• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you percieve me, yourself, and others?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you perceive me?
Also, how do you perceive yourself and others?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
That's a little broad. What are you looking for? Our opinions of one another?

F

FigerPuppet

Looking at your posting history, you seem to suffer from some sort of instability: Depression, or a mental illness - perhaps bipolar. Depression could explain your low sex drive.

Or maybe you're just a teenager.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] dear, I perceive you as a young man with an old soul. You desire much, you want to be involved, relevant and at ease. However what stands in your way seems to be your self-consciousness, the expectations of others put on you, distractions, having so many ideas and thoughts, being 18, being sensitive, being young, being in this world. I could see my 18, 19, 20 year-old self in you - outspoken, detached, eager, full of extreme thoughts and feelings, ambitious, scared, hopeful, hopeless, worried, daring. If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would tell myself to practice my patience, to seek help for my depression right at that point before it got too far, to pick another major in college and pick one that I would be passionate about, to learn how to detect potential damages from afar when a man came into my life.

I talk to kids sometimes. They're between 15 and 17 and my mother's students. They enjoy talking to me because I appear non-judgmental and patient with them. At that stage in life, they all search for that one mentor, one guide, one inspirer who helps them find a damn clue of what to do, where to go, what's this life is about, what all of their emotions are supposed to mean, where they stand in this life. I know because I've been there, and around that age, I was not only alone but also going through only daily traumas. There is one thing I keep telling them, that is to just wait. Wait on being successful, at anything at all. Wait on having everything figured out. In the mean time, just don't stop taking all the chances and trying everything out, and once they do take the chance, give it all they've got because it's the only way. Look at adults, nobody really has it all really figured out.

I perceive myself a very flawed person whose identity is confusing yet determined. Odd much? I see myself too different from most people I know. And trust me, it's not the Goddamn INFP 4w5 that defines me, it is me being this way and scientifically there's a name, a tag, a type. I am INFP 4w5 version me.0

Your secrets, what only you know, only you've seen and only you've been through separate you from the rest. Tell yourself that like a mantra, then consciously practice bridging that great space sometimes and try to connect with people who would bridge it in return and walk that bridge for you.

As for myself, deep down inside, I've always been on this side of the great divide looking over the other side.

In every era, there's a lost generation. I think it is now us.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] dear, I perceive you as a young man with an old soul. You desire much, you want to be involved, relevant and at ease. However what stands in your way seems to be your self-consciousness, the expectations of others put on you, distractions, having so many ideas and thoughts, being 18, being sensitive, being young, being in this world. I could see my 18, 19, 20 year-old self in you - outspoken, detached, eager, full of extreme thoughts and feelings, ambitious, scared, hopeful, hopeless, worried, daring. If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would tell myself to practice my patience, to seek help for my depression right at that point before it got too far, to pick another major in college and pick one that I would be passionate about, to learn how to detect potential damages from afar when a man came into my life.

I talk to kids sometimes. They're between 15 and 17 and my mother's students. They enjoy talking to me because I appear non-judgmental and patient with them. At that stage in life, they all search for that one mentor, one guide, one inspirer who helps them find a damn clue of what to do, where to go, what's this life is about, what all of their emotions are supposed to mean, where they stand in this life. I know because I've been there, and around that age, I was not only alone but also going through only daily traumas. There is one thing I keep telling them, that is to just wait. Wait on being successful, at anything at all. Wait on having everything figured out. In the mean time, just don't stop taking all the chances and trying everything out, and once they do take the chance, give it all they've got because it's the only way. Look at adults, nobody really has it all really figured out.

I perceive myself a very flawed person whose identity is confusing yet determined. Odd much? I see myself too different from most people I know. And trust me, it's not the Goddamn INFP 4w5 that defines me, it is me being this way and scientifically there's a name, a tag, a type. I am INFP 4w5 version me.0

Your secrets, what only you know, only you've seen and only you've been through separate you from the rest. Tell yourself that like a mantra, then consciously practice bridging that great space sometimes and try to connect with people who would bridge it in return and walk that bridge for you.

As for myself, deep down inside, I've always been on this side of the great divide looking over the other side.

In every era, there's a lost generation. I think it is now us.

I have no idea what my passion is…
I am a little interested in everything, and I get bored easy.
I have an ideal of being an ideal parent, though if I cannot get everything together ahead of time, I will not have children. It is very all or nothing.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you're young

when I was your age there were so many possibilities that it seemed almost impossible to choose... like if I took a step in one direction doors would be slamming shut in all of the others and I didn't want for that to happen because I had no clue who I was or what I could do or what I wanted to do and it just seemed kind of overwhelming in a way. the transition between being a child who is dependent on others to being an adult (or something of the sort) who is responsible for their own choices and held accountable is kind of horrible and screw ups occur... a lot of them. and if you take them personally you'll just start to feel like you have no real control and no value to society... you can't take them personally

how do I view myself?

I've done bad things and am trying to make up for some of that. I'm smart but tend to be bad at making decisions. I'm luckier than I should be.

how do I view others?

depends on the others :newwink:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How I perceive you:

You seem like a good guy, but you're young and your self-esteem is non-existent. I can only suggest you keep on keeping, work on yourself, and in time you'll find your footing

How I perceive myself:

Much better than I was last year, which is I think the best you can ask for in any situation. My confidence is MUCH better than it was last year, and my life is doing pretty darn good. I've got a good paying job, good friends, an amazing woman, and good health. My hope is this time next year I'll be better than I am now. My only weakness now is I'm adjusting to being in a long term committed relationship when before I had gotten used too (and quite comfortable) with being alone. Now I find myself wrestling with my desire for independence versus needing to invest my energies into a relationship. It's good, don't misunderstand...but it's different than what I'm used too.

How I perceive others:

Depends on the individual but I always like to try and assume people are at least somewhat descent folk who won't take your head off if you're nice to them. I haven't been proven wrong yet :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MQ, I see you as a person with a lot of experience ahead of himself, and a lot of changes that go with it. More than most. Hopefully (stasis is bad).

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Have you seen Diary of a Wimpy Kid? You remind me of Greg's best friend Rowley and I mean that as a compliment.

Me, I'm your standard issue ISTJ.

Others: Nuisances to be avoided and reservoirs of potentially deadly microbes.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you. [MENTION=20113]Tellenbach[/MENTION]
When I read your post, you remind me of the first doctor who--wise, quiet, reserved...very good qualities.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
You're welcome. I credit my deep understanding of our species to watching entire seasons of Little House on the Prairie, ST: TNG, Kung Fu (with David Carradine), and those moral lessons at the end of those He-man cartoons.

When you're stuck on a question, just ask yourself: What would Picard do?