• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Your Philosophy?

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Pretty cool test I just found. Not sure that it is 100% accurate, however it is interesting. :) Here are my results:
http://www.okcupid.com/quizzy/results?quizzyid=13372526327873131397&userid=16069280320038470639

N-A-R
You scored 89% Non-Reductionism, 56% Epistemological Absolutism, and 11% Moral Objectivism!
You are an N-A-R: a metaphysical Non-Reductionist, an epistemological Absolutist, and a moral Relativist. If you are simply dying inside to figure out what all this mumbo-jumbo means, then simply continue reading.

Here is the test if you want to take it:
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-sublime-philosophical-crap-test

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You scored 44% Non-Reductionism, 100% Epistemological Absolutism, and 56% Moral Objectivism!

Out of the two choices they give for each, I chose the following.

Non-Reductionism: Monism
Absolutism: Rationalism
Objectivism: Kantian Deontologism

Nicodemus

N-A-R

You scored 67% Non-Reductionism, 56% Epistemological Absolutism, and 22% Moral Objectivism!

Within

Permabanned
N-S-R

You scored 89% Non-Reductionism, 44% Epistemological Absolutism, and 33% Moral Objectivism!

Also, I found this to be rather amusing;

After demonstrating his existence with complete certainty with the proposition "I think, therefore I am", Descartes walks into a bar, sitting next to a gorgeous priest.
The priest asks Descartes, "Would you like a drink?" Descartes responds, "I think not," and then proceeds to vanish in a puff of illogic.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N-S-R
You scored 100% Non-Reductionism, 44% Epistemological Absolutism, and 11% Moral Objectivism!
You are an N-S-R: a metaphysical Non-Reductionist, an epistemological Skeptic, and a moral Relativist.

That seems Ni-Fe, all right.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your result for The Sublime Philosophical Crap Test ...
N-S-O
You scored 67% Non-Reductionism, 22% Epistemological Absolutism, and 78% Moral Objectivism!

You are an N-S-O: a metaphysical Non-Reductionist, an epistemological Skeptic, and a moral Objectivist.​

As you can see, when your philosophical position is narrowed down there are so many potential categories that an OKCupid test cannot account for them all. But, taken as very broad categories or philosophical styles, you are best characterized as an N-S-O. Your exact philosophical opposite would be an R-A-R.

You scored 67% on Metaphysics, higher than 48% of your peers.
You scored 22% on Epistemology, higher than 7% of your peers.
You scored 78% on Ethics, higher than 91% of your peers.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
R-A-R

You scored 33% Non-Reductionism, 56% Epistemological Absolutism, and 33% Moral Objectivism!

roman67

R-A-R

You scored 33% Non-Reductionism, 56% Epistemological Absolutism, and 33% Moral Objectivism!

This is valid argument.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
N-A-O

You scored 78% Non-Reductionism, 67% Epistemological Absolutism, and 56% Moral Objectivism!

ygolo

My termites win
N-A-R
You scored 56% Non-Reductionism, 67% Epistemological Absolutism, and 33% Moral Objectivism!

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You scored 44% Non-Reductionism, 56% Epistemological Absolutism, and 33% Moral Objectivism!

You are an R-A-R: a metaphysical Reductionist, an epistemological Absolutist, and a moral Relativist.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N-S-R
56% Non-Reductionism, 44% Epistemological Absolutism, and 11% Moral Objectivism

L

LadyLazarus

R-S-R
You scored 44% Non-Reductionism, 22% Epistemological Absolutism, and 33% Moral Objectivism!

*Pretends to understand* :yes:

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
N-A-O
Non-Reductionist, Epistemological Absolutist, Moral Objectivist

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N-S-R

You scored 89% Non-Reductionism, 44% Epistemological Absolutism, and 33% Moral Objectivism!

Of the two choices:

1. Idealist
2. Idealist (but not sure, could very easily be Subjectivist)
3. Subjectivist

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
N-S-R
You scored 67% Non-Reductionism, 44% Epistemological Absolutism, and 33% Moral Objectivism!

You are an N-S-R: a metaphysical Non-Reductionist, an epistemological Skeptic, and a moral Relativist.