• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Love?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Love is for the weak. Only those filled with hate will rise above their stations and conquer the game with new and improved expansions in solution to the old problems!

Mole

Permabanned
Love is for the weak. Only those filled with hate will rise above their stations and conquer the game with new and improved expansions in solution to the old problems!

Love is for those strong enough to love someone other than oneself.

Love is for those strong enough to love their children more than themselves.

The weak console themselves with hatred.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Love is for those strong enough to love someone other than oneself.

Love is for those strong enough to love their children more than themselves.

The weak console themselves with hatred.
This is true.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Amor conquista todo.

Love is the only logical choice for future development of the human race; it is the ultimate realization of a win-win attitude and the ultimate expression of synergy. Without love, each person becomes absorbed in himself/herself and consumed by their own personal fears, because love is the only force capable of conquering fears.

Love is a choice.

Love is a sacrifice.

Love is the power of eternity, exercised in a moment.

Love is the embodiment of courage and the only true strength that exists. Love, perfect love, casts out fear, overthrows it.

Every person I have ever loved, at some point, I made a choice to do so. I made a commitment in making that choice.

Without love there is no greatness. The only greatness in humanity is love.

Love IS NOT:

....an emotion, a feeling, infatuation, lust; these are small in comparison to love.

Alea_iacta_est

Would it piss you guys off if I told you I wrote this thread only to work in the joke?
The initial post was just something simple I devised yet philosophical and intellectually stimulating, and I do yield to your arguments that love is a much greater presence than the lust evidenced in my first post.

Mole

Permabanned
Giving up control is a survival strategy?

It takes about 22 years for our physical brain to fully develop.

During those 22 years we are learning control.

And at the end of those 22 years we are proud of our control, and our parents are proud of our control.

However if we continue to be proud of our control for the next 50 years, we will never grow up.

So once we have achieved control, we can take it for granted, and start to grow up.

And growing up involves learning to love another and to love our children.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
"This is about me loving you... for real. And not in a 'just to make me cum' kinda way. In a real way."
— Kenny Powers

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Gave OP a cursory once over and detected something that demanded a closer read to get to the heart of...
2. ...and some uncharacteristic captalization. Tipped off to a possible code (ooo...).
3. Read the capitals.

I hold exchanging love as a life goal because I've come to the conclusion that being able to do it (do, as in it's a verb) authentically synthesizes most if not all of the more specific personal areas in which someone can grow to health. As in, elements of literally every other thing we do or value, big or little, will be called upon again when it's time to love. It's a sum.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my ESFJ and me.

2012-06-13-catsdogsfight3-thumb.jpg

I guess I suffocate her. :happy2:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The answer to that question is the same as answering the question "Who are you."

You reach a point where words and the human mind cannot explain anymore.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
I think it's a mistake to think love is directed at another human being. I'm working out my thoughts on this later...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it's a mistake to think love is directed at another human being. I'm working out my thoughts on this later...

Interesting, this isn't the regular view. Maybe love is more a way of seeing things, but I'm not sure what your envisioned implications are; that's a starting point. Maybe in Nietzsche's worldview (which you have the better knowledge of), love is a self-belief in our full human promise.

Mole

Permabanned
We are the only inter-subjective species. So love, hate and indifference is what we do.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Thank homo erectus, or some early homo genus species. On the savannah 1 million years ago, it helped us propogate. :)