• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Past Regression/Future Progression Hypnosis.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the science-technology forum I recently posted a link to a page containing a long story from a hypnotherapy session involving future progression. The hypnotized individual believed he was living on the moon in some undetermined future time measured in different temporal units than our own. But he knows how many years the 5 space stations and colonies have been in existence, because, after all, the moon orbits the sun along with the Earth (which he usually calls "the world"). In this story, the man described parts of his childhood, adulthood, and eventual death at the age of 150 years by sacrificing himself in order to save some other colonists from a solar flare.

He also stated that the "world," our future Earth, suffered from a nuclear disaster caused by some "kooks" who got hold of nuclear weapons. This was the impetus to begin colonizing areas beyond Earth, and for a few, even as far away as Alpha Centauri.

I have also seen some stories of past regression hypnosis. In one case, a woman who began acquiring cataracts at a very young age, about 26, was somehow cured of the cataracts when she learned that she had been a hermit back in the Middle Ages who had his hut burned down by some superstitious towns-people. His eyes were burned in the fired and so he was blinded. After this, he sank into a deep depression, which was the exact psychological symptom the woman was experiencing. When she learned about this past life, her depression lifted and the cataracts disappeared.

While these stories are incredible, and even if reincarnation is true, how is future progression even a possibility since those lives haven't existed yet?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In the science-technology forum I recently posted a link to a page containing a long story from a hypnotherapy session involving future progression. The hypnotized individual believed he was living on the moon in some indetermined future time measured in different temporal units than our own. But he knows how many years the 5 space stations and colonies have been in existence, because, after all, the moon orbits the sun along with the Earth (which he usually calls "the world"). In this story, the man described parts of his childhood, adulthood, and eventual death at the age of 150 years by sacrificing himself in order to save some other colonists from a solar flare.

He also stated that the "world," our future Earth, suffered from a nuclear disaster caused by some "kooks" who got hold of nuclear weapons. This was the impetus to begin colonizing areas beyond Earth, and for a few, even as far away as Alpha Centauri.

I have also seen some stories of past regression hypnosis. In one case, a woman who began acquiring cataracts at a very young age, about 26, was somehow cured of the cataracts when she learned that she had been a hermit back in the Middle Ages who had his hut burned down by some superstitious towns-people. His eyes were burned in the fired and so he was blinded. After this, he sank into a deep depression, which was the exact psychological symptom the woman was experiencing. When she learned about this past life, her depression lifted and the cataracts disappeared.

While these stories are incredible, and even if reincarnation is true, how is future progression even a possibility since those lives haven't existed yet?

From my understanding, time is non-linear…
Thus, past or future would be irrelevant.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From my understanding, time is non-linear…
Thus, past or future would be irrelevant.

If the soul is eternal, then contrary to Jung's claim, the collective unconscious contains not only the past but also the future of humanity.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If the soul is eternal, then contrary to Jung's claim, the collective unconscious contains not only the past but also the future of humanity.

Could you clarify this, please?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could you clarify this, please?

It is said that Carl Jung predicted WWI in a vision:

In October [1913], while I was alone on a journey, I was suddenly seized by an overpowering vision: I saw a monstrous flood covering all the northern and low-lying lands between the North Sea and the Alps. When it came up to Switzerland I saw that the mountains grew higher and higher to protect our country. I realized that a frightful catastrophe was in progress. I saw the mighty yellow waves, the floating rubble of civilization, and the drowned bodies of uncounted thousands. Then the whole sea turned to blood. This vision last about one hour. I was perplexed and nauseated, and ashamed of my weakness.

Two weeks passed; then the vision recurred, under the same conditions, even more vividly than before, and the blood was more emphasized. An inner voice spoke. "Look at it well; it is wholly real and it will be so. You cannot doubt it." That winter someone asked me what I thought were the political prospects of the world in the near future. I replied that I had no thoughts on the matter, but that I saw rivers of blood.

I asked myself whether these visions pointed to a revolution, but could not really imagine anything of the sort. And so I drew the conclusion that they had to do with me myself, and decided that I was menaced by a psychosis. The idea of war did not occur to me at all.

Soon afterward, in the spring and early summer of 1914, I had a thrice-repeated dream that in the middle of summer an Arctic cold wave descended and froze the land to ice. I saw, for example, the whole of Lorraine and its canals frozen and the entire region totally deserted by human beings. All living green things were killed by frost. This dream came in April and May, and for the last time in June, 1914.

In the third dream frightful cold had again descended from out of the cosmos. This dream, however, had an unexpected end. There stood a leaf-bearing tree, but without fruit (my tree of life, I thought), whose leaves had been transformed by the effects of the frost into sweet grapes full of healing juices. I plucked the grapes and gave them to a large, waiting crowd...

On August 1 the world war broke out.

How is such a thing possible unless Carl Jung hadn't actually experienced this, not literally of course, but in the sense that all collective experience exists within us in some form that can be communicated to us through premonitions and the like?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being reincarnated here on Earth repeatedly if we forget everything and experience the same sufferings in never ending cycles sounds absolutely evil!

But then again, maybe it makes our life force more potent upon each incarnation, gradually makes our "inborn potential" greater.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being reincarnated here on Earth repeatedly if we forget everything and experience the same sufferings in never ending cycles sounds absolutely evil!

But then again, maybe it makes our life force more potent upon each incarnation, gradually makes our "inborn potential" greater.

I hope so, because the "neverending cycles" can't go on for more than 1.8 billion years, at which point in time the Earth will be completely uninhabitable by living beings.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hope so, because the "neverending cycles" can't go on for more than 1.8 billion years, at which point in time the Earth will be completely uninhabitable by living beings.

Urph!
That sounds quite painful!