• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Surviving due to your own stupidity

entpersonal

How would you react to this? Would you think you were supposed to be dead, especially because you would be dead had it not been for that stupid error? Or would you think there was some intervention from God, that God intended this to happen, wanting you to go on with your life? Or would you suspect some intuition manifesting itself unconsciously so that something would get in the way of you getting on that flight?

I would just chalk it up to being hungover and a mechanical malfunction or whatever on the plane.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was 18 years old and was driving home at 2am. I was used to going to bed around 9pm during this era. Needless to say I was super sleepy. I rolled up the windows, turned on the heater and didn't turn on the radio. I also didn't have my seatbelt on. I fell asleep. When I awoke I noticed that I was about to miss my freeway exit and made the snap decision to simply slow down and drive down a slight embankment from the freeway to the offramp. That was last thing I remember. I rolled my truck 1.5 times to the right. I was thrown from the vehicle because I didn't have my seatbelt on.

The left side of the cab took the brunt of that first impact from rolling. When all was said and done the cab was crushed down to the dash board on the left side, bending the steering column a few inches from the force. If I had been wearing my seatbelt I'd be dead. I had landed in some heavy bushes and apart from some cuts/bruises suffered no long lasting or serious injury.

I wear my seatbelt now by default. I don't even consciously have to remember to do so.

This was stupid on many levels, laff. I shouldn't have been driving, but since I did I should have rolled down the window and turned on the fan. Cold air would help to keep me awake. Shivering kinda does that, initially. I also should have turned on the radio, loudly. WTH was I thinking when I decided to "off-road" the downward embankment. No seat belt? Odds say that it's more likely to help vs. hurt my chances at survival.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I will never say stupidity is always the cause of someone's downfall, i will say showing your intelligect too much can get you kill.