• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's all God's fault - God did it!

Is it all God's fault - did God do it?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was talking to [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] when I made the above statement in the "What matters more - Type or Gender?" thread, and my conclusion was that with problems like these for women, "It's all God's fault; he dictated your incarnation onto the weaker of the 2 human spectral ends."

So fellas, I'm wondering, is God really to blame for all of our problems, and if so, why would it be that "God did it!"?

Last edited by a moderator:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, if you want my opinion, you can't really answer anything about reality without looking at it from the perspective of an atheist (or pantheist). If you take God out of the equation, you are left with Nature creating us this way, and nature does things for way more discernible reasons than any notion of "God". Like the process of adapting to one's environment through evolution. The reason females are "weaker" has to do with nature and has good reasons behind it. As such it's not a bad thing, only something to be worked with- like the Force. ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, if you want my opinion, you can't really answer anything about reality without looking at it from the perspective of an atheist (or pantheist). If you take God out of the equation, you are left with Nature creating us this way, and nature does things for way more discernible reasons than any notion of "God". Like the process of adapting to one's environment through evolution. The reason females are "weaker" has to do with nature and has good reasons behind it. As such it's not a bad thing, only something to be worked with- like the Force. ;)

Hmm, this is an interesting argument, maybe a lot like the below video titled "Symphony of Science - 'The Unbroken Thread' (ft. Attenborough, Goodall, Sagan)":

I guess it helps to begin our search without our original biases distorting our perceptions, like with religious dogma and such. I know philosophers like Spinoza say how everything results out of the necessity of the "divine nature", that it all happens for rationally explainable causes. And to better deal with these changes and to realize many potentials, life rises up and evolves with it all. Some forms then would be better suited for certain roles, like a female as a caregiver, or a male as the one who labors. But some things in the world system, like the "law of the jungle" or "The Force" that makes all of this torturous stuff happen may indeed be the result of a "corrupted program". Who corrupted the program and/or what made it that way in the first place? I say it's God!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nature cannot create a corrupted program, because the purpose of it is to be- and since obviously it has succeeded in this, the process can't be flawed. The purpose and order of life is to exist, and it does so in balance and in existing within ecosystems (which exist in balance). There are ways all of this couldn't "be", and discovering how it is that it is, is to discover the laws of nature. In my opinion God is an unnecessary supposition because nature contains all explanation.

I

Infinite Bubble

Oh goody, a god thread!

Well, it's all expectation isn't it? You want to eat your cake but there's a dead fly on it.