• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Willful ignorance does not result in knowledge

netzealot

redundant descriptor
MBTI Type
ISTP
It only baits people into joining onto grounds of discussion within which no room has been left for the truth. Like a person may unwittingly become a therapist to someone who plays the victim and only enable their self-victimization, so anyone who participates becomes the teacher to the willfully ignorant person and enables them in their stupidity.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.
(Proverbs 26:4-5)

Yet we live in a society that says, "there are no wrong questions", and constantly encourages everyone to reduce to the lowest common denominator instead of the other way around.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For one who has willful ignorance, you counter it with irony.

For those who are willing to question, you teach them not by giving these people an answer, but you teach them by giving these people more questions.

The only wrong question is a question not asked and a question not given. As a question not asked is a question not answered and knowledge not gained.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.
(Proverbs 26:4-5)

Am I not allowed to be the therapist if that is the irony of the situation? Should the victim accept what is rather than what could be? Should the victim question their beliefs instead of confide to them as a victim? Do I stoop to his level by being a therapist? Do I stoop to his level by not imparting knowledge? Or I am just using the irony of the situation for someone who can't be helped if he doesn't question himself? If you are a cynic, the therapist is the joker, and the victim is the joked.

A therapist is not there to give the person an answer, but he is very much there for the victim to give a predetermined answer. If the victim wants to talk to a wall, that is the victim's path, as a therapist job is just to listen, not answer.

Now I am starting to understand why [MENTION=3325]Victor[/MENTION] is always so "cryptic" with the way he types.