• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Life's Questions (Image Heavy)

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
YcQ9r.jpg

JwKie.jpg

6WCg5.jpg

q2rfq.jpg

i99eU.jpg

QTJT2.jpg

bS5Zh.jpg

hQjjf.jpg

G6s0m.jpg

5JFMl.jpg

vYEYB.jpg

5vMNq.jpg

gW1mq.jpg

r29Ct.jpg

UqaAB.jpg

wr220.jpg

m2Wgr.jpg

fgUUd.jpg

Thoughts? :)

Permabanned
I enjoyed that. :yes:
Questioning is ever present in my mind, so it resonated. :D

EDIT: also, clever use of imagery through cartoon characters expression and dramatic interaction dynamic for captivating the audience, it beats a sterile and boring WoT. :thumbup:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was definitely worth reading, thanks for sharing.

Getting too attached to the questions leads to inaction, and getting too attached to the answers leads to inflexibility.

So we need to find our personal point of balance.

Mbti-wise, sounded like a conversation between a 9w1 INFP and an 1w9 ENTJ.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
This almost makes me imagine being at a magic show and somebody invariably says "Bah! That's nothing! There's a mirror over there."

Of course there is, you genius, thanks for ruining the mood. Now, hope that somebody is able to pry my hands from around your neck in time!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sad that they lost their friendship. :( It seemed like a perfect one.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was definitely worth reading, thanks for sharing.

Getting too attached to the questions leads to inaction, and getting too attached to the answers leads to inflexibility.

So we need to find our personal point of balance.

Mbti-wise, sounded like a conversation between a 9w1 INFP and an 1w9 ENTJ.

This.

Also, I think our one-eyed friend doesn't seem to realize that we'll never have "definitive" answers for some things in life as life is constantly changing and evolving which means there will always be new challenges and therefore new questions. So his fear is a little exaggerated.

Good read though, I enjoyed it :)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
This.

Also, I think our one-eyed friend doesn't seem to realize that we'll never have "definitive" answers for some things in life as life is constantly changing and evolving which means there will always be new challenges and therefore new questions. So his fear is a little exaggerated.

Good read though, I enjoyed it :)
Actually one-eyed wingy dude pretty much said that himself. :)

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually one-eyed wingy dude pretty much said that himself. :)

He mentioned something along those lines, but the take away that I had from it is that he didn't really seem to understand that

xisnotx

Permabanned
Thoughts vs actions.

(Keeping it physical).

Thoughts can't hurt another, but they can't help another either. Actions can hurt another, but they can also help another.
Is it better to be sure of not hurting, but also, not helping...or is helping, even at the risk of hurting, more appropriate?

How can you be sure your help isn't actually hurting? You give a bum a dollar on the street...did you help him, or did you hurt him?

What matters more? Hurt or help?

(I've given change to a bum out of spite...because that money, it doesn't help him...it conditions him to want help from me...)

As usual....we need to get off this planet. To the moon, lets go! lolol

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Thoughts vs actions.

(Keeping it physical).

Thoughts can't hurt another, but they can't help another either. Actions can hurt another, but they can also help another.
Is it better to be sure of not hurting, but also, not helping...or is helping, even at the risk of hurting, more appropriate?

How can you be sure your help isn't actually hurting? You give a bum a dollar on the street...did you help him, or did you hurt him?

What matters more? Hurt or help?

(I've given change to a bum out of spite...because that money, it doesn't help him...it conditions him to want help from me...)

As usual....we need to get off this planet. To the moon, lets go! lolol

Everything rides on a continuum of hurt or help. Some times help hurts and some times hurt helps.

Imagine when a mother and father are trapped in a house that is burning down and they throw their baby out the window. It's trading off imminent death for just possible survival. Some babies have survived that. Some have not. But you don't have time to ask if it's worth it.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The thing that I didn't like was that the answer dude did have a point about worthless questions. If you hyperfocus on questions that are incapable of being answered or on questions that ask about non-existent objects or objects which we have no current capability of interacting with then your focus can be pulled from more actionable questions that may help you uncover answers that help to illuminate new ways of asking old questions so that you can progress.

Lark

I like the artwork, it is very, er, imaginative, I dont think the dialogue was as good.

