get wet food and refusing dry food on those days.

Yeah I thought about that too. I have a dog who has a phobia of loud noises, so I thought she must remember some experience that scared her in the past to still have the phobia. But the way I see it is that she doesn't actually remember the event in the past, she just has a sensory experience without referring to a past or a mental image of the past...it's more like a body sensation than a thought, while their awareness is always in the present.

As for dogs waiting for their owners and cats choosing wet food, maybe it's also instinctive, the learned behaviour is simply something they do without thinking about it or remembering the past. It's in their bodies, not their 'minds'. Although I'm no expert...

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you do, do you believe the present your conscious state is in is subjective? As in, does your present awareness you hold differ on a timeline to other people?

I tried to reply with all my powers, but the question itself is so absurd that it cant be answered in any proper way without explaining many books and changing the question a bit.

Ill just say that things that are located in different places in space are in different time and your brains and thus awareness/consciousness are constructed from many things that are in different places in space.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Difficult.

1st question.

I guess I believe in time. I just don't find it relevant like most people do. I hate the way we measure it and I hate how much ppl care about it.

I also think that things are timeless as well. So my answer is yes and no.

There is void and there are the things that fill it...

It's like two sides of the same coin imo.

2nd ques: is it subjective?: Technically everything that we perceive is subjective in a way. Time is not subjective...our perception of it is VERY subjective though.

I know that time for me.....goes at a very different rate than it does for other people.

I have no sense of time, really.

I will be reflecting and it seems like there's so much time that went by...when it was only 5 mins.

And then I will be getting stuff done and it will feel like 5 mins just past, when it was really an hour.

Where another person feels like the time was going by so slow.

One thing I do that slows down time for me is deep breathing. If I really breathe in the moments....I can slow down my perception of time.

3rd ques: Yea I believe there's more than just the 3 dimensions that our brains perceive.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I brought up my question in my house last night. and they said it has to do with your beliefs, and one was like it's in the bible. and i'm like ugh! it has nothing to do with my beliefs, it has to do with the truth. not to mention the bible was man written so we don't know if it's true or not.