• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's hopeless...:(

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagram 7:

I read 5,6,7, and 9...
I highlighted prominent features...

Starry

You kinda amaze me you do :)

Okay let me look over these as I wasn't really expecting all of this... (this is great though)....

Standuble

You should just give in to the meaninglessness of it all. Allow your dreams to be exposed as façades, your expectations as foolish and your emotions as mere biochemistry. Jump into the nihilistic void. The only thing to fear from it is that you will fall so far that you'll hit something harder than you cope with. But how is that different than staying on top of the cliff anfd blindly running towards your dream? Are you not at risk of running into that proverbial wall at top speed, causing considerable injury?

Allow yourself to be broken down to the bedrock, to a point where your all is exposed. From there rebuild yourself, rebuild the construct with a mortar which accepts that there is no meaning to any of this, that all will come apart one day and that in time base matter will forsake the legends it once helped to craft. Only with this as the central mechanism can you afford to dream again.

Or you can subscribe to some of the Ni models which suggest that patterns and symbols exist and thus so does a pattern and symbol maker who couldn't be content without weaving some purpose and meaning into the fabric of reality. Forget what reality suggests empirically and perceive the perceived lack of meaning as part of a mere construct.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You should just give in to the meaninglessness of it all. Allow your dreams to be exposed as façades, your expectations as foolish and your emotions as mere biochemistry. Jump into the nihilistic void. The only thing to fear from it is that you will fall so far that you'll hit something harder than you cope with. But how is that different than staying on top of the cliff anfd blindly running towards your dream? Are you not at risk of running into that proverbial wall at top speed, causing considerable injury?

Allow yourself to be broken down to the bedrock, to a point where your all is exposed. From there rebuild yourself, rebuild the construct with a mortar which accepts that there is no meaning to any of this, that all will come apart one day and that in time base matter will forsake the legends it once helped to craft. Only with this as the central mechanism can you afford to dream again.

Or you can subscribe to some of the Ni models which suggest that patterns and symbols exist and thus so does a pattern and symbol maker who couldn't be content without weaving some purpose and meaning into the fabric of reality. Forget what reality suggests empirically and perceive the perceived lack of meaning as part of a mere construct.

Tell me more about Ni models.

Hi, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]!

Standuble

Tell me more about Ni models.

Sadly I know little except that it doesn't keep on referencing directly experienced reality as an Ne user would e.g. AFAIK rather than treating the known reality as if it were like your bones or body it can be cast off as if it were a piece of clothing, essentially allowing everything taken to be correct to dissolve into an abstract haze which suggests an origin elsewhere beyond the grasp of facts. Where that would be however would be another question entirely.

Deconstructionism can apply to Ne users too where a) inductive reasoning and uncertainty are constantly applied b) its accepted or believed that the facts and the possible applications are like an island surrounded by an ocean where all that is understood comes into question e.g. multiverse where all scientific principles and rules from the quantum level up which create the fabric of reality are merely one permutation amongst many. I won't say anymore though as its 6:40am and I would probably come back and edit it when I'm more awake and aware. I know there is more for me to articulate about it (with the perceived reality of the two not really being that far apart and Ne having a facility with mysticism) but the words escape me right now.

Starry

Why hello Mr. Qwan

So I've stated more than once on this site that I don't have an issue with mistyped members...or members that are imo mistyped because I believe there is often a reason the mistype 'makes sense' to the individual and subsequently there's value in it... That positive growth can come out of whatever is being identified with in the incorrect type. <-The way you operate...you are not one of those people in my mind. You really do appear to need a true anchor...and then a map so that you can work outward from there (if you would just stay in one spot for more than 3 minutes :mellow:) That coupled with the fact your issues are so type-specific... So yes, with you I'm trying to get you to see who you really are and why you are behaving in the ways you are behaving. With you it matters.

So with regards to the very few things you bolded from the e9 description... there is nothing there that couldn't be explained by so-dominance...or in the case of one item...by being a harmonic point on the enneagram (iow one of the things you bolded wasn't e9 specific...and e2s & 7s would share the same behavior.) Does this help you see that e9 is not your integration point (you are not connecting with it)? <-I mean, I don't think you identified with enough for it to be considered as your fix in spite of the fact I believe it probably is. Still, if it were me I'd wait until you were older and out on you own...and then have you take a good look at e1 prior to being properly convinced of e9 but whatever...that doesn't concern me. What concerns me is knowing you can confidently rule out e6 as your e-type...And keep it 'ruled-out.' <-We all have our dreams you know. We all have our own set of hopes and dreams.

You bolded quite a bit more from the e6 description and yet... well, some of what you bolded was actually commentary on e5 & 7 within the 6 description but there wasn't anything I saw that couldn't be explained by 'wing' and 'bonafide anxiety disorder'... Does any of that resonate with you? Identifying more with e5 than e9 is so very telling.

The e7 description... now you bolded a good deal of that description which is also telling but imo you give away your 'entranced' e7 status more by what you left untouched...indirectly indicating those were characteristics you do not see in yourself when I can see these features in you plain as day. This is part of the problem with self-typing the enneagram. The descriptions are made up of blindspots...and it is the inability to see yourself as a certain type that increases the possibility you are in fact that one. The other problem is that this description actually states outright that e7 was simultaneously being defined by Se or extroverted sensing...But I believe I'm going to make my own set of 'bolds' of behavior I see in you that you apparently don't see. Still you see more type-specific characteristic in the e7 description.

Are you able to see that you are on 7-5-1 as opposed to 3-6-9? e6s become overwhelmed by all the pain and suffering in the world as well. And do you know what they do about it? The phobics often connect with the herd a bit more. Become a little more involved in the community...start upping their church attendance a little bit. These are the people that build bomb shelters in their backyards...and have created more than one disaster relief kit...one for the office and one for their car... And then they start putting together kits for local charities. They passive-aggressively release pent up anxiety by identifying who's not fitting-in and gossiping about them at a knitting circle or book club or at the office... And the counterphobics simplify/streamline matters by cutting-to-the-chase and merely taking over the world under their newly created regimes.

Once you start responding to all the pain and suffering in the world by crying out 'nothing matters!' and 'there is no meaning to anything in life!' and 'all hope is lost!' <-you've just revealed to 'everyone and their brother' that you are in fact an e7 making an unhealthy connection to e5...and you are throwing a tantrum (however rightly-sided and compassionate and goodly intended) because you are coming up against the fact that you were under the highly optimistic impression that earth was going to be "just like a super cool and fun all inclusive resort" and now you feel you are entitled to getting your money back. And you will throw this temper tantrum until something 'super awesome' happens to you in your external environment that takes you back to your baseline 'life is beautiful' where you will wait until the next time you become overwhelmed by all the pain and suffering in the world as if discovering it for the very first time.

So what is your e-type Magic Qwan?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha! Tell it starry!! I think you should have a thread telling people what their actual types are. Even if it's anonymous and they just had to figure it out haha You have amazing vision and see more deeply into people than most. IMO.

Starry

Ha! Tell it starry!! I think you should have a thread telling people what their actual types are. Even if it's anonymous and they just had to figure it out haha You have amazing vision and see more deeply into people than most. IMO.

giphy.gif

I just caught a glimpse of what Oprah must feel every minute of everyday.
This message... I'm overwhelmed in the sense that I know you mean it and that means everything to me.
Thank you for this and for being in my life.

tumblr_lq6oxrIdG81ql141xo1_250.gif

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aww haha no really... Even the fact that you get that some people being mistyped are actually going through a worthwhile process and just seeing so intricately inside that and allowing the space for it to breathe and become... It's ne/ni I can see it so clearly. <3

Shit does that make sense? Well maybe not to most but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why hello Mr. Qwan

So I've stated more than once on this site that I don't have an issue with mistyped members...or members that are imo mistyped because I believe there is often a reason the mistype 'makes sense' to the individual and subsequently there's value in it... That positive growth can come out of whatever is being identified with in the incorrect type. <-The way you operate...you are not one of those people in my mind. You really do appear to need a true anchor...and then a map so that you can work outward from there (if you would just stay in one spot for more than 3 minutes :mellow:) That coupled with the fact your issues are so type-specific... So yes, with you I'm trying to get you to see who you really are and why you are behaving in the ways you are behaving. With you it matters.

So with regards to the very few things you bolded from the e9 description... there is nothing there that couldn't be explained by so-dominance...or in the case of one item...by being a harmonic point on the enneagram (iow one of the things you bolded wasn't e9 specific...and e2s & 7s would share the same behavior.) Does this help you see that e9 is not your integration point (you are not connecting with it)? <-I mean, I don't think you identified with enough for it to be considered as your fix in spite of the fact I believe it probably is. Still, if it were me I'd wait until you were older and out on you own...and then have you take a good look at e1 prior to being properly convinced of e9 but whatever...that doesn't concern me. What concerns me is knowing you can confidently rule out e6 as your e-type...And keep it 'ruled-out.' <-We all have our dreams you know. We all have our own set of hopes and dreams.

You bolded quite a bit more from the e6 description and yet... well, some of what you bolded was actually commentary on e5 & 7 within the 6 description but there wasn't anything I saw that couldn't be explained by 'wing' and 'bonafide anxiety disorder'... Does any of that resonate with you? Identifying more with e5 than e9 is so very telling.

The e7 description... now you bolded a good deal of that description which is also telling but imo you give away your 'entranced' e7 status more by what you left untouched...indirectly indicating those were characteristics you do not see in yourself when I can see these features in you plain as day. This is part of the problem with self-typing the enneagram. The descriptions are made up of blindspots...and it is the inability to see yourself as a certain type that increases the possibility you are in fact that one. The other problem is that this description actually states outright that e7 was simultaneously being defined by Se or extroverted sensing...But I believe I'm going to make my own set of 'bolds' of behavior I see in you that you apparently don't see. Still you see more type-specific characteristic in the e7 description.

