• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Jesus Really Looked Like

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
kEwjbUA.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What the fuck? Why don't I get to see any nipples in that picture. Seriously, if that wrap was moved over a few inches....

It reminds me of a crazy theory I read once about how Jesus and Buddha were the same person.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
jesus was a bodhisattva. makes sense he'd reincarnate as that kid. ya know, to warn other nerdy kids what NOT to film yourself doing.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He looked like an Arab man. He was from Galillee in Bethlehem. I'm thinking people from that region/time did not look all chiseled and white like the way Jesus is portrayed.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
half arabic half italian. I remember my friend telling me about a theory that Mary may have been raped by a Roman soldier.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He looked like an Arab man. He was from Galillee in Bethlehem. I'm thinking people from that region/time did not look all chiseled and white like the way Jesus is portrayed.
(and with a beard) Right, common sense should tell us that. Then again, if you hold the view that he was divine, there's really no telling what he may have looked like.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know what the first and third pictures are of. Just people communicating and being in touch with each other? Jesus is love pictoralized?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what the first and third pictures are of. Just people communicating and being in touch with each other? Jesus is love pictoralized?

Comforting and like chillin drinking a beer having some qt was what I was going for.
Yes, I'm basically saying those like simple everyday acts of love are what Jesus' behavior looked like. Sorry for going meta with it lol.

Lark

Comforting and like chillin drinking a beer having some qt was what I was going for.
Yes, I'm basically saying those like simple everyday acts of love are what Jesus' behavior looked like. Sorry for going meta with it lol.

These images you hold in mind are like those of the people who met Jesus when he was resurrected, they said they didnt recognise him but only decided afterwards it was even him.

On one occasion it was while they were all gathered together and ate some grilled fish on a shoreline, on other occasions the encounters were longer and still they didnt recognise him.

I sort of think that these accounts are meant to mirror the teaching that we are all made in God's image, that no one can say they love God and hate their neighbour since they have not seen God and have seen their neighbour or even much earlier ones about visitations by angels or prophets who were not recognised for who they were.

Its because of this that thinkers like Erich Fromm have been able to conclude that underlying the judeo-christian tradition and the supernatural elements is a profound humanism.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These images you hold in mind are like those of the people who met Jesus when he was resurrected, they said they didnt recognise him but only decided afterwards it was even him.

On one occasion it was while they were all gathered together and ate some grilled fish on a shoreline, on other occasions the encounters were longer and still they didnt recognise him.

I sort of think that these accounts are meant to mirror the teaching that we are all made in God's image, that no one can say they love God and hate their neighbour since they have not seen God and have seen their neighbour or even much earlier ones about visitations by angels or prophets who were not recognised for who they were.

Its because of this that thinkers like Erich Fromm have been able to conclude that underlying the judeo-christian tradition and the supernatural elements is a profound humanism.

So good to read, Lark. This is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for expressing my sentiments better than I could.

R

Riva

First they liked Jesus so much they followed him around and wanted to kiss him.

But then he got so annoying they wanted to crucify him.

So he probably looked like him.

S

Society

First they liked Jesus so much they followed him around and wanted to kiss him.

But then he got so annoying they wanted to crucify him.

So he probably looked like him.

:laugh:

well, right ethnicity & hair... and i do probably have at least a handful of people who fantasized about me tied to an execution device...

Mole

Permabanned
In the first century someone like Jesus would be five foot two inches tall, with five diseases and rotten teeth. And like Jesus they would not say a word against institutional slavery although they were surrounded by it.

So from the perspective of the 21st century Jesus would be personally unprepossessing and so profoundly morally corrupt as to support institutional slavery.