• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What have you done today to achieve total enlightenment?

G

garbage

So far? Kept up with entries in my 'accountability'/'habit' log and read a bunch of thought-provoking threads on TypoC. :popc1:

gromit

likes this
This thread title makes me smile. Starts out very mundane, ends up very cosmic.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's 10:30 in the morning... I make it a point never to achieve total enlightenment before noon. :D

Likely there will be some reading of CS Lewis later.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's 10:30 in the morning... I make it a point never to achieve total enlightenment before noon. :D

Likely there will be some reading of CS Lewis later.

Quite likely, in fact. It's good for us. :D

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Put glitter on my face and pink extensions in my hair. :alttongue: And relaxing in the shower helped me toward enlightenment as well.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Put glitter on my face and pink extensions in my hair. :alttongue: And relaxing in the shower helped me toward enlightenment as well.

Try not to confuse facial and hair enhancements with mental enlightenment and inner illumination.

The transformations are rather different in design.

I'm just being a nit picky bastard, but seriously, the way of honing the mind lies not in the mundane, but rather in the arcane!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try not to confuse facial and hair enhancements with mental enlightenment and inner illumination.

The transformations are rather different in design.

I'm just being a nit picky bastard, but seriously, the way of honing the mind lies not in the mundane, but rather in the arcane!
Oh, you would understand if you were a girly girl. ;)

The mundane can stimulate reflection upon the arcane, thereby serving as a vehicle for the consciousness to ascend!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] I suppose then the meaning of life could start with cosmetics, which is the mundane, and end in cosmology, which is the arcane.

Cosmic Consciousness is then the next step, becoming one with God, the infinite source.

And finally, we need to assume the complete power and control Gods commands, causing old worlds at will to vanish, and springing new ones into being.

Ironically, it all starts with pimping out your appearance!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] I suppose then the meaning of life could start with cosmetics, which is the mundane, and end in cosmology, which is the arcane.

Cosmic Consciousness is then the next step, becoming one with God, the infinite source.

And finally, we need to assume the complete power and control Gods commands, causing old worlds at will to vanish, and springing new ones into being.

Ironically, it all starts with pimping out your appearance!

Indeed. Beauty is a subset of harmony, which is a subset of balance; mastery of which leads to cosmic oneness and enlightenment.

Mole

Permabanned
The Enlightenment was based on evidence and reason, so is always provisional, reviseable and partial.

While total enlightenment gives us totalitarian ideology with total control, and absolute power over life and death.

So total enlightenment is the enemy of the Enlightenment. Yet how seductive we find totalitarianism - we fall for the totalitarian temptation.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hmm.. abstract answer. I appreciate the universe for what it is giving me now. concrete answer. ran a bunch of errands to move closer toward achieving my goals and had some conversations with friends that led to each of us being able to share our selves

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ

Found a better animation of this (IMO)

The story behind this for those who don't get it:
In this story Miku is a robot and is the last sign of humanity after a great war where the environment is destroyed and humans become extinct. A human had Miku hidden away with the sole purpose of growing a plant.

Miku decides to look for the human who gave her the plant, while waiting for it to grow, and goes all over the world, happily saying hello to everything and not really disturbed by anything in life because she doesn't have much concept of it. She slowly breaks down and starts falling apart.

When she's almost completely broken, she finally finds the grave of the human that gave her the plant, and upon seeing that he is already dead she feels emotions and is very, very sad. At this point her body finally gives out and she dies, but the plant has successfully been grown so she accomplished both her missions. The plant presumably goes wild and covers the earth.