• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does God want what's best for all?

Does God want what's best for all?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If there is a god, I wouldn't be surprised if it's insane.

Either that, or a "god" is more along the lines of a system/force rather than a single entity.

Would I believe the former in this wanting the best? No, I wouldn't believe it would. Maybe if it had a plan that it was following for a while, but it has long lost it's original perception.

That captures many of my thoughts as well. There's a theory on your point that you can find at this site, should you be interested: http://montalk.net/gnosis/171/corruption-of-the-demiurge

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to believe that God and the universe were amazing things for us to understand and capture, but now I think they're both the greatest evils in our known existence!

In other words, the biggest sin was making the universe as it is.

We at least must learn to defy the natural order, as what nature wants often seems heartless and malevolent.

W

WALMART

The natural order is suffering ;_;

To break the cycle is to admit defeat. Lie down your arms, your mortal existence, and learn to be free!

My favorite villians are kill 'em all to save 'em all types. My first exposure to the concept was Ultimecia in FFVIII, she thought that collapsing all of time into a single point was best for existence, in terms of objective suffering.

Of course, you defeat her, in the process learning the value of life and love.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
If I were to really attempt to address this statement it would take me an entire blog to do so; however, I will briefly say that we don't get it all because we can't see the whole picture at once.

But imagine that we could step outside time as an endless being, with no mortal confinements whatsoever, that we could roam freely about and exist on a grander scale than the universe and perhaps hold the tiny existence known as time in our hands, hold it up and look at it from every angle and see everything in it happening all at once, just as an author sees all that her novel's characters are going to do and have done and it's all happening at once for the author, even though it's linear for the characters inside the book. When a character in a novel dies, to the other characters, he's dead, but the author can bring him back at any point and in any form that she chooses or she can go to an earlier spot in the novel and rewrite it a thousand times so that the character's memories are altered as many times. This does not make the author evil, only creative. To the author, the characters never die. They live outside the pages of the novel in her mind, even though while they are in the book, they live only between the covers, just as we can only see what's right in front of us inside the tiny bubble of mortality and time.

But we are here right now we cannot see outside the bubble, except maybe in glimpses, and we are trapped between the covers of the book so sometimes we don't realize that the author has good intentions for us or a grander scheme than we can even imagine. We don't always understand how mere the existence inside a bubble that takes up less than a breath in the entire cosmic existence is. Sometimes we don't realize that we don't know what we don't know and many of our harsh judgment calls are based, not on what we actually know, but on what we think we know.

So, there are no experts on spiritual things and on God. There is only belief, disbelief and limbo in-between.

Anyway, I'm rambling. It's hard to put into words what I mean and sometimes, even the best attempts, come out jumbled. It's like trying to explain or understand a dimension that there are no words in this one to describe.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I were to really attempt to address this statement it would take me an entire blog to do so; however, I will briefly say that we don't get it all because we can't see the whole picture at once.

No, we don't get it all, nor do we know why this world is such a hellish place.

But imagine that we could step outside time as an endless being, with no mortal confinements whatsoever, that we could roam freely about and exist on a grander scale than the universe and perhaps hold the tiny existence known as time in our hands, hold it up and look at it from every angle and see everything in it happening all at once, just as an author sees all that her novel's characters are going to do and have done and it's all happening at once for the author, even though it's linear for the characters inside the book. When a character in a novel dies, to the other characters, he's dead, but the author can bring him back at any point and in any form that she chooses or she can go to an earlier spot in the novel and rewrite it a thousand times so that the character's memories are altered as many times. This does not make the author evil, only creative. To the author, the characters never die. They live outside the pages of the novel in her mind, even though while they are in the book, they live only between the covers, just as we can only see what's right in front of us inside the tiny bubble of mortality and time.

Well, put simply, I guess God exists outside the system, can see everything, but he also chooses to keep us trapped inside his naughty little box of pitiless flux!

But we are here right now we cannot see outside the bubble, except maybe in glimpses, and we are trapped between the covers of the book so sometimes we don't realize that the author has good intentions for us or a grander scheme than we can even imagine. We don't always understand how mere the existence inside a bubble that takes up less than a breath in the entire cosmic existence is. Sometimes we don't realize that we don't know what we don't know and many of our harsh judgment calls are based, not on what we actually know, but on what we think we know.

Well, there may indeed be higher powers guiding us towards something greater, though the process of our getting there is so tormenting.

So, there are no experts on spiritual things and on God. There is only belief, disbelief and limbo in-between.

But some people may understand more than others.

Anyway, I'm rambling. It's hard to put into words what I mean and sometimes, even the best attempts, come out jumbled. It's like trying to explain or understand a dimension that there are no words in this one to describe.

Yes, all we have are theories, which we have built from the bottom.

A

A window to the soul

Cheer up all ye of little faith, it will all be over soon.
Or will it? Ahh, that is the question...