A sense of obligation."
    Likes Yuu, Ravenetta, Vendrah liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Loaded question fallacy. This is a fallacy that might be committed when someone ask us a question. The question that they pose is Loaded with assumption that question poser should have question before posing.
    Like the question what do you hate in math?is fallacious the question raiser assumes that the person to whom he pose his question to does hate math, while his state of feeling whether he hate or does not hate math should have been inquired prior to the question.
    To elaborate, before posing what do you hate in math? the question raiser should ask whether the person to whom he raised the question do hate math by posing a closed ended question: Do you hate math? Otherwise, the question raiser don't really know the state of feeling of the person, whether there is hatred towards math in the person or not. The question raiser actually only assumed that he does hate math that the question raiser have committed loaded question fallacy.

Beg the question fallacy
    An attempt to invalidate the cognitive functions using empirical evidence commits beg the question: will the cognitive functions be invalidated because the scientist did not manage to find empirical evidence, is that the nature of psychological function is observable that any observable by the five senses facts will be necessary and sufficient to prove or disprove its existence?. Those questions should be raised and satisfyingly answered before an attempt to collect empirical data is undertaken.

Genetic Fallacy
    χρήστος ανέστη

current year fallacy

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Just stopping by to say that's it is legitimately impossible to debate without some form of fallacy, and if one is too focused on fallacy, they learn nothing. Fallacy is what you could consider the "Human element" to debates. We are not robots, we are not perfect. We all have issues and debate tactics we use when getting emotional. I really fucking hate the hyper focus on fallacies in debate. But if I had to say the ones I hate the most, is the person who attacks your character rather than your argument. I also dislike the entire existence of the "Slippery slope" fallacy, as in fact there are things in life that are "Slippery slopes".
    Masculine republics, give way to feminine democracies. Feminine democracies, give way to tyranny.
    - Aristotle

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    I also dislike the entire existence of the "Slippery slope" fallacy, as in fact there are things in life that are "Slippery slopes".
    Name one.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Name one.
    Societal evolution. There is a series of societal traits that once they become dominate, it leads to the fall of a society. A common example is what happened to Rome. What happens when a country embraces hedonism? In this instance, one thing literally does lead to another. While I have nothing against LGBT, the normalization of it has led to attempts of normalization of pedophilia (in the form of underaged drag queens for example who get treated like strippers). There is a push to consider pedophilia a sexual orientation. There are even tv shows on it. The slippery slope predicts zoophilia after pedophilia on the staircase of degeneracy and its been right every time. I am already seeing examples of it. So yeah, I am going to call this one real.
    Masculine republics, give way to feminine democracies. Feminine democracies, give way to tyranny.
    - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Societal evolution. There is a series of societal traits that once they become dominate, it leads to the fall of a society. A common example is what happened to Rome. What happens when a country embraces hedonism? In this instance, one thing literally does lead to another. While I have nothing against LGBT, the normalization of it has led to attempts of normalization of pedophilia (in the form of underaged drag queens for example who get treated like strippers). There is a push to consider pedophilia a sexual orientation. There are even tv shows on it. The slippery slope predicts zoophilia after pedophilia on the staircase of degeneracy and its been right every time. I am already seeing examples of it. So yeah, I am going to call this one real.
    The Roman Empire didn't fall because of societal evolution. It fell from being stretched too thin and the invasion from Germanic tribes that caused numerous military losses.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    The Roman Empire didn't fall because of societal evolution. It fell from being stretched too thin and the invasion from Germanic tribes that caused numerous military losses.
    It was also the first to embrace democratic means, hedonism, sexual degeneracy, and allowing woman to vote. Aka progressive.
    - Aristotle