Are you able to see that you are on 7-5-1 as opposed to 3-6-9? e6s become overwhelmed by all the pain and suffering in the world as well. And do you know what they do about it? The phobics often connect with the herd a bit more. Become a little more involved in the community...start upping their church attendance a little bit. These are the people that build bomb shelters in their backyards...and have created more than one disaster relief kit...one for the office and one for their car... And then they start putting together kits for local charities. They passive-aggressively release pent up anxiety by identifying who's not fitting-in and gossiping about them at a knitting circle or book club or at the office... And the counterphobics simplify/streamline matters by cutting-to-the-chase and merely taking over the world under their newly created regimes.

Once you start responding to all the pain and suffering in the world by crying out 'nothing matters!' and 'there is no meaning to anything in life!' and 'all hope is lost!' <-you've just revealed to the world that you are in fact an e7 making an unhealthy connection to e5...and you are throwing a tantrum (however rightly-sided and compassionate and goodly intended) because you are coming up against the fact that you were under the highly optimistic impression that earth was going to be "just like a super cool and fun all inclusive resort" and now you feel you are entitled to getting your money back. And you will throw this temper tantrum until something 'super awesome' happens to you in your external environment that takes you back to your baseline 'life is beautiful' where you will wait until the next time you become overwhelmed by all the pain and suffering in the world as if discovering it for the very first time.

So what is your e-type Magic Qwan?
That sounds accurate.
7w6, very strong and very phobic 6 wing…

Starry

That sounds accurate.
7w6, very strong and very phobic 6 wing…

Would you be able to send me a virtual signature on that?

:wink:

I've got some things that may help you here as I'm embarrassingly familiar with the 'Life is Perfect' to--> 'Nihilism' in under sixty seconds thing. I'll put some thoughts together in my mind.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I've got some things that may help you here as I'm embarrassingly familiar with the 'Life is Perfect' to--> 'Nihilism' in under sixty seconds thing. I'll put some thoughts together in my mind.

Sure...
:drwho::scruples:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Seriously, though, please send it…
:)

I don't want my last post to make it seem like I'm not serious…

Which that statement could possibly be interpreted as sarcasm…

Though saying that could have actually done it…

Or that…

OR THAT…

If you will notice, I've updated my signature…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't scare you off, did I, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]?
At any rate, if you're going to send it, do it in a PM...

Starry

I didn't scare you off, did I, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]?
At any rate, if you're going to send it, do it in a PM...

Yes. I felt quite frightened (?) so thanks for...you know...making me feel comfortable again.

No, I've been too busy today for my lazy nature. I will send you stuff via homing pigeons if that's okay with you. If not...PM it is.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. I felt quite frightened (?) so thanks for...you know...making me feel comfortable again.

No, I've been too busy today for my lazy nature. I will send you stuff via homing pigeons if that's okay with you. If not...PM it is.

I was worried I might have said something somehow that offended you...
You've always gotten right back to me in the past...

Starry

I was worried I might have said something somehow that offended you...
You've always gotten right back to me in the past...

I almost feel like you currently have me mixed-up with a different member haha. Unless I'm online with the other person at the same time...I feel like I'm 'terrible to the point of embarrassment' at getting back to people... but I like your version of events very much.

I'm running out the door again (dude)...but you haven't done anything. And I feel very happy thinking of the amazing future you have in front of you. If you ever don't hear back from me right away...the chances it's ADD as opposed to a negative or frightened feeling hover around 99%. Talk to you soon.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I almost feel like you currently have me mixed-up with a different member haha. Unless I'm online with the other person at the same time...I feel like I'm 'terrible to the point of embarrassment' at getting back to people... but I like your version of events very much.

I'm running out the door again (dude)...but you haven't done anything. And I feel very happy thinking of the amazing future you have in front of you. If you ever don't hear back from me right away...the chances it's ADD as opposed to a negative or frightened feeling hover around 99%. Talk to you soon.

Alright.
It's 9:45 PM where I live...
Do you live in the US?

I'm glad I didn't upset you. [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] still keeps trying to sell me on ENTP...

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Alright.
It's 9:45 PM where I live...
Do you live in the US?

I'm glad I didn't upset you. [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] still keeps trying to sell me on ENTP...

I'm the only one here that has actually talked to you on the phone. You're Ti as fuck bro.

Starry

...anyone that is telling you you are an e6 or agreeing with you that you 'seem very e6ish'...or talks to you as if you are an e6... or even if you're just buying something at the store and the total comes to $6.60 or whatever... I want you to say to that person "Starry says you don't know shit about the enneagram...and that you're probably a major dumbass in general." <-okay you got that?

[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]

Please don't let The Irritating Great One confuse you. Especially since he's mistyped...and honestly, more of a classically-expressed e7 than you and I combined (we will see how e9 integration works out for him :party:. )

If you find it helpful in anyway... when I first came to this site and the enneagram...I was experiencing a great deal of post-trauma stuff as well and self-typed as a 6w7. And then I decided to educate myself :)

edit: I should say though MQ...please do what feels right to you. Don't be swayed by me either would be my advice. Look at the core fears... and see where you fit.