• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is life?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah there you are, grand, that other post made me think of you.

Yes, I saw that. I think Bubble has similar interests, goes very much into detail like I do. His/her posts though on the whole seem very well outlined, whereas mine are a bit more random.

Lark

Of the people who said it was a journey etc. what is the destination? Is it a means to an end or an end in itself? How do you know these things or how have you reached those conclusions? Is there a concept of transcendence involved or linked to life? Either personal/spiritual or cultural, religious or entirely materialistic?

I mean is life a manner or matter of being a "link in a chain" between past and future? Does life progress or regress or follow any pattern (like the seasons or a linear progressive growth)? Do you think of it in an individual, collective/community or species, eco-systemic or cosmic sense?

(that's all before the question of necrophilious vs. biophilious thinking, psychology, typology or philosophy enters into it)

Lark

Yes, I saw that. I think Bubble has similar interests, goes very much into detail like I do. His/her posts though on the whole seem very well outlined, whereas mine are a bit more random.

The devil's in the detail I suppose ;)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You're not funny, you're just rude.

And maybe your depression will kill you.

Bill-Hader-Laughing.gif

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of the people who said it was a journey etc. what is the destination? Is it a means to an end or an end in itself? How do you know these things or how have you reached those conclusions? Is there a concept of transcendence involved or linked to life? Either personal/spiritual or cultural, religious or entirely materialistic?

I mean is life a manner or matter of being a "link in a chain" between past and future? Does life progress or regress or follow any pattern (like the seasons or a linear progressive growth)? Do you think of it in an individual, collective/community or species, eco-systemic or cosmic sense?

(that's all before the question of necrophilious vs. biophilious thinking, psychology, typology or philosophy enters into it)

You never get it all done. We all die with stuff in our inbox. It's not about the end. It's about the process.

You are eternal.

It is eternal.

There is no end.

Expansion never ends.

The light and the vessel never cease.

I have experienced this, therefore know this to be true for me, through meditation and raising my conciousness.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree very much with this quote - the journey is an exploration of being, especially of its nature, depth, variety, and possibilities. The vision, inspired by poetic imagination and established in logic, was as if that of a new world!

Yea, I think I have read some of your stuff... and remember thinking the same thing.

I think I had a different belief in God though than what you had written, so I didn't delve too much into it. I'll have to read some more to make sure it was you.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see life as an adventure and an opportunity to foster love. I don't really know where life came from or where it's going, though I enjoy speculating from time to time. I find joy and meaning in warmth and caring and helping others stoke their inner fires, so that's what I try to devote my time and energy to, even though I stray sometimes. I try to take care of the people who have helped me grow and prosper and who have formed loving bonds with me. I try to greet new discoveries with excitement and I cherish my memories of what I have loved that has passed away with time.

Maybe a surprisingly simplistic answer for a Ne dom, devoid of great swathes of cosmic thought. I enjoy thinking about the universe that way but the truth is that I do not know the truth.

I do think all life has many, many cyclical patterns within it, but I also think that is just the nature of everything. All is order and chaos. Though also... I think our perception of timespace is probably quite limited. I am hoping that with death comes a retention of consciousness and a broadening of perspective.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yea, I think I have read some of your stuff... and remember thinking the same thing.

I think I had a different belief in God though than what you had written, so I didn't delve too much into it. I'll have to read some more to make sure it was you.

I don't really "believe" anything about God - that's an infinite question. Still, it's good to see a widespread interest in the ideologies I have promoted.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really "believe" anything about God - that's an infinite question. Still, it's good to see a widespread interest in the ideologies I have promoted.

I couldn't remember which one of those in your signature I started to read. But I looked at it and it's under "The universe as best as Ene can currently understand them"

But what I shoulda said before was when I started to read Ene's description...I fully agreed with everything until I got to the part about The Beautiful One. That's where I kinda go in a different direction.

What do you mean "I don't really "believe" anything about God - that's an infinite question."??

I'd like to clarify as well...my definition of God is more along the lines of Source. In the sense that...it's like an ocean...everything comes from it and goes back into it kinda thing

Lark

You never get it all done. We all die with stuff in our inbox. It's not about the end. It's about the process.

You are eternal.

It is eternal.

There is no end.

Expansion never ends.

The light and the vessel never cease.

I have experienced this, therefore know this to be true for me, through meditation and raising my conciousness.

I once read about the amount of facebook users who are actually dead already, kind of mad to think that others are linking to and posting on their profiles and them already gone.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I couldn't remember which one of those in your signature I started to read. But I looked at it and it's under "The universe as best as Ene can currently understand them"

But what I shoulda said before was when I started to read Ene's description...I fully agreed with everything until I got to the part about The Beautiful One. That's where I kinda go in a different direction.

What do you mean "I don't really "believe" anything about God - that's an infinite question."??

I'd like to clarify as well...my definition of God is more along the lines of Source. In the sense that...it's like an ocean...everything comes from it and goes back into it kinda thing

I mean God is a very high-minded entity beyond our current scope and takes on many levels we aren't connected to.

God can be for instance a pool of infinite promise, can take shape with anything.
He can be a field of love that fills us all with his light.
Beings with great powers beyond our own can be Gods.
Existence as a whole is God in the sense that its supreme and birthed us.

Ultimately, God may very well be things along those lines, but surely there's much more to it.

As far as the Beautiful One goes, I subscribe to a theory that our world was corrupted by a parasite, destroyed the old program.

The good Gods just seem to guide us very indirectly, more like listening to vibrations and giving feelings, whereas the bad Gods cloud it all.

I titled my newest thread "A Journey to Know the Mind of God", the greatest one of them all.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean God is a very high-minded entity beyond our current scope and takes on many levels we aren't connected to.

God can be for instance a pool of infinite promise, can take shape with anything.
He can be a field of love that fills us all with his light.
Beings with great powers beyond our own can be Gods.
Existence as a whole is God in the sense that its supreme and birthed us.

Ultimately, God may very well be things along those lines, but surely there's much more to it.

As far as the Beautiful One goes, I subscribe to a theory that our world was corrupted by a parasite, destroyed the old program.

The good Gods just seem to guide us very indirectly, more like listening to vibrations and giving feelings, whereas the bad Gods cloud it all.

I titled my newest thread "A Journey to Know the Mind of God", the greatest one of them all.

Yea, I try not to look at the world in terms of good and bad cause it get confusing for me. What's good for one person is not for another...so I have steered away from that.

Nice to know peoples thoughts on this stuff though!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I once read about the amount of facebook users who are actually dead already, kind of mad to think that others are linking to and posting on their profiles and them already gone.

I dunno, my uncle passed away unexpectedly a few years ago and his FB is still up. I like that it is. I can go there and look at his photos and reminisce from time to time. People still post him well-wishes from time to time. If it's bothersome to anyone they can just defriend him.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyways I think "life" is an organic process. An organism is defined by its capacity to reproduce, to grow, and to die. It is something other than what I would call consciousness in the proper sense as that is someting which I see as seperate from "life". We reflect our emotions, instincts and desires in our cosnciousness though(coscniousness is the reflecting pool of the body).