• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Benedict 16th and Mea Culpa

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Citizenship is of a particular country. There is no international citizenship.

And if we don't have a citizenship of a particular country, we are stateless. And this is not a fate I would wish on anyone.

And of course countries are sovereign. Only countries can make sovereign decisions, no one else can.

Good countries protect the vulnerable and the weak. Good countries protect women and children.

Liberal democracy only flourishes in particular countries.

And of course our country is our home.

Nationalism is a very Romantic sentiment, based upon Romantic values.

Romantic Nationalism

Mole

Permabanned
The Royal Commission into Child Abuse is sitting in Canberra as I write and taking evidence from victims and perpetrators.

And the evidence is making it plain that the Roman Catholic Church is sociopathic and criminal.

A Royal Commission cannot prosecute anyone, its purpose is to uncover the extent of sociopathic and criminal institutions.

Only two countries in the world have judicial enquiries into institutional child abuse, and they are Ireland and Australia. The rest of the world remains in deliberate ignorance of the extent of institutional child abuse in order to protect the powerful.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Royal Commission into Child Abuse is sitting in Canberra as I write and taking evidence from victims and perpetrators.

And the evidence is making it plain that the Roman Catholic Church is sociopathic and criminal.

A Royal Commission cannot prosecute anyone, its purpose is to uncover the extent of sociopathic and criminal institutions.

Only two countries in the world have judicial enquiries into institutional child abuse, and they are Ireland and Australia. The rest of the world remains in deliberate ignorance of the extent of institutional child abuse in order to protect the powerful.

I don't know why you keep bringing up this chestnut. It doesn't offend me.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't know why you keep bringing up this chestnut. It doesn't offend me.

It's not a chestnut. Just around the corner from me the Royal Commission is taking evidence.

The Royal Commission has been taking evidence all around Australia and now they are taking evidence here, and we are hearing about it every day.

The Royal Commission is inquiring into 1,000 institutions in Australia regarding child abuse. Yes, 1,000, so this is very big. And this is equally big in other countries, but countries other than Ireland and Australia wish to protect the guilty.

Yesterday the Royal Commission wrote to the Pope asking to send copies of documents held in the Vatican detailing the crimes against children by clergy.

But even today the Vatican has commanded the clergy not to report child sexual abuse to the police unless the mandated by the laws of that particular country. And there are vast numbers of countries without mandatory reporting.

Our first duty is to protect children. And the first duty of the State is to protect children, not protect the guilty.

Mole

Permabanned
The Origin of Personality

Okay. Suddenly the obssession with Wind In The Willows makes sense.

Wind in the Willows, is my first book, of more importance is Dr Alice Miller and her book For Your Own Good and others.

Dr Miller traces the roots of personality to child rearing practices, as does Dr Lloyd DeMause in his book, Foundations of Psychohistory.

We can read, For Your Own Good, on http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvindgupta/alicemiller.pdf

And we can read, The Foundations of Psychohistory, on http://www.psychohistory.com/htm/contents.htm

As this is a site devoted to the psychology of personality it seems we should be interested in the origins of personality delineated in the books above.

Cygnus

Mea maxima culpa.

Nowadays a Catholic massgoer would utter those words either without understanding what they meant at all, or knowing their meaning but hearing them in Latin and perceiving them as different than the native tongue.

But what of the days in Rome when both the Catholic Church and the common people spoke Latin?
It would be saying, "It's my fault, it's my fault, holy shit it's my fault" over and over and over and over again.

Like a stern nurse hitting a child with a wooden spoon forcing them to sing "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere!"

Ugh, that accursed song is traumatizing.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Nowadays a Catholic massgoer would utter those words either without understanding what they meant at all, or knowing their meaning but hearing them in Latin and perceiving them as different than the native tongue.

But what of the days in Rome when both the Catholic Church and the common people spoke Latin?
It would be saying, "It's my fault, it's my fault, holy shit it's my fault" over and over and over and over again.

Like a stern nurse hitting a child with a wooden spoon forcing them to sing "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere!"

Ugh, that accursed song is traumatizing.

I personally love the language connections, like how this is clearly where we got culpable from.

But I love the idea of people chanting "holy shit it's my fault"

Mole

Permabanned
The Catholic Bishop of the Australian Armed Forces and Child Rape

As you know both Ireland and Australia have a Judicial Enquiry into Institutional Child Abuse.

Both these Enquiries are changing the minds of the Irish and Australians.

Both these Enquiries have power to enquire but not to prosecute, so it comes as a pleasant surprise to find the Australian Police have charged the Roman Catholic Bishop of the Australian Armed Forces with child rape.

The good Bishop of the Australian Armed Forces is innocent until proven guilty and will be given the best defence team of lawyers the money of the Roman Catholic Church can buy.

But the Australian Police would not charge such an important person of such an important institution as the Australian Armed Forces with a criminal offence unless they felt they had a very good chance of success.

Mole

Permabanned
Anglicans and MBTI

The Anglican Church has just admitted it aided and abetted child rape at the highest levels of the Church.

I went to an Anglican Service last Sunday and spoke to them afterwards and it is plain they felt it was more important to defend the institution of the Anglican Church than to protect children.

And it is the same here: we think it is more important to defend the institution of MBTI than to protect the gullible.