• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anger, should it be outlawed?

Should anger be outlawed?

• Total voters

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Midterms are next year. We can elect new politicians to congress! I suggest we only vote for those that will support a national ban on anger. Anyone expressing anger is subject to public execution, as a way of preserving harmony and love. Who will support the ban on anger?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Woah! Too many negative vibes. In the spirit of love and peace, exterminate the unhappy ones!

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Clearly anger can simply never be of any practical use.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Instead of being angry, just say: Stop I feel attacked! That'll show 'em.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm voting for the pro-anger-rights candidate myself. Any expression of anger is covered by free speech, including the angry use of firearms and other munitions! Stop trying to trample my constitution right to free expression! You can take my right to angrily express myself away when you pull my gun out of my cold (but still angry) fingers!

What's the point of having possessions at all if you can't use them to lay waste to those who make your angry? Or of other folks having possessions if you can't angrily destroy them? Take away the freedom to go for the throat over something trivial and suffer no consequences, and you have taken away freedom itself!

I know there are those that argue that there's a difference between experiencing an emotion and how one expresses it... that an emotion like anger can fuel actions both positive and negative. To them I say: nonsense! Saying "Jane, I think you made a mistake in concluding..." or saying "Jane, it irritates me when you..." is exactly the same as saying (to paraphrase SNL) "Jane, you ignorant slut! I knew you were ignorant when you joined six months ago, but apparently your jobless conditions combined with your meds for depression have left you with fewer than two brain cells to rub together..."

So down with outlawing an expressions of anger, no matter how destructive. To do so is clearly to outlaw anger itself, and our very way of life!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just vote yes and be honest. And congratulations on connecting this to something political that you are clearly not angry about at all.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just vote yes and be honest. And congratulations on connecting this to something political that you are clearly not angry about at all.

Nah... we all have a large range of emotional responses... emotions themselves aren't bad. Being upset with someone isn't bad. Disagreeing with someone isn't bad. How one goes expressing those doesn't have to be, either.

(And yes, there being underlying anger in there was part of the fun. Although personally I enjoy shooting nonliving things, myself, even if I haven't done it since I left Texas.)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My apologies. I am in agreement with you, then.

We don't have "good emotions" and "bad emotions". They all have a purpose. Otherwise, they would have been evolved out of us.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope.

I do think that, like any emotion, it should be used correctly, instead of as a justification for being an asshole. Righteous anger is a thing of beauty and a source of inspiration though :heart:

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Anger usually just makes people feel bad, while most often being completely unjustified. Well... I don't think it should be banned.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
yes.

the punishment should be like the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode where Bart turns people who don't think happy thoughts into monsters....

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Voted Jar Jar. And I think all trees should grow million dollar bills.