heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Darker in the general aspect, as in the fall of society. The fall of humanity in response to the decay. I feel that society, like an ecosystem responds to stimulus and change, and evolves. I think humans are beyond the peak, and on their way out. That we will change, and evolve. Whether or not we will retain our consciousnesses about existence, is a whole other matter.
    That's pretty low on my list of things to be concerned about.

Change can't be avoided, and as a matter of fact, I don't think modern American conservatism has much of an interest in stewardship, which would be something I could find merit in. They talk a good game about balancing the budget when they're out of power, but then they keep running up the deficit anyway once they get the reigns. I think the last President to actually balance the budget was Bill Clinton. There's also the matter of natural resources, which again, they show no interest in, probably because the politicians can't line their pockets as easily that way.

In the U.S., it's less about protecting and safeguarding things of value, and more about hitting the (very expensive) panic button every time something that seems weird comes along.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    That's pretty low on my list of things to be concerned about.

Change can't be avoided, and as a matter of fact, I don't think modern American conservatism has much of an interest in stewardship, which would be something I could find merit in. They talk a good game about balancing the budget when they're out of power, but then they keep running up the deficit anyway once they get the reigns. I think the last President to actually balance the budget was Bill Clinton. There's also the matter of natural resources, which again, they show no interest in, probably because the politicians can't line their pockets as easily that way.

In the U.S., it's less about protecting and safeguarding things of value, and more about hitting the (very expensive) panic button every time something that seems weird comes along.
    The budget is something that isnt a real concern. The problem is the constant erratic change of personality that pays off the loans in the form of different political parties in power.

heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

The budget is something that isnt a real concern. The problem is the constant erratic change of personality that pays off the loans in the form of different political parties in power.
    My point exactly. It's not something conservatives actually care about.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Because of peer pressure, and you yourself changing and becoming comfortable with your way of life.

For example, you do not choose to step on the ants on the ground. But to move forward, even if you try to avoid ants. You will step on a few. It is an act of "evil", but it is also a part of life. It is the only way to move forward. Power is the same way. Humans get caught up in the results, not the means used to get there. It is easy to ignore suffering you do not have to see. If you enjoy the results or benefits, it is even easier.

No one is evil for the sake of evil. Everyone usually thinks they are the good guy. But everyone can be a villan in someone else's story. So I think it is better to not get caught up on morality to rationalize anything.

You miss the point...

Just because someone has a gun that doesn't mean he will kill you! Power itself is not a treat but what you do with that power. Read how many nukes we have on planet and get to the real world. Grow up!

But everyone can be a villan in someone else's story
    Justification of your own stupidity. I have seen it many times.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    You miss the point...

Just because someone has a gun that doesn't mean he will kill you! Power itself is not a treat but what you do with that power. Read how many nukes we have on planet and get to the real world. Grow up!

Justification of your own stupidity. I have seen it many times.
    I think you are thinking too small. I am not talking on the scale of physical violence. I am talking on the scale of taking action on a scale that its impossible to determine the exact affects on people involved, such as government or policy creation. Everything has unintentional consequences. If you think you can wield any power without affecting anyone negatively. You are the one naive.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

I think you are thinking too small. I am not talking on the scale of physical violence. I am talking on the scale of taking action on a scale that its impossible to determine the exact affects on people involved, such as government or policy creation. Everything has unintentional consequences. If you think you can wield any power without affecting anyone negatively. You are the one naive.
    That's what I am talkin' about. We have 10.000 nuke warheads. Now let's nuke some city to demonstrate our power. Very responsible.

People must work on their morality, be more smart, care more about consequence of their actions. If not so we are doomed. Why? Because most of our leaders are just arrogant idiots and I don't give them an aquarium of fishes to care!
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

The world doesn't respond well to my nonsense. Clearly the world is broken.
    Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals.

Oh, we're always all right. You remember that. We happen to other people.

And I see fire, hollowing souls
    And I see fire, blood in the breeze
    And I hope that you'll remember me...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    That's what I am talkin' about. We have 10.000 nuke warheads. Now let's nuke some city to demonstrate our power. Very responsible.

People must work on their morality, be more smart, care more about consequence of their actions. If not so we are doomed. Why? Because most of our leaders are just arrogant idiots and I don't give them an aquarium of fishes to care!
    I think you severely underestimate the intelligence and morality of the common man. No one wishes for the death of anyone. But when it comes to us vs them, you will surely wish you were part of us. No matter the cost of the war. War is inevitable, it is human nature. Concepts such a peace is just means to rationalize the periods in between wars. It was never about morality. It was never about who was right or wrong. It was always about who was left. Which is why in fact, that our fate as a species lies on the shoulders of people who do not give a single fuck. But if you vote carefully enough, you will be fine.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

I think you severely underestimate the intelligence and morality of the common man. No one wishes for the death of anyone. But when it comes to us vs them, you will surely wish you were part of us. No matter the cost of the war. War is inevitable, it is human nature. Concepts such a peace is just means to rationalize the periods in between wars. It was never about morality. It was never about who was right or wrong. It was always about who was left. Which is why in fact, that our fate as a species lies on the shoulders of people who do not give a single fuck. But if you vote carefully enough, you will be fine.

I don't underestimate because common men are imbeciles. If they aren't system of voting would work. But it doesn't. Imbeciles vote for imbeciles. And then imbeciles cause the havoc on the world. And for what? Ideology? No. For economic desires. They will burn everything to the ground, they will cause civil war in some country only because of economics. I don't have a problem dying for higher purpose because it is a honorable death. But dying for someone's full pockets? No. It is foolish.
    ===Logical Crusader===

Probably slippery slope because that's the one at the heart of arguments accepted by Christians for the resurrection (and there's like, what, a billion of 'em).

Its one thing to say that a character Jesus in the bible rose from the dead. Quite another to go from that to the conclusion that this actually occurred in real life.

That maneuver is worse than a slippery slope...it's a steep hill covered in a thick sheet of black ice.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.