User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Miracles

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I find the idea of a fallible god, epic ongoing celestial battle between good and evil, angels and demons, god and satan kind of exciting in a science fictioney/comic bookey kind of way.
    Have you read Golden Compass series? It's not exactly how you describe, but it is pretty epic and exciting.

ornery ornithologist captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    A highly improbable, favorable outcome, usually the result of a coincidence.

They happen.

This. Nothing supernatural.

Jarlaxle/Mane: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Given that I believe in a completely sovereign God I try not to make much of a distinction between things that can only be ascribed to supernatural activity and anything else that occurs in reality. Everything is a miracle. Simply because we might understand part of the means by which something comes about shouldn't make something any less amazing then if we didn't understand it at all. A one year old child opening it's mouth to speak is no less a work of God and no less amazing than an ass opening its mouth to speak.
    Preach. Truthsayer. For sure.
    All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.
    Chapter IV, p. 448. - Adam Smith, Book 3, The Wealth of Nations

whether or not you credit psychoanalysis itself, the fact remains that we all must, to the greatest extent possible, understand one another's minds as our own; the very survival of humanity has always depended on it. - Open Culture

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    TiNe

A miracle is a phenomenon which surpasses reality, or which is a possible outcome, but to such a tiny chance of succes that it is a phenomenon quite unbelievable.

I believe in miracles, such as a revalidation of a cancerpatient. But not in terms of the 'impossible'. E.G. if someone could fly - without an aeroplane or other attributes - that would be a miracle - but it's unrealistic. SO yes and no.
    That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet~~ Shakespeare W.
    Pi is the number of my life, forever and ending.
    Reading is like meeting a new world, or even better: the world that is supposed to be.

Phlegmatic
    5w6 (60%) OR 7w6(40%) (I get both quite a lot on tests) Chakra: Root, Throat, Third Eye, Crown (open) - Rest (closed)
    Trifix: 5w6, 1w2, 3w2.
    INTP: I(87,5%)N(74%)T(91%)P(56%)
    Ti - Ne
    ENFP/J's