• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's better: Reason or Evidence?

What's better: Reason or Evidence?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My theory: Reason is better, as it establishes the fundamental principles, and evidence can attemt to prove it true. Reason can also show us that we may have misread the implications of the present evidence at hand. Finally, reason is the ultimate architecture underlying the world, and the evidence is just a cosmic manifestation.

I myself first create a construction by the liberating power of reason (not logic; too rule-oriented), and then seek to back it up with external information and how it can shape the world.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...rices/62339-do-you-prefer-logic-evidence.html