• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does your Mom think you are cool?

Does your Mom think you are cool?

• Total voters

Mole

Permabanned
As we start to individuate, we face the problem of how to end our emotional and financial dependence on our mother.

It is too big a step to take at once so we substitute our peer group for our mother. And cults like mbti provide us with a substitute mother as we slowly and painfully move towards our individuation.

The peer group is a fantasy mother, and we don't want to be rudely woken from our fantasy with mere facts.

But we start to succeed in our individuation when we start to prefer fact to fantasy.

Mole

Permabanned
Almost all mothers and fathers adore their children. This is why we have laws against nepotism.

And we gain our self esteem from how others see us, self esteem is given to us, while we earn self respect.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Almost all mothers and fathers adore their children. This is why we have laws against nepotism.

And we gain our self esteem from how others see us, self esteem is given to us, while we earn self respect.

Love- of course. Adore-hardly.

I've never had a relationship with my Mother at all. Which probably says a lot about the difference between my sister and me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She said I was different than a lot of people - complex, not simple

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She said I was different than a lot of people - complex, not simple
Mine said much the same, but was too old school to use terms like "cool". She recognized in me some innate drive always to expect more of myself than anyone else did, and to achieve it. To this day, one of my basic values is that if something is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.

Mole

Permabanned
Mine said much the same, but was too old school to use terms like "cool". She recognized in me some innate drive always to expect more of myself than anyone else did, and to achieve it. To this day, one of my basic values is that if something is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.

I confess my confessor. Fr Bell. told me, anything worth doing is worth doing badly. And as it transpires, I am not terribly competent, so I have taken Fr Bell's advice to heart.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I confess my confessor. Fr Bell. told me, anything worth doing is worth doing badly. And as it transpires, I am not terribly competent, so I have taken Fr Bell's advice to heart.
You of all people - trusting a priest?

Mole

Permabanned
My mother told me to learn to give orders I must first learn to take orders, so I became a hippy, grew my hair down to my waist and lived in sin with my girlfriend. I dropped out entirely, and lived in a converted hut, for five dollars a week, on the campus of the Australian National University, in a beautiful location with lake water on either side, under the shade of a spreading Elm.

I would like to say it was more than I deserved, but I can't avoid the fact I did it myself.

Mole

Permabanned
You of all people - trusting a priest?

He was our disciplinarian, but surprisingly erudite, with a wonderful sense of humour, and exquisite taste. I remember him singing a song about an egg to the whole assembled school, while perfectly poised.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He was our disciplinarian, but surprisingly erudite, with a wonderful sense of humour, and exquisite taste. I remember him singing a song about an egg to the whole assembled school, while perfectly poised.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, my mom said she doesn't think I'm cool because I love to argue about everything, and I act like a know-it-all; she still thinks I'm pretty though.

Wait a minute, my mom just texted an addendum to her previous comments about me, and she included her Christmas wishlist. Now, she's saying, "I think you're my coolest daughter. I can't imagine my life without you. You make the world a better place."

DOES SHE RLY? I like you and ur mom stories.
latest

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Of course she thinks I'm cool since I'm the confident, relaxed and extroverted type - and she loves the fact I'm an Art student, because honestly what is cooler than searching for looted Impressionist paintings? :cool:

I guess I'm the coolest of the family anyway bc my brother is kind of a nerd and I'm more laid-back than my sister :smoke:

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The real question, though, is: do you think your Mom is cool?

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The real question, though, is: do you think your Mom is cool?

Absolutely not. She's a user and abuser. Always trying to get money from my sistesrs through manipulation. She doesn't work cuz she's a traditionalist, expects my dad to pay for everything when he doesn't have a high paying job. Its ok to have standards but its terrible to demand it from others who cancan't really.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty sure my mom and I both think the other is cool.

My dad probably doesn't think I'm cool, but well... how is an INFP going to outcool an ISTP father? :shrug:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm...last time a pile of poo plopped out of my anus? You know what!?! That SH*T was REALLY COOL! It even swam! Without any assistance or training at all! err...Fiber!

:D