• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Philosopher Do You Dislike the Most?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
:( There'd be no Kant, there'd be No Schopenhauer. There'd be no Nietzsche. THERE'D BE NO ALBERT CAMUS.

CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW THE WORLD WOULD BE WITHOUT NO CAMUS?

Yeah nothing.

6f2562d54c51ac4b5d7a858dea692fc4.jpg

Wouldn't that be absurd?

Oh come on. That's crappy. I didn't say he shouldn't exist. I said I don't respect him as a philosopher. In philosophy alot of the things he came up with were ideas that had been around since freaking ancient greece or that were already floating around at the time. Come on. Why is it people seem to believe the whole 'lone genius' theory.

When there's a breakthrough idea it's because the whole damn culture is moving toward it. If you study history of philosophy or science etc. carefuly you start seeing that the wonderful people we see as heroes while they were certainly pretty hot, all wear cool shades and had mad moves.. were not creating things out of thin air.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh come on. That's crappy. I didn't say he shouldn't exist. I said I don't respect him as a philosopher. In philosophy alot of the things he came up with were ideas that had been around since freaking ancient greece or that were already floating around at the time. Come on. Why is it people seem to believe the whole 'lone genius' theory.

When there's a breakthrough idea it's because the whole damn culture is moving toward it. If you study history of philosophy or science etc. carefuly you start seeing that the wonderful people we see as heroes while they were certainly pretty hot, all wear cool shades and had mad moves.. were not creating things out of thin air.

That was a reply to Evee's quote. lol.

YOLO SWAG. If you don't live by these words, why would it matter? :shrug:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
That was a reply to Evee's quote. lol.

YOLO SWAG. If you don't live by these words, why would it matter? :shrug:

Give me your address, I'm coming to choke you YOLOIST!

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Descartes is the worst thing to ever happen to the world.

How can anyone dislike Nietzsche?

I'm pretty sure about every infectious disease ever rates higher on that scale.
the entp personality type's also up there. :coffee:

I think Nietzsche is pretty cool. Good thinker.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give me your address, I'm coming to choke you YOLOIST!

Apple. 1 Infinite Loop. Cupertino, CA 95014. (408) 996-1010.

YOLO

Tell them that why didn't they do the camera improvement on the 6 earlier. And why a rose color for white? What about blacks? They don't need more color?

That's racist!

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yet, to me, had such a small 'scope'. It's like a very clever blind man describing trying to describe a painting without touching it.

It's not just you, Eck. That's precisely why his view of the world unacceptable.

Because Descartes' methodology narrows one's view of the world to the mode of seeing it merely as the present-at-hand.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Hey. CALM YO'SELF.
Dang so the LeVeyan Satanic church was for me. & MOAR. (haha they're not evil but they sure as hell ain't Jesus Lovers)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's not just you, Eck. That's precisely why his view of the world unacceptable.

Because Descartes' methodology narrows one's view of the world to the mode of seeing it merely as the present-at-hand.

Well of course it's 'acceptable' people can have their opinions and views. Mine is that while certainly a smart etc. man from his other work. I don't think his view is 'right'. And i do agree with you that he promotes quite a narrow view. What annoyed me when reading him is that he's be preaching some concept and not seem to apply it to himself. Well he did but again in those small imaginary worlds of his. I guess that his dualist views were not a 'one off' they show that we deal with a man who seem to start with conclusions. And to be fair most people do that, but most people are idiots. So. Yeah.

*shrugs* Too dogmatic / narrow for me I guess.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey. CALM YO'SELF.
Dang so the LeVeyan Satanic church was for me. & MOAR. (haha they're not evil but they sure as hell ain't Jesus Lovers)
When you say jesus lovers I'm picturing a bunch of movie-cliche rednecks getting it on with south park Jesus

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When you say jesus lovers I'm picturing a bunch of movie-cliche rednecks getting it on with south park Jesus

I'm kidding about joining any church though.

I got to tell you that was pretty convincing picture, you caught me in the act.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How can anyone dislike Nietzsche?

How can anyone like Nietzsche? The man was a proto-Nazi asshole who argued that some arbitrary definition of superiority is enough to render half of humanity subservient for selfish, arrogant purposes of the "strong". His theories, if put into practice, would completely undermine some of the very foundations of civilization and society.

And I'm a libertarian. When a libertarian says a theory is dangerous to society, you know it's pretty fucking bad.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How can anyone like Nietzsche? The man was a proto-Nazi asshole who argued that some arbitrary definition of superiority is enough to render half of humanity subservient for selfish, arrogant purposes of the "strong". His theories, if put into practice, would completely undermine some of the very foundations of civilization and society.

And I'm a libertarian. When a libertarian says a theory is dangerous to society, you know it's pretty fucking bad.

Have you READ Nietszche or are you just repeating something you've heard some idiot who hadn't read him either said ?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If Marxism is immature and childish, then I guess Ayn Rand and capitalism are like it's demented coke addled brother.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not sure if richard dawkins can be seen as a philosopher, i mean he kinda tried to do that, but fails so horrible that he seems like a 5 year old when it comes to his logic and reasoning..

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you READ Nietszche or are you just repeating something you've heard some idiot who hadn't read him either said ?

Of course I've read him.

I'm sorry if you disagree that his claim of Jews coming to power through the perversion of society's strength-as-value order via the corruption of language isn't proto-Nazi.

I'm not saying he wasn't smart, I'm not saying he wasn't a very skilled philologist. I am saying that based on the foundational core of his works he was an asshole who tried to apply Darwinian theory to civilized society based on some crackhead idea he had about Jews and the meaning of words from thousands of years ago:

As an artistic triumph in psychological corruption … the Gospels, in fact, stand alone … Here we are among Jews: this is the first thing to be borne in mind if we are not to lose the thread of the matter. This positive genius for conjuring up a delusion of personal "holiness" unmatched anywhere else, either in books or by men; this elevation of fraud in word and attitude to the level of an art — all this is not an accident due to the chance talents of an individual, or to any violation of nature. The thing responsible is race.

What follows, then? That one had better put on gloves before reading the New Testament. The presence of so much filth makes it very advisable. One would as little choose early Christians for companions as Polish Jews: not that one need seek out an objection to them — neither has a pleasant smell.

There is only nobility of birth, only nobility of blood. When one speaks of "aristocrats of the spirit," reasons are usually not lacking for concealing something. As is well known, it is a favorite term among ambitious Jews. For spirit alone does not make noble. Rather, there must be something to ennoble the spirit. What then is required? Blood.

Please, I defy you to find an interpretation of that quote that isn't backwards and anti-Semitic.

If Nietzsche had his way, you would not be on a computer. Science and intelligence has no place in a world where strength matters. Art doesn't matter, so your music is out. Good food would be unavailable.

Also, you wouldn't be on this forum because Nietzsche is incompatible with Jungian theory. If it were up to Nietzsche, Jung and every other religious man would be shot.

But it's not like I've read him or anything. :dry:

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If Nietzsche had his way, you would not be on a computer. Science and intelligence has no place in a world where strength matters. Art doesn't matter, so your music is out.

life-quotes_9533-1.png

without-music-life-would-be-a-mistake-nietszche-quote-1381921439-view-0.jpg

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp