• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Aphrodite and You on Siddhartha Gautama Buddha~

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
"Brother in the faith," you say? Like an organized church?
Like an establishment?

Like coercion?

How can man eat man when all people are alone and independent?

I do not endorse any of things you levy against me as part of having a spiritual brother.

I wonder if you quote me out of context:
It is not that you have a brother in the same faith. It is the point of how this particular faith describes and allows for 'the love of one's brother'.

1Jn_4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1Jn_4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

So: I am not referring to organised establishment at all; I'm asking as to the doctrine's position on relationship between those offering their spirit in accordance with the doctrine; and how much real support and autonomy is truly supported in that bond (according to the [particular] faith [under scrutiny]).

Of course a doctrine can be supported by a community being made up of various roles and offices (to just have leader and follower designations does not a community make); which will involve a kind of "establishment": in my church, each member contains all the gifts of all the offices;- each member can have visions and dreams, can prophesy. Often the prophet calls on others to prophecy and to access this gift. Because you cannot understand an office, unless the gift resides inside you also. The body of Christ is made up of members in particular, if there is but one member- s/he can be a member in particular (and so all circumstance is covered for) this was part of a teaching given by an Elder on a Sunday.

But my church is quite different from a lot of other forms of Christianity in its doctrine. We are not waiting for anything, we believe in Emmanuel (God with flesh); we have a clear distinction between spiritual understanding and natural understanding: the Priest has told me twice that Joseph is Jesus's natural (biological) father. We see Genesis chapter 1 as the story of the mind's development in man; we believe that God is a Word. This is an insight that John brought to Genesis in the New Testament. The biggest test of faith is: can you believe the spirit of God lives inside the corruptible flesh of someone else.

Holy

until you're fully grown
MBTI Type
PURE
This could get long quick :cry:
Apologies, man. ノ*゜▽゜*)

Nah, not rude. That is what attracted me to the philosophies as well, learning a lot of my irreligious attitude was compatible (maybe even necessary) with what they have to teach.
Ah, okay, we agree. I try to clarify or soften my tone sometimes. It's misinterpreted a lot.

I wonder what you typed, once upon a time before purity. I don't think people are too particularly interested with discovering the whole piece, seems more of a way to identify your position and solidify your niche.
I lurked before I posted and was grateful to discover that I could hide my type. I've been on other MBTI boards and you've pretty much explained, much more succinctly, why I found most of those places unpleasant. I guess it's just a by-product of humans being humans. I might tell one day. The added anonymity is fairly liberating and too good to pass up for the time being.

Interesting. I've never heard of that one either, lol. Brooding and discomfort is my thing, but I don't know if I could handle it apart from my own thoughts. I tend to avoid teh feels in stories for that reason, heh.
This is really understandable. I relate stories like that sickeningly well, but I have definitely been avoiding them decent chunk of time.

I presume you speak of Akira? Of course. Existentialism is all my territory consists of.
Yes and, that's not a bad territory at all.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Thanks for the descriptions. I just disagree with what I've perceived as 'Buddhist teachings' in the past (whether they were actually from The Buddha, I don't know, but I would assume so) that we should detach from everything, so that we don't have desire, so that we don't suffer. Not everyone can go live by themselves for years at a time. :) Especially mothers. And fathers, though he did. No where in the bible does it say it's holy or good to be silent and withdrawn. No, we are made to be together, and that implies that we should not detach. Yet when we let go of our own ego, it is easier to adapt to others in a healthy way. I had the consciousness this past few months, that in order to forego some of the pain associated with living and loving others, I needed to annihilate my ego and be filled simply and purely with God's love and will for me. This was the closest I have come to what others might call a zen state. Besides when I am just in a relaxed, meditative moment.

So, ironically, it's not when we detach from others that makes living with others less painful, it's when we detach from ourselves-and our ego fixations-that makes all the difference...

detatching from ourselves isnt good. /see unhealthy enneagram 5 and 8

The way I see it is we need to actually get in touch with ourselves MORE. Hence jung describing coming to terms with our shadow AND jesus telling us that he loves us for the evil sinners we naturally are.

Too many people use religion as a RATIONALIZATION for what they already are: ie the person who has no desire or drive in life chooses buddhism to feel good about themselves. The wreckless esfp estps choose christianity because "GODS GOT MY BACK LEZ DO THIS LEEEEROYYYY"

Holy

until you're fully grown
MBTI Type
PURE
detatching from ourselves isnt good. /see unhealthy enneagram 5 and 8

The way I see it is we need to actually get in touch with ourselves MORE. Hence jung describing coming to terms with our shadow AND jesus telling us that he loves us for the evil sinners we naturally are.

Too many people use religion as a RATIONALIZATION for what they already are: ie the person who has no desire or drive in life chooses buddhism to feel good about themselves. The wreckless esfp estps choose christianity because "GODS GOT MY BACK LEZ DO THIS LEEEEROYYYY"

Ahahaha, I'm sorry I'm just going to be blunt: You know absolutely (( nothing )) about Buddhism okay (ノ>▽<。)ノ