• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feminism SUCKS.

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
i get the impression the OP is talking about the existing feminism as the movement in academia - a.k.a. gender studies, while most posters are commenting about feminism as the social-political movement it used to be.

...That's what I thought about feminism.

After I expressed it,I got insult.Are they nazi's?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe in equality for the genders, and would not politically support a preference for women having a dominant role over men. I tend to be flexible within a range of expressions of feminism even when it includes some overcompensation because of an awareness of the powerlessness of women throughout the world and throughout time. It is such a small fraction of humanity that has even considered gender equality. I've seen multiple cases of abused women still support male dominance over women. If some women overcompensate in the other direction, isn't that understandable? The context is different from a dominant demographic expecting privilege at the cost of others. The drawback to this compensation is that it legitimizes those arguments that say equality of human beings is somehow a flawed concept. For that reason I do not encourage feminists who seek domination over men, but feel zero anger at women who do when it is based on overcompensation. Equality and respect is the ideal.

S

Society

...That's what I thought about feminism.

After I expressed it,I got insult.Are they nazi's?

no (well, some of them might be, i dunno) - but i get the impression they are just thinking of something completely different when they think of feminism.

you seem to think of the feminist academic stance, a.k.a. "girls are nice and nurturing boys are mean bullies responsible for all the violent things (now let's give the shy girl anorexia)", while they are thinking of the historical feminist movement, which brought in equal voting rights, equal rights to own, study, work, bank, hold positions of power, etc'..

You'd get every female voting no.

yea but you'll have the males voting yes: leave us in the kitchen (with a dishwasher, a roomba and an x-box), use us as sex toys, then go out and bring in the money and buy us pretty stuff <3

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
you seem to think of the feminist academic stance, a.k.a. "girls are nice and nurturing boys are mean bullies responsible for all the violent things (now let's give the shy girl anorexia)", while they are thinking of the historical feminist movement, which brought in equal voting rights, equal rights to own, study, work, bank, hold positions of power, etc'..

I wasn't a women's studies major or anything but I did take some classes and read quite a bit of feminist academic writing, and I can honestly say that the bolded is not really even close to what feminist scholars/writers say. A small subset, perhaps. I never really met anybody who agreed with them, though.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

leave us in the kitchen (with a dishwasher, a roomba and an x-box), use us as sex toys, then go out and bring in the money and buy us pretty stuff <3

I never said that's what females should be doing. Who said I'm even a guy?

But the guys might think it was a good idea?

So either way it wouldn't be accurate right?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Made me wonder if unnamed was confusing the terms "feminist" and "feminine".

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
So either way it wouldn't be accurate right?
If you assume that forum feminists want a matriarchal society, but do not want people to know that's what they want, then it would not be an accurate poll. I have my doubts that such assumptions would be accurate, but can you ever truly know the deepest, darkest secrets of another person's heart? :shrug:

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
If some women overcompensate in the other direction, isn't that understandable?

OHSHIT1.png

Last time I heard about a statement like this,is about hate speech to another country.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last time I heard about a statement like this,is about hate speech to another country.
Would you be more specific?
That statement was not intended as an excuse-all which is why I specified that I don't support a position of inequality politically, but on a personal level I can extend sympathy in certain cases. Does that make sense?

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Would you be more specific?
That statement was not intended as an excuse-all which is why I specified that I don't support a position of inequality politically, but on a personal level I can extend sympathy in certain cases. Does that make sense?

They claimed "country X was did something so unfair to our country,personally,I don't feel use hate speech to dealing with their people is wrong,our country is worth of sympathy."

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
no (well, some of them might be, i dunno) - but i get the impression they are just thinking of something completely different when they think of feminism.

You make me remind nazi's glorify Hitler build highway.
They don't care the academic stance right or not,which nazi's care that?
They just attack people think different.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I dunno. I like not being considered property, having a right to an education, being allowed to own property and to vote, etc.
Woah there! Slow down now. Let's not get too crazy and get carried away with unreasonable demands.

:rolleyes:

W

WALMART

i get the impression the OP is talking about the existing feminism as the movement in academia - a.k.a. gender studies, while most posters are commenting about feminism as the social-political movement it used to be.

I think that's what I meant by "conceptually". I've personally never come across the type, that proverbial feminist woman that does things to men akin to what PETA does to fur wearers. I'd imagine them so few and far between I can write the subset off as being incapable of rationalizing the subject.

honestly, it seems perfectly natural that a cultural backlash will swing back and forth on different topics before reaching equilibrium. i mean, remember liberalism? let's just be grateful this didn't go the way of the first french revolution. social shifts aren't exactly linear process.

Makes sense. It'd be easy pickings for those of us that made it through ;)

i would just like to say: i want fur beddings. i have no idea how i am going to wash them, but god damn it i want them! can you imagine? going to bed every night on a fur cover under a fur blanket with fur pillow casing? how awesome would that be? best, sleep, ever...

2010_12_12_13-23-29-2-387-Possum-fur-blanket.jpg

You don't wash them, you go hunting >=)