• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is 'the Force' in Star Wars real?

Which side of the Force do you follow?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Well, The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."
―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Yoda - Freedom From The Matrix - Words of Wisdom Part #1

Jedi Code - by DuduFilm

The Sith Code - by DuduFilm

Darth Revan Tribute - By Dudufilm

W

WALMART

I believe there is an untapped feature of the universe so magnificent it has eluded all imagination prior.

Do you like The Matrix?

"We're not here because we're free; we're here because we're not free. There's no escaping reason, no denying purpose, for as we both know, without purpose we would not exist. It is purpose that created us, purpose that connects us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us; it is purpose that defines us, purpose that binds us."

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] I believe our purpose might be in breaking beyond the matrix, and then creating a new matrix of the mind's design; ideally the matrix would be a program for the 'best of all possible worlds'. This is a very good question though, and I'm going to make it the prime topic of a new thread. We will have to experience the various places where all of the infinite possibilities could lead!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, in a sense, it is.

I love Star Wars, btw.

And the Matrix...one of my all time favorite movies. [I'm especially fond of the first one]

W

WhoCares

Yes it's real. George Lucas was hardly being original, borrowing the idea from human thought since time began. The idea that there is a larger life force than just the one that animates our own bodies is fairly universal. It's something so ingrained in the human psyche that it transcends all religion and to some extent, personal belief. What you call it doesn't matter and the context you frame it in is likewise irrelevant. It just is.

I'm enjoying Brian Cox's The Wonder Of LIfe, and even framing it in the context of psychics doesn't make it any less mysterious or captivating. The very idea that energy is eternal, being neither created, nor destroyed, only shifting from one form to another over time is a pretty complete description of The Force.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=16264]WhoCares[/MENTION],

That's a really great answer. Wish I'd said those things!

sarek

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its not like in the movies. But its real. To even see only the tiniest glimpse of it is already amazing. There is such an incredible wholeness out there for us to find.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes it's real. George Lucas was hardly being original, borrowing the idea from human thought since time began. The idea that there is a larger life force than just the one that animates our own bodies is fairly universal. It's something so ingrained in the human psyche that it transcends all religion and to some extent, personal belief. What you call it doesn't matter and the context you frame it in is likewise irrelevant. It just is.

The Force is the mental program, which can breathe into us the divine spark of life, and visualize or transform the world system through our avatars of being, the power of creation.

I'm enjoying Brian Cox's The Wonder Of LIfe, and even framing it in the context of psychics doesn't make it any less mysterious or captivating. The very idea that energy is eternal, being neither created, nor destroyed, only shifting from one form to another over time is a pretty complete description of The Force.

The creation is always moving into causation new alterations, and the many changes in this evolutionary sequence can drive our own personal liberation. The Force shall free me!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

Being and non-being create each other.
Difficult and easy support each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other [...]

The Tao is like a well:
used but never used up.
It is like the eternal void:
filled with infinite possibilities.

It is hidden but always present.
I don't know who gave birth to it.
It is older than God [...]

The Tao doesn't take sides;
it gives birth to both good and evil.[...]

Hold on to the center.

Lark

It's variously refered to at the tao, dao, chi, grace, holy spirit etc.