• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Funny or creepy?

Do you find the video funny or creepy?

• Creepy, absolutely. Nothing funny about it.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I thought it was funny and creepy.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I thought it was funny. No harm done.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I thought it was funny at first.. but now I think it's creepy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dgy3npdlKE&feature=share

I don't want a big crisis on whether it's sexism, male entitlement, just jokes with people that have no humor, etc. There are plenty of threads with that already.

I just want to know if YOU, personally, feel any bit of this video is funny in any way. If you do, please explain why, but if anyone replies to the explanation and degrades this into an "Omg you're an awful person for laughing at this" moment, I'll just have the thread deleted.

If you found it creepy, you can post why and explain, or concur with people, or ask questions, etc. But don't attack the views others have, because I actually want responses plz.

(Back story: A friend posted this on facebook, and while he thought it was amusing TWICE... I thought it was absolutely creepy. Like, it startled me watching it.. and then the way she looked after made me cringe. And I thought.. If one of my friends had done this to me, I would have laughed it off.. but a stranger? I would have punched the guy. I couldn't understand the humor in it at all. No one was laughing..)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:rofl1:

Okay, I'm hunched over laughing in my seat. It's just the unexpectedness of it that's funny, as well as the easy recognition of Jack Sparrow as being a sort of crude, hypersexualized, mischievous but well-intentioned and ultimately good-hearted character. The incongruity of him in a reporting stint on Breaking Bad fans is amusing. Obviously he got uncomfortably close, but that's part of the typical behavior of the character, and no further harm was threatened. It's just someone in a costume being silly. And yelling "parley" when he gets pulled away is funny too because of the usage in the movies. It's also sort of amusing that she just goes right back into the reporting persona. Like... clearly the 4th wall has been broken. There's not really any purpose in finishing up the script at that point. It's also sort of funny that she's reporting on something pretty trivial and is pretty uptight about the whole situation.

It's fake, anyway.

Brooks is actually actor Kristin Sargent and the video was made by Jess Weber of Weberz Way.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I laughed for sure. Harder the second time.

I totally think if it happened to me I'd feel instantly creeped out, but looking back I'm sure I'd find it hilarious.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The guy was playing the character without malicious intent, but the timing was bad and an approach from behind was a terrible idea.

Neither funny nor creepy, I just found it awkward. I suppose one can get a schadenfreude feeling out of watching the inoportune guy getting kicked out of the scene. A mild poetic justice, if you will.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I should mention I failed on the poll and meant to have 6 results for "neither" and "creepy, then funny"..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i didn't think it was either really. :/

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hilarious, actually.

And Hollywood Blvd is full of costumed characters like that, so given the context, it makes sense. This guy probably really likes to stay in character.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First of all, he was definitely inappropriate and unfunny. However, her reaction where she looks around (about 0:22) made me giggle, and when she composed herself for the normal sign-off I lol'ed.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First of all, he was definitely inappropriate and unfunny. However, her reaction where she looks around (about 0:22) made me giggle, and when she composed herself for the normal sign-off I lol'ed.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It was innapropriate of him to do that, but her reaction was in itself kinda funny.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually cringed when he touched her. I don't know if creepy is the right word exactly but inappropriate and uncomfortable, definitely. I'm not sure how it's funny at all. Admittedly I've never found "trolling" style humour to be funny at all so that's probably why I don't get it.

If it's fake that makes me feel better, although I don't really understand the point of faking it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To me it's funny because it's an example of someone being really in character. It's kind of like Daniel Day Lewis method acting stuff.

I suppose it is a little dickish (and I wouldn't have the balls to do it under any circumstances), but TV news anchors, male and female, kind of irritate me, so I don't really mind. I'm just bothered by the idea that we have a profession where people who are paid to look good in order to give people "information" without actually knowing about anything they are talking about. So I don't mind that she was a little uncomfortable for one moment and her composure was ruined. I mean, maybe she's a swell person, but the existence of the profession annoys me. I kind of liked seeing it disrupted like that.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First thoughts: The fact that she didn't like it makes it a negative thing. And pretty much kills the humor. If she had been okay with it and rolled with it, (for whatever reason), might have been more positive.