• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

There is no homo or hetero. It's all just sexual.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it were really that easy to choose and everyone had the capacity to have romantic feelings towards either sex or gender, there’d be *a lot* of people who would choose not to be gay.
And quite a number who would choose to be gay.

Yeah, doesn't work like that. More's the pity.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not saying people would not be gay. People would be an open slate. I realize most people would fall out hetero and not homo in their relationships. But we are not really capable of knowing that always.

You should not hunt for love. Love happens without hunting. It's when you hunt for love, or desire lust of the flesh, that you feel the urge to designate your sexual orientations and desires.

Think about it.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. I specified there were many types of loves. And I'm not talking 'love language' either. Some loves will result in the ability/desire to be sexual in the expression of said love, many won't.

I think what you are getting at, and what would be GREAT to be iterated at this point is that there can be so many kinds of love that never result in sexual desire. Our society seems to think you feel sex for everyone (even idols on tv, etc), but should only feel love for the lucky ones. It's actually the other way round. Or should be.

We should actually be feeling LOVE for the amount we lust after now, and only feel sexy toward those few we happen to love in a particular way.

I see; my apologies, I didn't read all of your posts.

I pretty much agree with you. Of course, I can't feel the same love for a man I can for a woman (not that I feel love for multiple women at once: I only stick to one person for long periods of time). By trying to feel love for a man in the same way when I don't, it's the same as trying to not feel love for a particular gender: it's a denial of who you truly are and not good.

Now, perhaps the same love that knights in Arthurian stories seem to display to each other I could do with, but not "sexual love".

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see; my apologies, I didn't read all of your posts.

I pretty much agree with you. Of course, I can't feel the same love for a man I can for a woman (not that I feel love for multiple women at once: I only stick to one person for long periods of time). By trying to feel love for a man in the same way when I don't, it's the same as trying to not feel love for a particular gender: it's a denial of who you truly are and not good.

Now, perhaps the same love that knights in Arthurian stories seem to display to each other I could do with, but not "sexual love".

You cannot know this. No one can.

Many things happen to us and change us that we swore would not happen.

Only God knows what we can do, and what we will do.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm saying I have not as of yet felt anything to a man.;)

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm saying I have not as of yet felt anything to a man.;)

A

A window to the soul

I think the ultimate expression a human can manifest is love. And not all love is created equal. I think the highest love is truly unconditional love, agape, which God has for us, his children.

Upon contemplating a hypothetical romantic partner for myself, it dawned on me that if I say, "I am heterosexual and therefore my perfect mate is a male," that is the same as saying, "I am a homosexual and my perfect mate is a female". But what if my perfect mate is actually something other than what I think I identify with? This happens in other things regarding our lives, we think we *know* something but God shows us otherwise.

I think perhaps the Godliest way to be, if we want to live in God's will for us, is to just say we are sexual, if we must say anything at all. Perhaps we should just say we are loving, because we should not really be sexing for sex's sake, but for love, making love the primary impetus for sensual and sexual relations anyway.

If we say we are X-sexual, we are trying to control who we love. And we are saying that who we love is based on who we want to have sex with. We are allowing our sexual inclinations (more superficial) to dictate love. Since love is THE primary substance of everything (because God is love and God is everything), this is wrong. So, for these reasons identifying who we are based on some misguided sexual notions, is not Godly.

So, no, I'm not bisexual. I'm not heterosexual. I'm not homosexual. I'm just loving. And when God wants me to have a sexualoving relationship, he'll give me someone to love that I may be sexual with.

Agape love is not the same thing as romantic love. Agape love is what parents feel for their kids. Romantic love has a sexual component, agape love does not. :)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not saying people would not be gay. People would be an open slate. I realize most people would fall out hetero and not homo in their relationships. But we are not really capable of knowing that always.

You should not hunt for love. Love happens without hunting. It's when you hunt for love, or desire lust of the flesh, that you feel the urge to designate your sexual orientations and desires.

Think about it.
I don't need to think about it. And I don't need you to tell me what's good for me. None of us do. If anyone is on the hunt here, it's you.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agape love is not the same thing as romantic love. Agape love is what parents feel for their kids. Romantic love has a sexual component, agape love does not. :)

Yes, I agree. Though not all parents have agape love for their kids. Agape love can be experienced by people, but it's so hard to maintain and so pure, I used God as the example of it.

I don't need to think about it. And I don't need you to tell me what's good for me. None of us do. If anyone is on the hunt here, it's you.

When are you going to succumb to me, my hot little wily wench? :blowkiss:

A

A window to the soul

Yes, I agree. Though not all parents have agape love for their kids. Agape love can be experienced by people, but it's so hard to maintain and so pure, I used God as the example of it.
I agree with that. As for amour (romantic love), in Genesis 2, the human race began with the creation of a heterosexual couple, Adam and Eve. God commanded them to be fruitful and multiply. Genesis 2:24 states: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. Marriage is an institution God designed as a lifelong covenant relationship between a man and woman (Matt. 19:1-6).

For clarification, 1 Corinthians 13:4 where it talks a about love being patient, kind, etc., I believe it's talking about agape love (non-sexual).

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with that. As for amour (romantic love), in Genesis 2, the human race began with the creation of a heterosexual couple, Adam and Eve. God commanded them to be fruitful and multiply. Genesis 2:24 states: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. Marriage is an institution God designed as a lifelong covenant relationship between a man and woman (Matt. 19:1-6).

You falsely quoted there. My bible (NIV) says unites. Bonds. Yes. But it doesn't say 'only.'

For clarification, 1 Corinthians 13:4 where it talks a about love being patient, kind, etc., I believe it's talking about agape love (non-sexual).

Yes, I like that quote. Agape love is our ideal.

A

A window to the soul

[MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION] - If you truly want to know how God feels about homosexuality, take a look at the Mosaic Law. It is condemned as "detestable" and was punishable by death (Lev. 18:22; 20:13).

In the New Testament, Jesus was crucified to fulfill the law, but that does not suddenly make it okay. God detests sin. What that means is, I don't believe homosexuals are going to hell as long as they believe Jesus died for their sins; however, I do believe their faith in God will be a challenge, if they know in their heart they're dishonoring God.

I want to clarify, I am not the judge or the jury here. We all sin, but I have no idea what it's like to be a Christian homosexual.

Jaguar

I don't believe homosexuals are going to hell as long as they believe Jesus died for their sins

I believe Santa Claus died for my sins, so I will not be going to hell.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION] - If you truly want to know how God feels about homosexuality, take a look at the Mosaic Law. It is condemned as "detestable" and was punishable by death (Lev. 18:22; 20:13).

In the New Testament, Jesus was crucified to fulfill the law, but that does not suddenly make it okay. God detests sin. What that means is, I don't believe homosexuals are going to hell as long as they believe Jesus died for their sins; however, I do believe their faith in God will be a challenge, if they know in their heart they're dishonoring God.

I want to clarify, I am not the judge or the jury here. We all sin. I have no idea what it's like to be a Christian homosexual.

Yeah. Leviticus. Not sure what to do about Leviticus, and all the mitzvot. We'd have to follow like 613 laws if we were to do it all, making homosexuality just one of hundreds of things that are 'detestable.'

I still go back to the 10 Commandments and the love/lust rule to help me determine and identify sexual immorality.

A

A window to the soul

I believe Santa Claus died for my sins, so I will not be going to hell.

I hope Santa didn't die. I sent him my Christmas list. My list starts with a new Mustang, a toy poodle pup, and ends with a new brother.