• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you had three days to live and you still hadn't found your other half....

KDude

The major stages of life are birth, initiation, marriage and death.

Sometimes it's just birth and death. And sometimes just a lot of moments where creatures are in cages, smelling their own armpits.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Sometimes it's just birth and death. And sometimes just a lot of moments where creatures are in cages, smelling their own armpits.

Then you missed out.

It's the main difference. I didn't miss out on life. And I just started.

KDude

Then you missed out.

It's the main difference. I didn't miss out on life. And I just started.

Missed out on what? I'm relatively happy, I think. That's all that matters. Barring a world war, I don't need many external things to change it. And that's my main point. I could enjoy the last 3 days of my life without a hypothetical soulmate. There is no hole to fill.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Missed out on what? I'm relatively happy, I think. That's all that matters. Barring a world war, I don't need many external things to change it. And that's my main point. I could enjoy the last 3 days of my life without a hypothetical soulmate. There is no hole to fill.

I don't want my life to be enjoyable. I don't care about being happy. I want to struggle. I want it to hurt. I want it to push me to death. To call for it. Wish for it. Pray for it.

KDude

I don't want my life to be enjoyable. I don't care about being happy. I want to struggle. I want it to hurt. I want it to push me to death. To call for it. Wish for it. Pray for it.

Hah.. You think I came to my opinion through some simple, enjoyable route? It took a long time for me to allow myself to be content. Just realizing that and the things that lead to where I am in life now was a struggle. For the time being though, I guess I'm cool.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Hah.. You think I came to my opinion through some simple, enjoyable route? It took a long time for me to allow myself to be content. Just realizing that and the things that lead to where I am in life now was a struggle. For the time being though, I guess I'm cool.

Guess so, I've been hurting since I came up, and I look around, and I'm nowhere.
If life is a gift, time is the line for returns.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
it would be statistically unlikely that I would under 3 days. also the whole love at first sight stuff is either extremely high level pattern recognition and luck + physical chemistry / infatuation or more likely just infatuation. It takes hours of conversation just to start knowing someone.

Also being in an obvious hurry would probably be perceived as needy or 'crazy unstable fidgety person'. Maybe it can work with extroverts, introverts would roll in a ball and start sobbing while I go crazyNe on them. it'd be bad *shakes head*

anyway. The OP is weird.:dry:

KDude

Guess so, I've been hurting since I came up, and I look around, and I'm nowhere.
If life is a gift, time is the line for returns.

Well, I'm not here to give advice. If you want to return the gift somehow, so be it. I'm one of those who think it's a gift, and I'd never return it just because my particular gift seems pretty good. I can be grateful because I haven't grown up in the third world and wake up every morning selling rotten crops out of my 2x5 yard garden... which nobody buys. Nor have I had my face mutilated by an insane chimp. Among a myriad of other tragedies that could befall me (and may befall me in my future...who knows). If I had three days left to live, I would remind myself of these things. I've had it pretty good. I wouldn't dwell on "woman problems". That'd be pretty lame.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
more practically speaking- why do I only have 3 days left to live? :huh: when would a situation like this even arise? I haven't borrowed any money from the mob!

I'm more likely to figure out how NOT die in 3 days- I haven't experienced everything I want to yet so I'm not going down without a fight :2ar15:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
more practically speaking- why do I only have 3 days left to live? :huh: when would a situation like this even arise? I haven't borrowed any money from the mob!

I'm more likely to figure out how NOT die in 3 days- I haven't experienced everything I want to yet so I'm not going down without a fight :2ar15:

I had kept away from this thread so far because of :
1) 'the other half' term irks me, but I know I'm sensitive to it because it's something I want in a way

2) I could only think of situations and ways to avoid them rather than complying with the thread. And I'm not invested into the forum enough to follow through with arguing about alternatives online.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've kept away from this thread so far because of :
1) 'the other half' term irks me, but I know I'm sensitive to it because it's something I want in a way

2) I could only think of situations and ways to avoid them rather than complying with the thread. And I'm not invested into the forum enough to follow through with arguing about alternatives online.

"other half" implies that you are not an entire person... and if you can't stand on your own do you deserve to have someone else around without being the burden they must carry? :huh: partner in crime... now THERE'S something to desire... the person who can convey delightfully snarky barbs through eye contact across the table when you're stuck with a boring dinner guest, the person who you can learn from and they can learn from you, someone who you KNOW has your back :heart:

and the arguing saps the life out of forum involvement in a way... where's the fun in getting bogged down defending your right to have an opinion because someone thinks that it's WRONG... I have to wonder if some people have anything better to do :laugh:

Standuble

I wouldn't wait. I would have spent a quarter of a century just searching and waiting so would not feel optimistic I would strike it big within the space of three days.

No, I would write a memoir detailing my life and put it on youtube titled "the thoughts and reflections of a man with days left to live." The prospect that I have left some sort of legacy (and can feel that my life is worth it) is what drives me. Hopefully the video would upload before I passed away.

xisnotx

Permabanned
The world was scheduled to end in three days when I asked this. Seeing as I'm perpetually single, and honestly, in the dark when it comes to knowing heads from tails in romantic relationships, I thought it would be just my luck to find someone in the little time that remained, someone with whom I had honestly fallen hard for, only for the world to actually end.

It would have been funny, at least.