• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does the Lord ever speak to you?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Get out of bed, go get that apartment, it will be okay, move to California, save the animals and forests, stand firm against Randroids.

W

WALMART

"Don't let him wake up!"

^^ Him to Me, getting dangerously close to The Truth.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think many lords may speak to us, though it may be in very subtle ways.
It might be more like a system of guidance which projects onto us indirect commands, not making us do anything, but rather revealing the light to those who are open.
When we pray for example, God doesn't necessarily 'give' us anything; he instead alters the flow and makes events immanent.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
No, he keeps leaving messages for other people. That's the problem with a god, being infallible if he gets the wrong number he pops out of existence, but his phone gets stuck in a loop and keeps ringing you for eternity.

It's a long time that is.

Lark

Nope, I actually think that mankind's direct contact and communication with any deities is remarkably and logically limited, a lot of miracles, supernatural and saintly happenings I'm suspiscious about and think there is only tenuous evidence for it and I actually think the amount of intervention and direction described in the scriptures of world religions is exaggerated or misconstrued too. Even if people were more attuned to the divine and supernatural then than now.

sarek

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
God speaks to everyone as soon as we realise we are all God and God is all of us and in all things.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No divine entities speak to me. Any internal dialogue/monologue is merely the product of my own synaptic fireworks.
I build myself every day. In that respect, perhaps I am my own divine (though not allpowerful/cosmic) creator.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
God enters my body and uses me as a vessel to spread his word to the unenlightened masses (y'all)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
God enters my body and uses me as a vessel to spread his word to the unenlightened masses (y'all)

For some reason, your phrasing reminded me of that movie, The Messenger: Joan of Arc. Particularly the line where she is arguing with someone, emphatically saying, "I AM THE DRUM ON WHICH GOD IS BEATING OUT HIS MESSAGE." (pretty sure she's typed as INFP, so maybe that's another reason it popped in my head, who knows.. my head's an odd place)

(I couldn't find a clip of it, but remembering that line reminded me of this clip, somewhat related, but perhaps not. I'm only posting it for comedic purposes, however [particularly the last sword scenario], & hopefully it's well received)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When did you first realize that you were God?

Well, I had noticed that every time I prayed, I was talking to myself.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My god has horns and tells me I'm a goddess.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I only worship cetacean deities. Surprisingly, I have not seen Star Trek IV.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And he only makes his presence known when I ingest these little capsules.
One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small, and the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all...go ask Alice when she's 10 feet tall.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Search for hidden things and you'll find them.

but that's not god, persay.

Lark

No but then I dont really expect the Lord to speak to me, that stuff is way, way rarer than anyone makes out. Not even many of the great mystics actually claim to have had a direct interface with the almighty, it doesnt work like that.