• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is God Evil? Can we overthrow him?

Is God Evil? Can we overthrow him?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gaze upon how evil God's creation is. One day, we will overthrow God and destroy his creation to reforge it anew into a utopian paradise of a humanitarian design!

I

Infinite Bubble

Is this a serious question? Anyway: we don't get to decide whether God is good or evil, and I think that a God that can be categorised as either, isn't a God at all. We could not overthrow him; he could delete us or the entire universe in an instance if he so wished. And how would we destroy his creation when everything, down to the atoms of our very bodies, were created by God (allegedly). "Humanitarian design" is still God's design.

En Gallop

I don't agree with any of the options because I don't agree that Good and Evil actually exist.

Also, which God are we discussing?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
God is dead. He has been replaced.

Beorn

Permabanned
"And he said, "Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper."

How can you hope to overthrow one such as this?

Nicodemus

How can you hope to overthrow one such as this?
1907&v=fit512.jpg

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't agree with any of the options because I don't agree that Good and Evil actually exist.

Also, which God are we discussing?

I'm not treating this discussion that seriously, so the definitions are loose and open to your own personal interpretation. Good and evil is indeed very subjective, but just think about it this way: does God love you? If yes, then he is "good". If no, then he is "evil". Also, by God I mean the mind that created and controls this universe, kind of like what [MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] described. I honestly have no freaking clue how to visualize God, but I believe him to be some kind willpower force. His greatest sin of all was, as [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] said somewhere else, was creating the universe, because look at all of the bad junk in our world. This God is the spawn of evil! It is only logical then that he must be replaced, and to do so, we need to hack his creation, kind of like how a computer virus can destroy a computer (we are the viruses).

If it is not true it is very well invented.

S

Society

you really are going through the exact same questions i did at your age.. exact same ones.

I

Infinite Bubble

does God love you? If yes, then he is "good". If no, then he is "evil".

What if God neither loves nor hates? I think he should be in a state of neutrality. And what if God loves all the criminals too - who is to decide that they shouldn't be loved also; us, lowly humans?

I honestly have no freaking clue how to visualize God, but I believe him to be some kind willpower force.

There are a couple of ways I visualize his existence: As the universe itself, as in a pantheistic view. Another is an "ethereal" (hate using that word) substance that underlies all of existence, that is neither a form of life nor an inanimate object; something above either that is beyond our comprehension.

His greatest sin of all was, as [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] said somewhere else, was creating the universe, because look at all of the bad junk in our world.

With no bad there is no good.

I don't agree that Good and Evil actually exist.

Morality exists conceptually, but it is very subjective; a Human survival trait. But you're correct, objectively speaking there is no good or evil. Only in our minds.

En Gallop

Morality exists conceptually, but it is very subjective; a Human survival trait. But you're correct, objectively speaking there is no good or evil. Only in our minds.

Personally, I find the whole idea of morality - in the sense of "This is TRULY Right, or TRULY Wrong" - to be totally unfathomable. I just don't understand why most people can't SEE that. :D

Morality is basically a list of behaviours a certain society/group has found agreeable/disagreeable over time. Nothing more. If more people would understand that, and not stick to the other interpretation, we might actually be able to make ethics make sense.

En Gallop

I'm not treating this discussion that seriously, so the definitions are loose and open to your own personal interpretation. Good and evil is indeed very subjective, but just think about it this way: does God love you? If yes, then he is "good". If no, then he is "evil". Also, by God I mean the mind that created and controls this universe, kind of like what [MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] described. I honestly have no freaking clue how to visualize God, but I believe him to be some kind willpower force. His greatest sin of all was, as [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] said somewhere else, was creating the universe, because look at all of the bad junk in our world. This God is the spawn of evil! It is only logical then that he must be replaced, and to do so, we need to hack his creation, kind of like how a computer virus can destroy a computer (we are the viruses).

If it is not true it is very well invented.

I find it hard to understand why a god would have emotions or a lust for domination, so I can't answer that either haha.

I don't see how it's possible to "overthrow" a non-physical entity?

Surely a god would be an IT rather than a HE? Why would a god have a gender? :)

Beorn

Permabanned
Personally, I find the whole idea of morality - in the sense of "This is TRULY Right, or TRULY Wrong" - to be totally unfathomable. I just don't understand why most people can't SEE that. :D

Well, it's not wrong if they don't...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find it hard to understand why a god would have emotions or a lust for domination, so I can't answer that either haha.

If "it" feels nothing then it's experience of creation will not be joyous. Surely the Force has an ultimate purpose to realize, even if it uses evil means to achieve those ends. A life with no joy and no purpose to me is no life at all.

I don't see how it's possible to "overthrow" a non-physical entity?

This isn't based on political power structures; this is a question of which force of will has the power to control its own fate.

Surely a god would be an IT rather than a HE? Why would a god have a gender? :)

Yes, he could also also be called an it (notive how I used the term "it" earlier).

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if God neither loves nor hates? I think he should be in a state of neutrality. And what if God loves all the criminals too - who is to decide that they shouldn't be loved also; us, lowly humans?

If he doesn't love us he doesn't necessarily need to hate us, but I tend toward the position that he's somewhere between being neutral to us and hating us. I also think God should love everybody, but that doesn't mean he needs to give them the same rewards.

There are a couple of ways I visualize his existence: As the universe itself, as in a pantheistic view. Another is an "ethereal" (hate using that word) substance that underlies all of existence, that is neither a form of life nor an inanimate object; something above either that is beyond our comprehension.

I could see this, God being a quality manifested in creation, expressing his diverse attributes. He must have a lot of bad attributes though if this is completely the case.

With no bad there is no good.

It helps us to see the difference, and the bad can also refine us, so you may have a point there.

Yes, it's very much related to what you desire inside, what your life purpose and joy is, like I said a post earlier.