• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Force of Power and Love

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"I am Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith. Those who use the dark side are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the Sith. The dark side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation. The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish."

"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled... but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love... that's what they should teach you to beware. But love itself will save you... not condemn you."
―Jolee Bindo, to Revan, when discussing love

Stronger than The Force, the power of love is!

Montalk - 3. Spirit over Matter

So fellas, what are your thoughts about the virtues on the forces of power and love?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think its very possible to love the wrong thing.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Our English word "power" comes the French "pouvoir" meaning "to be able". I would define power not as a form of domination over others(at least not necessarily, I guess it can be), but simply as being enabled. But, in the material world to be enabled basically means having money(unless you know the force!:laugh:) ,money which can be obtained ethically or unethically, not that everyone agress on what the ethical means of gaining money are, anyways...

So I would say no. Most of our fears, neurosis, and suffering comes from a lack of power, when you think about it. Its not wrong to love power, if you use the definition I give. I sense this is what Darth Revan means when he speaks of power too.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our English word "power" comes the French "pouvoir" meaning "to be able". I would define power not as a form of domination over others(at least not necessarily, I guess it can be), but simply as being enabled. But, in the material world to be enabled basically means having money(unless you know the force!:laugh:) ,money which can be obtained ethically or unethically, not that everyone agress on what the ethical means of gaining money are, anyways...

So I would say no. Most of our fears, neurosis, and suffering comes from a lack of power, when you think about it. Its not wrong to love power, if you use the definition I give. I sense this is what Darth Revan means when he speaks of power too.

That's how I see it too. Power used correctly can actually be a wonderful virtue. It can make the world a new and improved place. That's a critical step in making us great it seems, having potential and unleashing it in the right direction.

93JC

You don't need money, don't take fame,
Don't need no credit card to ride this train.
It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes,
But it might just save your life.
That's the power of love.

:)laugh:)