• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confidence?

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me- submitting my ego to a higher power has given me confidence. I don't fear people- I only fear God. So I am not intimidated by people and sometimes certain people don't like that. They are used to people feeling intimidated by them and that incessant need for them to get that rise out of me only drives me to call them out. That's why cocky people and I don't always get along.

Confidence also comes from aging in a healthy way. Growing into your own. Having life experiences behind you- life, death, happiness, tragedies. Your first experiences of certain things in life are life altering. After they happen again and again they are life affirming. When you find your are giving others advice more than you are seeking it- you have reached a level of maturity and confidence. And I believe- you should continue to try to grow until you die. And always pay forward what you have learned in life to those less mature / confident than you.

I cherish the elders in my life, here and past, that shared their nuggets of wisdom with me. They are worth gold.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For me- submitting my ego to a higher power has given me confidence. I don't fear people- I only fear God. So I am not intimidated by people and sometimes certain people don't like that. They are used to people feeling intimidated by them and that incessant need for them to get that rise out of me only drives me to call them out. That's why cocky people and I don't always get along.

There is a history of women using divine inspiration as shield and impetus for their endeavors in Europe. Think of Joan of Arc. And I believe many female social critics in England would also defend their right to speak by depicting themselves as mouth pieces for God.

I don't think the confidence gained from the idea of god necessitates a belief in him. At least, not in all cases or all implementations. It is possible to gain confidence by the mere perspective the conception of such a divine being would naturally put one's life under. Imagine an instance when a friend tells you of a great tragedy in their life after you had stated frustration with a minor annoyance. Suddenly, the more minor misfortune becomes nothing. This is the sort of perspective thoughts of God and Death can provide us.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is a history of women using divine inspiration as shield and impetus for their endeavors in Europe. Think of Joan of Arc. And I believe many female social critics in England would also defend their right to speak by depicting themselves as mouth pieces for God.

I don't think the confidence gained from the idea of god necessitates a belief in him. At least, not in all cases or all implementations. It is possible to gain confidence by the mere perspective the conception of such a divine being would naturally put one's life under. Imagine an instance when a friend tells you of a great tragedy in their life after you had stated frustration with a minor annoyance. Suddenly, the more minor misfortune becomes nothing. This is the sort of perspective thoughts of God and Death can provide us.

Interesting thoughts. I did not seek God to become confident. I found God- and as a result of submitting to His will, became confident.

Grant it- I am not confident I am a proper servant or that I am going to heaven. I am a work in progress. But as a human being interacting with other human beings is where I feel confident because I am grounded in my beliefs which involve a higher power- and frees me from the shackles of human mind or emotional control- for the most part.