• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feminism SUCKS.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Furthermore, I think that extreme groups tend to attract each other, it's like they recognize and agree with on some level not always what but how each other thinks.

Well I'll jump on that.

I'd support gender equality before any gendered movement myself but women face issues specific to them, so it seems appropriate. One goal of some who call themselves feminists (shortened to: "one goal of feminism") would be to address those specific issues. In theory I'd support groups focused on men's issues too, but in practice a lot of those groups seem to be reactions to feminism rather than addressing actual problems men have. That said, I don't think it's right to make problems men have illegitimate because they are the oppressors with iron fists commanding the world from atop their misogynist throne.

(cue someone coming in starting a sentence with "nobody/everyone/huge sweeping generalization applied defensively to a whole group thinks...")

nobody believes that iron fists exists anymore :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
nobody believes that iron fists exists anymore :D
I guess I wouldn't call it an iron fist, but things like the wage gap, the underrepresentation of women in government, and rape culture (like the Steubenville case) keep me from believing it's all cool now.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I guess I wouldn't call it an iron fist, but things like the wage gap, the underrepresentation of women in government, and rape culture (like the Steubenville case) keep me from believing it's all cool now.

yeah I agree with this, I've actually agreed with all the post of yours i've read in here.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

it's not all cool, yes i would agree and see why feminism is still valuable etc etc.

that said there are times when the power of men seems vastly overstated. yes i understand how privilege can be hard to recognize, but i'm poking at characterizations which seem to suggest almost a conspiracy theory level of organization among males which just isn't there.

in other words, I was addressing something specific with that comment, and i hope that point doesn't get lost/misconstrued as something else...

En Gallop

I think most of theories of them is CRAP.
Basically,they always claim "peaceful female and violence male",I think it's nonsense.
Just because the target of female violence usually is very weak and can't not resist and talk,I think they just good at calculate the success rate of their violence.
Here is some examples:
amsterdam-fashion-week-fur-2-537x402.jpg

nycfurstreetstyle1.jpg

Fur-is-fashionable.jpg

I googled picture keyword "fur",most of people wearing it are female.

Oh,most of infanticide criminals are female.And these victims can't talk. I usually heard locale news about "found dead rotten infant body"...I guess this time I don't post than image is better than I post.
Personally,I met a lot of verbal violence and insult by those people who claim themselves are feminists just because I don't want to join into them.Even Muslims didn't act like that way.
I am such a traitor...bah!:mad:
I am very sure the verbal violence by female far more than verbal violence by male.

Based on my personal values and these evidence,I don't think female is "peaceful".
I know some of authoritarian countries,like Russia,North Korea,China,most female in these countries like their authoritarian regimes much more than male...

I found a logic issue,the human education system is controlled by female more than male.The mothers,kindergarten/primary school teachers,if they are suppose the values of gender equality,they should instill their gender equality values to children,but I didn't see that way.
Reminding those authoritarian regimes...

Do you see the irony of arguing against Feminism while also basically saying women should have an equal right with men to be seen as bad people at the same time? :)

Nicodemus

Yes, feminism. Jesus, melons, salt, greenness and cockscomb!

I thought of oneness and my way to the sun's parking lot, hoping fate might burn into the groundless earth.

I thought of spacial matter as though it were glue between my elbows and under my feet.

I thought of sand in the mouth of the beholder and shadows across my tongue in the dirt of throat.

I thought of unity, snakes; I thought of slim boys and naked water.

I think this thread needs music, nothing more. What do you think, [MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION]?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If it weren't for feminism, it probably wouldn't be very socially acceptable to have sex outside of marriage.

Feminism allowed for increased social acceptance of birth control. This changed attitudes about sex, and it's relation to procreation.

Depending on your moral philophy, this is either a good thing or a bad thing, but I expect for most people here, that's a good thing.

En Gallop

I'm not sure. I think people who run things (be it countries or businesses) tend to be the most ruthless, most power-hungry people in the world -- at least they tend to get a lot more success. It just so happens most people of this type, who succeed, tend to be men (maybe people find them more physically intimidating or something, I don't know). I don't think we can use the worst possible examples of men and women to make arguments for/against the general condition. :)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

1. i'm a guy *checks to make sure* - yep, still a guy.
2. i was just building on the notion of matriarchy by placing males in the same positions females were in the patriarchy.
3. it was a god damn joke inspired by your quote, which had absolutely nothing directly to do with you.

Ok, calm down. Don't be mad..

S

Society

Whenever I see these sort of comments, I wonder why people take something so large - many different people with different viewpoints may describe themselves as "Feminist", and then just lump it into one category.

that's exactly what happened here, the OP attacked one sub group (a small & extremist one according to ivy) under the umbrella name, so the people went on to defend the umbrella.

