• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is God Evil? Can we overthrow him?

Is God Evil? Can we overthrow him?

• Total voters

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How dare you defy the almighty power of God! You will invoke his wrath so that he summons another great flood to wash all of your dirty wiskedness away. Heaven has no place for the unworthy.
:burns:

I like how the 5 folks so far who voted God is Evil and can be overthrown are members whos post I am more fond of.
So you're also among them, uh? :D:hug:

Beorn

Permabanned
Is this the same God who ordered Abraham to tie up his son Isaac and then slaughter him? Is this the same God who tortured his own son, Jesus, to death?

C'mon, your God is a compulsive and repetitive child abuser.

Your God is the nightmare of childhood.

:yawn:

Nobody makes clear the two tenets of atheism quite like Victor.

There is no God
and
I hate him.

Mole

Permabanned

I'm not an atheist but you keep calling me an atheist in order to insult me. And this is what the bullies do on Central, they deploy insults. But insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

Mole

Permabanned
I think that's your God is the nightmare of childhood Victor

If you care to read the first few commandments you will find we are commanded to love someone we fear.

And this is precisely the demand made by child abusers to children: to love someone they fear.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this the same God who ordered Abraham to tie up his son Isaac and then slaughter him? Is this the same God who tortured his own son, Jesus, to death?
No. That was the Roman soldiers.

Mole

Permabanned
No. That was the Roman soldiers.

In the Garden of Gethsemene, Jesus begged his Father not to torture him to death, but Dad turned a deaf ear.

And gosh, it was the New Testament which blamed the torture and death of Jesus on the Jews. And fuelled by this blood libel at Easter, the good Christians would go out and have a progrom against the Jews, until the final pogrom and the final solution: the holocaust.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In the Garden of Gethsemene, Jesus begged his Father not to torture him to death, but Dad turned a deaf ear.

And gosh, it was the New Testament which blamed the torture and death of Jesus on the Jews. And fuelled by this blood libel at Easter, the good Christians would go out and have a progrom against the Jews, until the final pogrom and the final solution: the holocaust.
Where is it written that his father tortured him?
No. He asked his father to let the cup that was handed him pass. Because he knew the Romans were going to kill him. The Roman soldiers killed his body.

Mole

Permabanned
Where is it written that his father tortured him?
No. He asked his father to let the cup that was handed him pass. Because he knew the Romans were going to kill him. The Roman soldiers killed his body.

The blood libel against the Jews began with Matthew 27:25 when the Jews replied, "Let his (Jesus) blood be upon us and upon our children".

Beorn

Permabanned
I'm not an atheist but you keep calling me an atheist in order to insult me. And this is what the bullies do on Central, they deploy insults. But insults are against the rules and may lead to banning.

Is there a God, Victor?

Do you hate him?

Mole

Permabanned
Is there a God, Victor?

Do you hate him?

Agnosticism is my formal philosophical position and it does not preclude the suspension of disbelief in religion or art or movies.

In other words, my intellectual integrity has led me to agnosticism, but my imagination leads me to religion and art and the movies.

So my Agnosticism does not preclude that leap of imagination, or indeed that leap of faith, that is so necessary to suspend disbelief.

Beorn

Permabanned
Agnosticism is my formal philosophical position and it does not preclude the suspension of disbelief in religion or art or movies.

In other words, my intellectual integrity has led me to agnosticism, but my imagination leads me to religion and art and the movies.

So my Agnosticism does not preclude that leap of imagination, or indeed that leap of faith, that is so necessary to suspend disbelief.

You didn't answer the second question.

G

Ginkgo

:yawn:

There is no God
and
I hate him.

I get exactly where you're coming from, but I think it's more logical that an agnostic who mediates between atheistic and theistic ideas would refer to these two tenets.

Still, it's a good criticism for one's lack of intellectual integrity.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you believe there is a god, then saying you'll overthrow this god is complete insanity since you will someday die, and your city may even lie in ruins under the beautiful briny sea.

842751002731.jpg

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Until now,no one voted "God is Evil and cannot be overthrown.",except me.
If there's a supernatural and kind-hearted god in the place we can't see,why god allow people suffer ?
So there is no god or god is not kind-hearted,maybe god allow people suffer
JustForFun.jpg
Anyway ,human just keeping create gods,so god cannot be overthrown.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Until now,no one voted "God is Evil and cannot be overthrown.",except me.
If there's a supernatural and kind-hearted god in the place we can't see,why god allow people suffer ?
So there is no god or god is not kind-hearted,maybe god allow people suffer
JustForFun.jpg
Anyway ,human just keeping create gods,so god cannot be overthrown.

Probably because people who have never experienced suffering are assholes.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The blood libel against the Jews began with Matthew 27:25 when the Jews replied, "Let his (Jesus) blood be upon us and upon our children".

That's the Jews assuming responsibility for something.
The ones who used the murder weapons were the Roman soldiers.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My new title below my username is "God's Willpower Unleashed"!