• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Channeling anger!

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Just wanted to say that Fe in me doesn't mix well with sadness being motivating at all, but anger definitely does. So, probably not always an Fe thing, but maybe is manifested different ways in different people.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. I've done it, and I don't think it's unhealthy, but it's more a temporary relief for me than anything.

R

Riva

Yes. I've done it, and I don't think it's unhealthy, but it's more a temporary relief for me than anything.

Can you explain how you did this?

I'm not asking what caused the anger, what I want to know is, what activity did you select to do when you got angry or did you remind yourself what made you angry when you were doing the activity?

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can you explain how you did this?

I'm not asking what caused the anger, what I want to know is, what activity did you select to do when you got angry or did you remind yourself what made you angry when you were doing the activity?

I just channeled that restless feeling into physical activity. One time I scoured the entire art room at my school, cleaning every possible surface. Another time I did the most intense workout I'd ever done. I needed something that I could do on autopilot, so that I could checkout. And I needed something physically demanding to exhaust my body. I was able to think about my anger and the situation in a more detached way while I was doing these things.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Has anyone of you ever done this?

Does it work, is it healthy, do you recommend it...?

I had anger issues when I was younger. Depending on the cause this would sometimes lead to violence on my part with the occasional run in with the law or hospital. I'd say I've learned to channel it. I focus on dispersing/purging mostly, occasionally I can redirect it positively. My kinda anger was the fast and hot kind vs. the simmering kind. If you have the same kind, speed bumps is what you need. How? Baby steps, build on that. This isn't going to happen overnight. The most important part is those first few seconds. I worked on this in stages, adapting healthier and healthier expressions. Examples:

Remove yourself from the situation physically and immediately. If you are at work, go to the bathroom.
Tell the person you are angry with that you are angry/getting pissed off, whatever is appropiate and to leave you alone for a moment.
I'd hit something, which while not healthy, sure beats (pun intended) hitting the person. Eventually you want to ditch this method because it's not very socially accepted and can freak people out.
Create a strong fear mental construct. Fear can and does beat anger. When you are not angry, think of something that you'd fear A LOT as a consequence of mal expressing your anger.
Remember you are trying to bottle this up initially, you can bleed it off later.

In time, this will be easier to do, allowing you to detach and observe yourself, rationalize, intellectualize, repress whatever methods work best for you until you can purge.

I eventually internalized my methods and it became who I am. When I was like this seems like a thoasand decades ago but I don't dare forget. I hope this helps, good luck.

S

Society

"huh, do you think getting angry is a good idea?"
"good question, what are the pro's and con's?"
"it depends on what level we choose to examine the issue"
"i suppose it does, and what are you angry about, and timing."
"timing ofcourse, it's all about seize the opportunity!"
"right, the opportunity to.. get angry?"
"sure, in fact i am contemplating whether i should choose to get angry"
"you were thinking of choosing to get angry right now?"
"oh i was thinking tomorrow after noon. is that convenient for you?"

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Isn't this what 8's do on a regular basis?

Just convince yourself that anger is the only valid emotion because all the others make you look like a puss. This in turn makes you frustrated. Then you use that frustration to fuck the shit out of people.

G

garbage

Well.. it's better than lashing out randomly with anger.

May as well put that 'anger-signal' to good use.