A

Anew Leaf

Wonderful [MENTION=14676]Ism[/MENTION]! The Dialogue was very interesting and gave me lots to think about. *brains eats the snacks and burps with bulging belly filled with bits of knowledge*

W

WALMART

Fantastic. I still TL;DR'd it, but it got more R than most things over 200 words.

I like the artwork, it is very, er, imaginative, I dont think the dialogue was as good.

Definitely wasn't STJ food.

netzealot

redundant descriptor
MBTI Type
ISTP
I have met people such as eyeball guy and they are always too self-absorbed to even know what questions are worth asking. The cartoonist clearly writes eyeball guy from his own perspective and this cartoon is just a way for he/she to vent his frustrations with what I'm sure they view as a vastly less intelligent common population. (see: the fish is kept a step behind in the conversation, dresses in old fashioned clothing, and the pet fish on a leash implying that the fish character is just a sheep held captive by some kind of ominous form of mind control which is out to repress the author's freedom. The protagonist is illustrated as a giant eyeball, something often associated with intelligence).

The truth is, they are lonely and isolated because they are self-absorbed, not because they are intelligent. Look at how eyeball guy cranes over his box if you don't believe me... and he's supposed to be wildly creative and dynamically in-tune with the universe? How can you be so if you're wrapped around something so small and self-centered. Without some common sense to challenge his notions, he'd no doubt spend too much of his time craning over his box of pseudo-intellectualistic "questions" to have any meaningful knowledge of the universe.

Ugh. I can't stand people like this... if they spent less time trying to be deep and interesting, they might actually become interesting in some way.

On a more meta level, I find this cartoon says more about the cartoonist than they intended... how they choose to vent through a medium such as this extended dialogue (which I'm sure they have had with themselves) one that cannot be answered to or challenged by anyone in real life. Any person with awareness sees the problem where a single mortal individual has total control over an environment to such an extent they get to play both sides and always go uncontested, yet the author is too dull to see the problem with that... much like eyeball guy and his box of "questions". All of our social advances hinge on the opposite being true--government (democracy), economy (anti-monopoly), etc.

Unless you're willing to say things like that are the product of ignorance, then you've gotta admit that there is nothing intelligent about this delusional, self-centered view of reality... and that's all it is, a superficial plea for attention, a poor attempt at being "deep" and interesting, which ironically proves to be the opposite--dig into it and you find there's nothing beyond the veneer.

The truth is, anybody can ask questions. There's nothing special about that... answers are not hinged upon questions, so much as asking the right questions hinges upon knowledge first, and and so the relevancy of the answer also hinges upon knowledge and leads to more knowledge. People who disagree with this usually bring up something like scientific theory, and they are missing the purpose (a recurring problem) of scientific theory is to ask questions correctly so that the answer has meaning. That is why when you dig past this pseudo-intellectual junk you find nothing... just questions, no knowledge, and therefore no relevant, meaningful answers. It's not special or obscure either, it's just nihilism, which is ironically devoid of meaning as much as it so claims that everything is without meaning. It stinks of narcissism.

How does that work, huh? If this character is supposed to be so deep and full of meaning, how come they are a nihilist? How are they a nihilist you ask? Because they nurse the belief that there ultimately is no ultimate answers, only ultimate questions, and if there is no ultimate answers then it must be because there is no meaning to act as a frame of reference to answer(v.). If you believe there is no meaning in life, you're a nihilist. In case you didn't know, nihilism is stupid, because since it purports there is no meaning, and therefore no answers, that there must also be no answers and therefore no knowledge, and what is the opposite of knowledge? Ignorance. Nihilism is simply embracing ignorance and calling it a philosophy, or like the author, shrouding it in a cartoon. Why even ask questions if there's no knowledge? There's only one reason to do that, and that's to indulge yourself in mental masturbation. Like real masturbation, though, it's just you. It's a fantasy, too... 'cause guess what... lots of people are ignorant and live without purpose and they don't even know it. You probably are frustrated with such people on a daily basis without realizing they don't seek answers either, just like you. The only difference is you've labeled your ignorance... as if it would make it somehow more meaningful (something you don't believe in, right?) so in a way you're even dumber and less aware than they are.

And that is exactly how this comic, it's author, and eyeball dude strikes me... ignorant. Too ignorant to ever realize it.