• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

For or against?

Little_Sticks

And these ideas are simply wrong. If you want to find out why they are wrong, pick up a book on psychometrics.

No Victor. To measure reality, we must first perceive what is to be measured. Without an idea of what something is, we can not even begin to rationalize it in a scientific sense. Your psychometrics are useless to someone that doesn't find the perceptions it bases its measurements upon to be right or accurate. And your failure to accept science can be fallible is starting to draw you as not only a charlatan, but a fool.

Mole

Permabanned
No Victor. To measure reality, we must first perceive what is to be measured. Without an idea of what something is, we can not even begin to rationalize it in a scientific sense. Your psychometrics are useless to someone that doesn't find the perceptions it bases its measurements upon to be right or accurate. And your failure to accept science can be fallible is starting to draw you as not only a charlatan, but a fool.

Like so many here you finally resort to insults, calling me a charlatan and a fool. Well, fortunately insults are against the rules here and may lead to banning.

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you spend more time thinking about what you are "for" or "in favour" of or what you are "against" or "not in favour of"? Does it form your politics or determine your vote or even shape your opinion of other people and the likelihood of interacting with them?

I rarely think of either of those but basically I'm more inclined to be more "for". It's live and let live as long as they don't get in my way, I guess I have little need to be against anything except perhaps unnecessary obstacles that are against me :D

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm neutral until things are put in my face, and then my J comes out.

I really don't think about being for or against anything until somebody puts something out there to me, at which point I will tell them if I am for or against. Or uncertain.

Also my 'against' is not a very strong one, because I know people are going to do what they do anyway even if I think it's wrong. Honestly, when I say I'm for or against something, most of the time I don't even expect it to change - it's simply my refusal to be silently complicit.