User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 81

  1. #31
    heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    14,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Societal evolution. There is a series of societal traits that once they become dominate, it leads to the fall of a society. A common example is what happened to Rome. What happens when a country embraces hedonism? In this instance, one thing literally does lead to another. While I have nothing against LGBT, the normalization of it has led to attempts of normalization of pedophilia (in the form of underaged drag queens for example who get treated like strippers). There is a push to consider pedophilia a sexual orientation. There are even tv shows on it. The slippery slope predicts zoophilia after pedophilia on the staircase of degeneracy and its been right every time. I am already seeing examples of it. So yeah, I am going to call this one real.
    Uhh.. think that is a fallacy, though.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    It was also the first to embrace democratic means, hedonism, sexual degeneracy, and allowing woman to vote. Aka progressive.
    This would be a non-sequitur since your statement doesn't logically follow why the Roman Empire fell, from being stretched too thin and the invasion of Germanic tribes, causing numerous military losses.

  3. #33
    heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    14,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    This would be a non-sequitur since your statement doesn't logically follow why the Roman Empire fell, from being stretched too thin and the invasion of Germanic tribes, causing numerous military losses.
    What would military loses have to do with Rome being sacked by a barbarian tribe? That's illogical. Must be the gays gaying things up.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    What would military loses have to do with Rome being sacked by a barbarian tribe? That's illogical. Must be the gays gaying things up.
    Strawman.

  5. #35
    heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    14,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    Strawman.
    She did say the gays were part of a slippery slope that led to the Roman Empire's downfall, though. I suppose "progressivism" was the original first cause, not gays, but the gays definitely played a role in her argument. Gays gaying things up did in fact have something to do with the fall of the Roman Empire in her opinion.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  6. #36
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    She did say the gays were part of a slippery slope that led to the Roman Empire's downfall, though. I suppose "progressivism" was the original first cause, not gays, but the gays definitely played a role in her argument. Gays gaying things up did in fact have something to do with the fall of the Roman Empire in her opinion.
    Not causation, but part of what lead to it. Hence it being a slippery slope fallacy, but in reality.

  7. #37
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Uhh.. think that is a fallacy, though.
    There is an exception to every rule. They are nothing more than a guideline, not a law.

  8. #38
    heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    14,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Not causation, but part of what lead to it. Hence it being a slippery slope fallacy, but in reality.
    It's not a great case for an example of a slippery slope fallacy that is a reality. At least, I don't find it terribly convincing? Can you think of something concerning something less controversial, perhaps not linked to contemporary politics?
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  9. #39
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    It's not a great case for an example of a slippery slope fallacy that is a reality. At least, I don't find it terribly convincing? Can you think of something concerning something less controversial, perhaps not linked to contemporary politics?
    Thats literally the whole point of it being considered a fallacy, but you can see evidence of the contrary. You are not going to find "Examples" of a fallacy being true. Use your brain.

  10. #40
    heartland values Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    14,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Thats literally the whole point of it being considered a fallacy, but you can see evidence of the contrary. You are not going to find "Examples" of a fallacy being true. Use your brain.
    This is just like on Discord where you tried to convince me that Trump was secretly a genius playing 5 dimensional chess because of all the stuff he got passed and you couldn't give me a single example.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



Similar Threads

  1. [NF] Commonalities/differences between ENFP and ENFJ
    By proteanmix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 02:35 PM
  2. [NT] NTs: how do logical fallacies make you feel?
    By Society in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 02:45 PM
  3. [INFJ] Is it common for INFJ's to come out of abusive/neglectful homes?
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
  4. Alternative logic systems versus sociopathic traits.
    By Park in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO