• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Steps Till God-Realization

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A. When intense yearning for God-realization is developed in a embodied soul, his spiritual practice starts in his subconscious mind.

B. On the strength of this spiritual practice, he can remain in communion with God even in sleep.

C. God helps him directly and indirectly in proportion to his yearning. His faith increases when he realizes the response given by God to his yearning and he craves to reach God.

D. He forgets himself due to this attraction towards God and his spiritual practice continues incessantly. His body-awareness is reduced and he starts experiencing latent bliss.

E. Slowly faith gets transformed into devotion: While doing spiritual practice he gets a different kind of bliss; but he is not aware of it. He only knows that he likes to do spiritual practice. Therefore the faith that he has in God gets slowly transformed into devotion. His spiritual practice and yearning for God-realization becomes so intense that he remembers God every moment forgetting himself and his ego. In this way, his mind, intellect and ego gets dissolved due to yearning and he develops devotion for God. With this devotion only he can merge with God. More the intensity of yearning for God realization, more God helps seekers to remove obstacles in gross and subtle form in his spiritual practice.

http://www.spiritualresearchfoundat...arch/spiritualpracticefordevelopingsixthsense

Forum thoughts or feelings on this information?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
There seem to be more and more of these out there alternative industries appearing. If they want to do science research, as they claim, they probably shouldn't know the answers before they perform the experiments.

Exploring the unexplained is interesting and I'm all for stranger forms of science, for example studying dreams, spirits, telepathy or anything else, as long as they do it in some way that is meaningful and impartial.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
God realization will be found in philosophy and cosmology, not in rituals.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I disagree with body awareness being reduced. In yoga body awareness is increased, you go from the gross to the subtle, in asanas you firm up your core and pelvic floor; you learn how to hang on with the edge of your foot and lift your arch. You think about your inner hip muscles, stuff other people don't think about, yogis think about small things that probably only dancers think about, I'm not sure other forms of athleticism are that subtle.

And it's all part of the spiritual practice. Asanas are but one of the limbs of yoga, but body awareness also must increase for pranayama, or breath practice, which is crucial to both physical health and meditation.

Otherwise I agree with it. I'm guessing that's making reference to complete ascetics?

I think that's only one way of worshiping god; I agree in the New Testament when it says some people eat only vegetables for God, and some feast, and some are circumcised and some are not, it doesn't matter how you get there but that you get there inside.

John the Baptist was more ascetic, Jesus was more apt to feast and drink wine and so forth.

The Buddah also experienced the two extremes himself on his spiritual path.

It's all about balance. I don't think asceticism should be over-emphasized as necessary to spiritual growth; it's the non-grasping that counts (not being gluttonous, or dependent, or over-reliant on any physical thing: sex as an end into itself, money as an end into itself, etc.)

Maybe asceticism makes more sense in Se rejecting types like INFJs, or something.

I mean I can see where it comes from, I don't see it as "necessary."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
God realization will be found in philosophy and cosmology, not in rituals.

Ah but rituals are the doorway for some people.

Max Strom divides spiritual seekers into three groups: the mental (i.e. knows how to translate sanskrit and can meditate for hours but isn't very passionately devoted and may have an unhealthy or unfit body), the emotional (i.e. imagine a really adamant evangelical Christian, or even a very helpful religious person who does a lot of good deeds...who has very little actual knowledge of what the Bible or their other holy book says or means), and the physical (very reliant on external rituals or imagery or are the most accomplished yogis, but couldn't tell you why intellectually and may also lack a certain emotional conviction).

Of course those are three very extreme examples. Most people are probably a balance of two. I think I really had to come in physically and emotionally through my yoga practice; Idgaf how anyone judges me, I had to learn to mediate and develop my spirituality in other ways, it was yoga that really brought me there, and there's nothing like being on my mat to bring me back to that place, and in that sense I am a physical type with need for ritual, and when I was younger I was attracted to external symbolism like ornate Catholic structures and pagan altars and charms. I also have no lack of emotional vigor for my ethics.

It's the intellectual part I've had to round out, it's what made everything "click" for me, was to really start understanding religious philosophy intellectually, then it all really made sense, but it was the "missing piece" for me. A year ago when I sat down to meditate it was an arduous task. That was really a year ago! Ha!

You're probably primary intellectual, secondary emotional; physical may be the missing piece for you. I'm not saying it should be rituals or yoga, but maybe in the way you revere your body as a temple in some way.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I believe that every sin, indeed, takes us away from God. So if you're an sx/sp, cleanse yourself of sin and potential sin by developing that tertiary so until it becomes the supporting instinct?

"In Spirituality, the knowledge in words has only 2% importance while 98% importance lies in experiencing what is explained by those words." Do you think they're just confused, Marm?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont want union with God, Id rather sex(union) with the goddess then after were done Id send her away like the harlot she is.