User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 65

  1. #11
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    The significance is you. And. Me.

  2. #12
    Bird of War Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    That has felt depressing to me, too...

    If we are only chemicals, what is our significance?
    Isn't there something amazing about that? Maybe it's typological, but there's almost something magical about that to me. Think of individual cells... they all have their own tasks, their own mission, but somehow they work together, to the extent that they create an entity called a person. To me, that almost does suggest something greater at work.

    What would our significance be if we weren't chemicals, and we did actually have souls? A soul just transports all meaning to after our death, which we can't see. I prefer to create meanings I can see, or at least verify for myself. I mean, transmissions of ideas, when people communicate and actually get through to each other, that's pretty meaningful. The odds seem like they would be against it, given all the chemicals at play, and yet, it happens.

    Motherfucking miracles.
    The gloves are off...
    The wisdom teeth fell out...
    What you on about?





    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  3. #13
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Isn't there something amazing about that? Maybe it's typological, but there's almost something magical about that to me. Think of individual cells... they all have their own tasks, their own mission, but somehow they work together, to the extent that they create an entity called a person. To me, that almost does suggest something greater at work.

    What would our significance be if we weren't chemicals, and we did actually have souls? A soul just transports all meaning to after our death, which we can't see. I prefer to create meanings I can see, or at least verify for myself. I mean, transmissions of ideas, when people communicate and actually get through to each other, that's pretty meaningful. The odds seem like they would be against it, given all the chemicals at play, and yet, it happens.

    Motherfucking miracles.
    Looking at it that way makes it seem better...
    I think the only way I could feel a little better is if I became at least slightly famous for something beautiful...
    I want to be mentioned in history books...
    Is that vain?
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

  4. #14
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    There is nothing but pain, misery, sadness, and suffering in the world.
    Rather than psychotically projecting your pain, misery, sadness and suffering onto the world, why not find a good therapist who will listen to your personal pain, misery and suffering?

  5. #15
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Rather than psychotically projecting your pain, misery, sadness and suffering onto the world, why not find a good therapist who will listen to your personal pain, misery and suffering?
    I have, but my pain is indomitable...
    My core is sadness and pain...
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

  6. #16
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I have, but my pain is indomitable...
    My core is sadness and pain...
    I understand you are 17 years of age and you say you have found a good therapist who has listened to your pain and suffering but it has made no difference.

    Frankly, I don't find this story credible.

  7. #17
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I understand you are 17 years of age and you say you have found a good therapist who has listened to your pain and suffering but it has made no difference.

    Frankly, I don't find this story credible.
    I've talked to people, social workers, the few friends I have...
    But the core problem stems from being too aware of the world...
    I see and hear too much and it really hurts my soul...
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

  8. #18
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Isn't there something amazing about that? Maybe it's typological, but there's almost something magical about that to me. Think of individual cells... they all have their own tasks, their own mission, but somehow they work together, to the extent that they create an entity called a person. To me, that almost does suggest something greater at work.

    What would our significance be if we weren't chemicals, and we did actually have souls? A soul just transports all meaning to after our death, which we can't see. I prefer to create meanings I can see, or at least verify for myself. I mean, transmissions of ideas, when people communicate and actually get through to each other, that's pretty meaningful. The odds seem like they would be against it, given all the chemicals at play, and yet, it happens.

    Motherfucking miracles.

  9. #19
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I've talked to people, social workers, the few friends I have...
    But the core problem stems from being too aware of the world...
    I see and hear too much and it really hurts my soul...
    I myself have a high response to stimulae, and I have found a way to modulate my response.

    And I found a way to modulate my high response to stimulae in a book called, "Relief Without Drugs", by Ainslie Mears.

    Dr Mears teaches a form of relaxation that takes us progressively out into the world while remaining relaxed.

  10. #20
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I myself have a high response to stimulae, and I have found a way to modulate my response.

    And I found a way to modulate my high response to stimulae in a book called, "Relief Without Drugs", by Ainslie Mears.

    Dr Mears teaches a form of relaxation that takes us progressively out into the world while remaining relaxed.
    I'll need to try it...
    Money Runs the World,
    Might Makes Right,
    and There is No Meaning!

Similar Threads

  1. Can I please have help? I'm hopeless when it comes to typing
    By RooibosKrayfish in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2017, 09:16 AM
  2. it's just li'l ol' me
    By Ivy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-05-2016, 09:01 PM
  3. It's about damn time!
    By Rajah in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 03:12 AM
  4. It's Tara
    By targobelle in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO