• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Corruption

Mole

Permabanned
When I came here I was incomprehensible but over time I learnt to write like this so you could understand me. But the price has been my corruption.

My language has been corrupted on Typology Central.

It took a long time to find my own language and I am a little surprised to find it is gone.

It is gone but not forgotten, and it calls me back.

So as I go back, I will follow a personal discipline, as well as look for a conducive environment.

I find this a little scary and I am uncertain about how to proceed.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] I think you're still pretty good on the having your own language part.

I still have to take a good couple minutes to decipher what you're saying

This is cause when u write its similar to poetry...and I'm not good at understanding poetry

What makes u think its been corrupted?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

lilithsistinechapel.jpg

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I came here I was incomprehensible but over time I learnt to write like this so you could understand me. But the price has been my corruption.

My language has been corrupted on Typology Central.

It took a long time to find my own language and I am a little surprised to find it is gone.

It is gone but not forgotten, and it calls me back.

So as I go back, I will follow a personal discipline, as well as look for a conducive environment.

I find this a little scary and I am uncertain about how to proceed.

Language is alive and it's evolution is inevitable when one comes in contact with another. It can be very difficult for speakers who are a minority and feel a personal connection to their language. You could start to write down differences between the language you claim and the one others speak. That way you can consciously choose to use words or word order that you feel most connected with. Isn't it amazing how personal language can be? Just think of the Mayans or the Navajo who watched their languages get sucked up by Europeans. The only thing they can do is work to preserve their language. And the first step to that is to write it down. Best of luck in saving your language! Let me know if I can help. I'd love to!

Mole

Permabanned
Language is alive and it's evolution is inevitable when one comes in contact with another. It can be very difficult for speakers who are a minority and feel a personal connection to their language. You could start to write down differences between the language you claim and the one others speak. That way you can consciously choose to use words or word order that you feel most connected with. Isn't it amazing how personal language can be? Just think of the Mayans or the Navajo who watched their languages get sucked up by Europeans. The only thing they can do is work to preserve their language. And the first step to that is to write it down. Best of luck in saving your language! Let me know if I can help. I'd love to!

Well, nicolita, language can be extrinsic or intrinsic.

Extrinsic language is practical language, language for a purpose, while intrinsic language is language for its own sake.

So we speak extrinsic language, while intrinsic language speaks us.

Mole

Permabanned

We were condemned, Saudade, in the Garden of Eden to earn our living by the sweat of our brow, which means we must use language for practical purposes.

But prior to our Fall, we used language just for its own sake, just for the pleasure of speaking. And so in the Garden of Eden before the Fall, language spoke us.

Mole

Permabanned
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] I think you're still pretty good on the having your own language part.

I still have to take a good couple minutes to decipher what you're saying

This is cause when u write its similar to poetry...and I'm not good at understanding poetry

What makes u think its been corrupted?

I think I have been corrupted because I now write in clichés. Of course I am aware I write in clichés, and so I write in ironic clichés.

However I am being called by the deep down freshness of things, the deep down freshness of words.

Clichés have been in too many mouths, and there are words just aching to be born.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I have a tendency to assume, because of the kind of language that you use, that you are inviting intellectual discussion.

I think what you're actually doing, though, is something more like creative writing. So when someone starts picking it apart (as someone who believes in the cult of MBTI... the Ti users seem to do this most often) you see them as calling your artwork shitty.

I think if you used a "wetter", "warmer" style of communication, I would be less prone to doing this. (That sounds dirty somehow.)

Lark

If this is about my commenting in that other post that you arent an asshat I could reverse that decision if you like.

Mole

Permabanned
I think I have a tendency to assume, because of the kind of language that you use, that you are inviting intellectual discussion.

What I like is a contribution. It may be a creative contribution or it may be an intellectual contribution.

So it's like I put something on the table and you put something on the table.

Mole

Permabanned
I have been corrupted in the same way Adam and Eve, the first man and woman, were corrupted.

Adam and Eve spoke simply for pleasure until they were corrupted and forced to speak for a purpose.

Or another way of seeing it is that Adam and Eve each lived in a bicameral mind where there was no 'I' and a voice, the voice of God, told them what to do, which they did without thinking.

But once they disobeyed the voice of God, they started to think for themselves and became an 'I' and so became corrupted.

So when I write for a purpose I am writing from an 'I'. But when i am writing for pleasure the words write me, and 'I' disappears and I just write down what I hear.

Or another way of putting it is that I hallucinate the voice and the words, and immediately without thinking, write them down.

Often this 'I' part of me doesn't like to be shunted aside by a mysterious voice, and becomes afraid of disappearing for ever, and so resists listening to the voice.

But fortunately I can enter my bicameral mind, enjoy myself, then return to my anxious 'I'.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I liked your old language, Mole (though I will always think of you as Victor).

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its interesting to think of language as something which can be personal. I never looked at it that way. I always thought language served a purpose of communication between people. Im not quiet sure how language can be seen as someting solely personal. But I understand how, to you, it is art, and adapting language to make yourself easier(quicker?) to understand is perceived by yourself as selling out.

Mole

Permabanned
I liked your old language, Mole (though I will always think of you as Victor).

Yes, poor old Victor, he was insignificant. Why just the other day my friend Mr Toad called me the international Mole, surely a significant name even for a Mole.

Victor told me you keep two angels at your feet, and I suggested we give them a ring and have a chat - indeed an international chat with the international Mole. How could they refuse? But I thought I should mention it to you first - after all you don't want to run up a huge phone bill that you would have a hard time explaining as canine to Mole communication - I mean who would believe you?

Victor is dead, long live Mole.

Mole

Permabanned
Its interesting to think of language as something which can be personal. I never looked at it that way. I always thought language served a purpose of communication between people. Im not quiet sure how language can be seen as someting solely personal. But I understand how, to you, it is art, and adapting language to make yourself easier(quicker?) to understand is perceived by yourself as selling out.

It's more I have two ways of writing. There is writing from 'I' for a purpose, and there is writing from the bicameral mind.

To write in the bicameral mind the 'I' must not know what to write and become anxious and afraid, and at that point the bicameral mind steps in to save me.

So the bicameral mind speaks and I immediately without thinking or hesitation write it down.

And when 'I' read it back I can understand it quite well, and usually a small number also understand it, but the majority find it incomprehensible.

When I write from 'I', it comes out as pedestrian, but when I write from my bicameral mind, it comes as a pleasant surprise.