• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?"

In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Marm, that's funny. You sound like me. All up in the internet requiring that other people accept you believe something of substance. They're supposed to take action aren't they. They're supposed to know that since you believe it, it's amounts to a discovery of truths independent of you that can be shared.

This is (part of) why I tend to focus on differences of perception and judgment. Those preferences for other ways of thinking, doing and seeing not infrequently put a stop to the sharing of these discovered truths that were independent of you. This question of how to make your own subjectively subjective subjectivities into real purpose and plan, and how it gets thwarted by other people so lets shout some more and make it louder....

Welcome to the club.

Kalach, I do sound like you, and that is my point, is that INTJs often DO sound like me....just inside out. I've been saying this. A ton. I also acknowledged when talking to Peace Baby that we all want to complain about other people not understanding our world view, whether we value realistic consequences or imagination more.

You always make a ton of sense to me, for some reason I follow you a lot more easily than some people; IN FACT you are one of the few people on this forum capable of teaching me things or making me see things in a totally different way without making me upset about something.

Even my annoyance with your Ni/Si obsession never goes past the dial of annoyance. I'm never gonna flip out on you. It's not gonna happen. It reminds me of how I could listen to and take instruction from my ENTJ friend IRL without being very offended, and actually being amused or calmed by it.

So either you're wrong about ENFPs being able to understand INTJs, or I'm some kind of SFP.

Take your pick Kalach, but in doing so, you'll have to admit you made a mistake in your math problem somewheres.

Nicodemus

Then let the past shine a light (relevant to things discussed in this thread and your problem with tolerance):

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38482&page=7&p=1433195&viewfull=1#post1433195 (Marm about rape)
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...8482&page=16&p=1434165&viewfull=1#post1434165 (Marm about thought-tolerance)

And, no, you do not see clearly now; you did then.

You're even trying to blame me for you choosing to not say something nice.
I blame you for writing the second response to my post, which is full of blame and wrong interpretations, while the first was so open-eared.

You keep following me around and quoting me, I'll report you. Period.
This is an open forum, not your thread or blog. You cannot order me about. If you want to spread nonsense in public, you, like anyone else, must accept the consequences.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Then let the past shine a light (relevant to things discussed in this thread and your problem with tolerance):

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38482&page=7&p=1433195&viewfull=1#post1433195 (Marm about rape)
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...8482&page=16&p=1434165&viewfull=1#post1434165 (Marm about thought-tolerance)

And, no, you do not see clearly now; you did then.

I blame you for writing the second response to my post, which is full of blame and wrong interpretations, while the first was so open-eared.

This is an open forum, not your thread or blog. You cannot order me about. If you want to spread nonsense in public, you, like anyone else, must accept the consequences.

Nico what you're doing is called flaming and trolling, even if you're Te enough to stop yourself from getting upset enough to use personal insults.

It is you who is ordering me about. Now consider yourself reported.

This is the last time I'm responding. Every time you quote me from now on, I will report you.

Nicodemus

No, Marm, it is called arguing. You only think it is personal trolling because you make your feelings the topic of any discussion you enter.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I asked you repeatedly to leave me alone in a public place, even if it wasn't my private home, I could find legal ways to keep you away from me.

I don't know why you think the forum is so different from real life. I wonder if you think it's cool to bug people IRL who ask you to leave them alone, when they aren't talking to you first. Probably not.

Nicodemus

If this were a public place, what you are doing here would be like shouting in the faces of all passers-by. And since you run around and into every corner of the place, you invite, if not demand, reactions.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nope. There's an ignore feature. And it was working pretty well for ignoring you until you started quoting me. Perhaps you should learn from that example.

So ridiculous, such illogical arguments from an INTJ.

Nicodemus

I don't use the ignore function. But, just out of curiosity, how do you usually ignore the running face-shouters in public places?

En Gallop

I'm confused by this thread... :)

What does Morality have to do with the Excitement of something? I'd think it was irrelevant, so I can't understand why it keeps getting brought up lol.

MBTI Type
INTJ

What does Morality have to do with the Excitement of something? I'd think it was irrelevant, so I can't understand why it keeps getting brought up lol.

You are right to be confused...morality has less than nothing to do with any of this. Unless you think speculation can be immoral, which some people do.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not much, but moralists are linear and don't accept the fact that it's possible for a reasonable person to link some aspects of a large scale tragedy with the word exciting.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not much, but moralists are linear and don't accept the fact that it's possible for a reasonable person to link some aspects of a large scale tragedy with the word exciting.

Or simply what so many other people have suggested, that some of us equate the word "exciting" with something fun or positive, so thinking nuclear war gives someone a hard on is a bit unsettling.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm just explaining, as other people have been explaining that they don't mean the word "exciting" in a positive light. You know, I've attempted to clearly explain my initial reaction, it would be nice if you acknowledged that.

En Gallop

You are right to be confused...morality has less than nothing to do with any of this. Unless you think speculation can be immoral, which some people do.

Lol you mean some people believe just THINKING ABOUT something can be immoral? How do they know it's immoral if they haven't thought about it though??

En Gallop

Or simply what so many other people have suggested, that some of us equate the word "exciting" with something fun or positive, so thinking nuclear war gives someone a hard on is a bit unsettling.

The question is not "Should we have a nuclear war?" or "Is nuclear war a good/fun thing?". It's simply about the level of excitement/interest. I think we can all agree that a nuclear war is more exciting than buying peas, for example? :)

G

Glycerine

Well, "exciting" wasn't defined. Excitement is often associated with pleasure and fun. If one finds something pleasurable, they must like it to some degree. In extension, if one finds nuclear war "exciting", they are implying that they like the idea of nuclear war which says something about one's morals. I think that's how the connection between excitement and morality within this context was made. :shrug:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The question is not "Should we have a nuclear war?" or "Is nuclear war a good/fun thing?". It's simply about the level of excitement/interest. I think we can all agree that a nuclear war is more exciting than buying peas, for example? :)

Well clearly I'm interested in nuclear war if I've talked about it this much, and bothered to be so informed about the reality of it; and I think my admission of somehow discovering that I found Russians exciting means that there was a part of me that understands romanticizing war.

However, like so many other people responded, in the long-term, no nuclear war is not "exciting" in any kind of positive or fun way. No more than I would find the reality of being gang raped by some strange men exciting in a positive or fun way.

I even tried to explain to Rasofy quite a few pages back that even when women have rape fantasies, they tend to want to be "raped" by a very particular man or men when they're turned on, which makes it actually not rape, but simply being sexually dominated by someone you find attractive.

And so then I explained that the REALITY was so appalling that I even found fantasizing about it pretty gross.

And HEY, because of my reaction, it caused people to really explain and defend their responses, which means I learned what they really meant, and hopefully they learned from me too.

Having a strong reaction can stimulate conversation, it causes people to think in a different way.

It's one of the reasons I considered being ENFj in Socionics: using Fe to excite and manipulate a response.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm just explaining, as other people have been explaining that they don't mean the word "exciting" in a positive light. You know, I've attempted to clearly explain my initial reaction, it would be nice if you acknowledged that.
What I acknowledge is the fact that you aren't really listening to people - a mindset that usually precedes your bans, btw.

I could probably have gotten you perma banned if I had pushed you a bit more and reported.

So don't be an easy target, otherwise someone is gonna make you lose it soon enough.

I'd recommend more yoga classes.