Ok, calm down. Don't be mad..

29197547.jpg

:wink:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
it's not all cool, yes i would agree and see why feminism is still valuable etc etc.

that said there are times when the power of men seems vastly overstated. yes i understand how privilege can be hard to recognize, but i'm poking at characterizations which seem to suggest almost a conspiracy theory level of organization among males which just isn't there.

in other words, I was addressing something specific with that comment, and i hope that point doesn't get lost/misconstrued as something else...
No, it's okay. And I know what you mean in terms of conspiracy. I'm white, after all. I don't go to secret meetings to keep minorities from advancing or to promote police harassment and harsher criminal penalties for minorities, but that stuff is a reality and it's the white majority that keeps that kind of thing going.

That doesn't mean I have all the power and privilege of someone like Ann Romney, but it's also no coincidence that I've never had a speeding ticket or had my vehicle searched during a routine traffic stop, etc.

Countering the fur argument, I submit dudes wearing animals:

10380315-portrait-of-a-young-basketball-player-male-ties-his-shoes-laces-against-white-background.jpg

1000141.jpg

macklemore-thrift-shop-still_sq-de9b26cc00d38eccd7d6acbf5a32ae79323ff571.jpg
RRCHAP.jpg

tumblr_mm2gjm17Xx1r4sx6to1_500.jpg

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
that's exactly what happened here, the OP attacked one sub group (a small & extremist one according to ivy) under the umbrella name, so the people went on to defend the umbrella.

Yeah. It wasn't even a much of a sub group. Fur wearing (and by the logic of the OP, fur trapping, skinning, tanning, and coat sewing) runway models who express their violence on innocent animals.

The worst kind of feminist frontierswoman.

640px-Nancy_Hart.jpg

That said it's understandable to make it a sounding board on the topic in general.

S

Society

No, it's okay. And I know what you mean in terms of conspiracy. I'm white, after all. I don't go to secret meetings to keep minorities from advancing or to promote police harassment and harsher criminal penalties for minorities, but that stuff is a reality and it's the white majority that keeps that kind of thing going.

That doesn't mean I have all the power and privilege of someone like Ann Romney, but it's also no coincidence that I've never had a speeding ticket or had my vehicle searched during a routine traffic stop, etc.

Countering the fur argument, I submit dudes wearing animals:

that doesn't technically counter it.. i mean, he (she? not sure) isn't saying that men are non-violent, he is trying to say that women are violent too (or supportive of violence).

but just for fun:

organic_gems_ivory.jpg

3407325980_b456e6b854.jpg

47947t.jpg

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
that doesn't technically counter it.. i mean, he (she? not sure) isn't saying that men are non-violent, he is trying to say that women are violent too (or supportive of violence).

but just for fun:
Alright, alright, but some of my images were at least a little bit hot.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

Sounds like we're on the same page, but I'm also pointing out that even if one group has real advantages, it doesn't mean their claims are less legitimate. In other words, when you demonize the evil oppressor than it's ok to just ignore their issues.

Also ha look an example, I think a white female is probably at an advantage over a white male for being stopped/searched by police. Especially younger. I get stopped and detained by the police surprisingly frequently. Young black guy would have it worse than me, probably.

Honestly I don't know how much that really bothers me. Men are more likely to be criminals. Hmm. Still. If I was a girl they'd probably just lecture me about being in a dangerous area at night wearing revealing clothing and then let me go instead of searching me for weapons and detaining me while they run my ID through the system while asking me intentionally confusing questions - again. Not really throwing a fit over it (it's kinda fun to see how they work), but yeah, profiling goes all ways.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Sounds like we're on the same page, but I'm also pointing out that even if one group has real advantages, it doesn't mean their claims are less legitimate. In other words, when you demonize the evil oppressor than it's ok to just ignore their issues.

Also ha look an example, I think a white female is probably at an advantage over a white male for being stopped/searched by police. Especially younger. I get stopped and detained by the police surprisingly frequently. Young black guy would have it worse than me, probably.

Honestly I don't know how much that really bothers me. Men are more likely to be criminals. Hmm. Still. If I was a girl they'd probably just lecture me about being in a dangerous area at night wearing revealing clothing and then let me go instead of searching me for weapons and detaining me while they run my ID through the system while asking me intentionally confusing questions - again. Not really throwing a fit over it (it's kinda fun to see how they work), but yeah, profiling goes all ways.
Absolutely. I joke about how easily I could get away with transporting drugs if I didn't have ethical problems with such an occupation. I'm a forty-two year old plain-looking white woman who drives a Dodge Caravan. The odds of a cop searching my sto-and-go compartments are the next best thing to zero.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
one word to 1up them all...
too dangerous to say out loud...
or even write directly...

I'm not going to google that unless my kids tell me it's okay. :laugh: